Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > A Heavy Heart to Hold Me Down

Estranged When You're Alone

by MyNomDePlume 2 reviews

The headache-inducing battle inside my head finally ended with a migraine-inducing verdict. Call Ryan.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-06-21 - Updated: 2012-06-21 - 773 words

0Unrated
It's up! I had the dialogue done for a week but I couldn't think of the rest of the story until yesterday. So here it is in all it's glory. :)

Cars raced by me as if I didn’t exist. They were too busy with their very important lives to notice me lying in the grass next to the road. I didn’t care, though. I didn’t need their sympathy. Besides, I was busy arguing with myself.

Call him.
Don’t call him.
Call him.
Don’t call him.
Call him.
Fine! Just pick up the goddamn phone and call him!

The headache-inducing battle inside my head finally ended with a migraine-inducing verdict.

Call Ryan.

It seemed like the right decision, but I was worried. I mean, who wouldn’t be worried when the person they loved might not answer the phone, or worse - actually answer it. The last time we had spoken, things went all wrong.

“It’s for the best, Brendon.” he told me.

“What do you mean?”

“We can’t keep pretending that we’re the same people. We have different tastes in music. We’ve grown up.”

“So? I still love you as much as I did before. You don’t feel the same, do you?” I was so naive and so desperate not to lose him.

“It’s for the best, Brendon.”

“You don’t feel the same, do you?” I repeated myself, getting more emotional every second.

“I do, Bren, you have to believe me when I say that. I just don’t want to hurt you.” he had one foot out the door.

“Please don’t go, Ry.”

“I’m really sorry, Brendon.” he started closing the door.

“Wait!” but he was already gone.

He didn’t even say goodbye.

********

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and looked at the home screen. A picture of me and Ryan stared back at me. Ryan was smiling like he was the luckiest man in the world while I was kissing his cheek. We were only 19; so young and carefree. The smile on his face gave me a surge of confidence that only he could give. Without hesitation, I dialled Ryan’s number and brought the phone to my ear.

No turning back now.

RING-RING-RI-

“Brendon? Do you know what time it is?” Ryan’s voice burst through my phone and sent energy coursing through my veins.

“Um.. I, uh...” I was so shocked to hear his voice that I nearly forgot how to speak.

“Bren, are you drunk?”

“No! I... I just... I needed someone to talk to.”

Okay, maybe I was a little intoxicated, but at least I wasn’t slurring my speech and blubbering like an idiot.

“Why did you call me then? You could’ve called Spence.”

“I know, Ry. It’s just... I just...”

“Spit it out or I’m hanging up.”

Tears started forming in my eyes when I heard the slight bitterness in his voice. “No, wait! Please don’t leave me again.” I bit my bottom lip to try and stop it from quivering.

“Bren, are you crying?”

“Of course n-not!”

Liar, liar, pants on fire.

“Okay then. Wait, what did you mean by ‘again’?”

Why the hell did I say that?!

“Aw fuck. This isn’t about me leaving is it?”

I couldn’t bring myself to answer because it was obvious enough.

“You are crying.”

“IreallymissyoualotandIwanttoseeyouagain.” I blurted out into the phone.

“What was that?”

“I miss you, okay? More than you can fucking imagine.”

Ryan was silent.

“I just wish that I could see you one last time.” I whispered.

“Where are you?”

“Corner of Fourth and Fremont. Where do you think?”

Why did he care?

“Hold on.”

“Wait - what are you doing?”

The line went dead. I didn’t want to believe it.

“Ry? Ryan don’t hang up on me! RYAN!” I screamed into the phone as if it would bring him back on the line.

“What?”

Wait, did that actually work?!

I looked up to see the most beautiful face staring down at me.

“Hey, Bren.” he knelt down beside me and helped me sit up.

“Ryan.” he smiled as I murmured his name through tears. I wrapped my arms around him as tight as I could. I was afraid that if I let go he would leave again.

“Shh, Brenny. I’m right here. Don't cry."

“I-I told you. I’m not crying.” I protested into his tear-stained shirt.

“Sure you’re not, Bren. Sure you’re not.”

What did you guys think? R&R for yours truly please!
Sign up to rate and review this story