Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Runaway

Chapter Two

by Drowning_in_Irony 4 reviews

"I gazed at the building in front of me, frozen in my tracks as I cocked my head to the side."

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-23 - Updated: 2012-06-24 - 821 words

1Funny
OKAY, so, this is sort of short, but only because I want to save actual introductions for next time. But, yeah, enjoy! :)


CHAPTER TWO


Danielle


I was beginning to get really anxious, for several reasons. Let’s make a list, shall we?

a) I ran away from home, about a day ago, I’m guessing, considering it was getting pretty dark out.

b) I was running very low on money.

c) I hadn’t eaten for hours, now.

d) I was walking with a complete stranger to god-knows-where; with no idea where I was in the first place (I really should have let ‘Mindy’ tell me when I was at the station.)

So, all in all, my chances seemed good, right? I’m sure if I say this to myself enough times, I might actually convince myself of it. If not, well, then I’m screwed.

“So you’re not a serial killer?”

Jon glanced at me, eyebrow raised. “No…”

I pointed an accusing finger at him. “That is exactly what a serial killer would say!”

He snorted, shaking his head. “Well, what reason does he have to say yes?”

I stared at him for a while, before tripping on a stone—a stone.

I figured that was my cue to pay attention to where we were going.

~~~~~*~

Well. Where we ended up was not what I was expecting.

I gazed at the building in front of me, frozen in my tracks as I cocked my head to the side. The building in front of me was not house, or an evil laboratory. It was an old apartment building. Many of the windows were boarded up, and the door looked broken, but that wasn’t what caught my eye. What gained my attention was the black rubble that was probably once part of the building. The side was boarded up, though obviously not by a professional.

Jon noticed my stare, rolling his eyes before gesturing for me to follow him inside. I complied, my gaze lingering on the burnt rubble a few moments longer.

I tightened my grip on my bag as I followed Jon through the broken double doors, my eyes scanning my new surroundings.

I was now in the middle of a pretty straightforward hallway—going left lead you to the stairs, going right took you to an elevator. Giving the elevator a second glance, I saw that the words ‘Do not use unless you are awaiting potential harm/death. That means YOU, Bren!' were scrawled across the doors. Following these words was a winking face.

Okay, then, stairs from here on out. I could use the exercise anyway.

I looked over at Jon, who was already on his way towards the stairs. He looked back at me, cocking his head in a gesture to follow him. I sighed, jogging down the hallway in order to catch up with him. I had no idea how he could walk that fast in flip-flops. Especially the ones he was wearing, considering they looked like they were barely staying together. If that were me I’d probably have killed myself already.

Once we had walked up to the second floor, I looked around.

The hallway was in part way decent condition, with a few cracks in the ceiling, and a door or two missing a knob, but other than that, it looked pretty livable.

And then I found myself on the ground.

I shook my head a bit, looking behind me, to see a pale kid with really dark hair—I seriously couldn’t tell if it was black or just really brown—running for his life, arms flailing everywhere. Just as I was about to pick myself up and ask Jon what the hell that was about, a tiny girl being swallowed by a sweatshirt four sizes too big raced past me, screaming, “The Notebook is not stupid, you dick!”

After a few seconds, another girl, much taller this time, ran after her shouting, “Don’t you dare hurt him, Anna! ANNA!”

I stared after them for a few minutes, even after they’d all disappeared down the stairs, before a hand was thrust in front of my face. Jon stared down at me, a smirk gracing his lips. I rolled my eyes, allowing him to pull me back up.

I only waited a beat. “What in the living hell just happened?!?!”

He laughed at me, running a hand through his hair. “Well, apparently Brendon insulted The Notebook in front of Anna, which he should know is a crappy idea, and now his sister, has to stop Anna from murdering him painfully and slowly.”

I stared at him. “But, she was like, two feet tall.”

Jon bit his lip, stifling a laugh. “Just don’t let her hear you say that.”

I nodded slowly, wondering how I ever managed to get in this situation in the first place.

Oh, yeah.
Sign up to rate and review this story