Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > Hurricane

Chapter Ten

by echeloncookie 1 review

This story is all fake. I'll be putting this line in the summary of each one of my chapters.

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2012-06-26 - Updated: 2012-06-26 - 1367 words - Complete

5Exciting
HURRICANE

CHAPTER TEN

“So, Jared is the dad?” Emma asked her. “Wow. When did this happen?”

“About a month ago, maybe two.” Skyla sighed and went to lay down on her bed. “Can one of you take me to the doctor later this week to find out?”

“Of course. Have you told Jared?” Emma said.

“I tried. He just kind of... blows it off,” Skyla said. “I guess one more test should-”

“No. You should tell him. We'll be in the other room. But go easy on him, okay?” Emma and Vicki both gave her a hug and they left. Soon, Jared came in.

“Hey, what's going on?” he asked her. Skyla sighed and led him over to her bed.

“Jared, I have to tell you something. I know you won't like it either. But... remember when I told you I thought I was pregnant?”

“Shh... be quiet!” Emma hissed to Vicki. They were standing outside the door with their ears pressed to the crack, and Shannon and Tomo were both standing above them doing the same, eavesdropping on Jared and Skyla.

“Let's go into the next room; these walls are like paper!” Shannon told them.

“Go, go, go!” They scurried into the room beside Skyla's and shut the door, blocking out all sound besides Skyla's voice in the next room. They listened in quietly.

“Yeah, I remember,” Jared told her. He walked around her room and sat down in one of her armchairs; she sat down across from him in another. They leaned in towards each other so that they could hear better.

“You know that they're all listening in, right?” Jared asked her.

“Yeah. But listen... remember when-”

“You told me you thought you were pregnant, yes, yes. What about it?”

“I am pregnant. I've taken eight tests with the same results.” Skyla buried her face in her hands; Jared sighed and waited a few minutes before reaching over to hug her.

“You know good and well I won't leave you high and dry with no help. You'll need us these next few months a lot. And you have me to blame, specifically.”

“I need to go to the doctor. Soon,” she told him. “And-”

“It's okay. I'll help you with anything you need. You can always come to us for help.” Jared rubbed her back. “Listen, okay? You just worry about getting an appointment with a doctor. I'll handle everything else, okay?”

Skyla stood up and walked out of the room. She walked over to the next room where Shannon, Tomo, Vicki, and Emma were all at and knocked on the door. Shannon and Tomo dove behind the bed that was in the room and listened in on their conversation.

“Hey Vicki, Emma, can you come with me outside for a moment?” she asked.

“Of course,” Emma told. They followed her outside.

“I need a doctor appointment soon,” she told them. “Can you help me get one?”

“Yes, of course.” Emma walked outside to call and make an appointment, leaving Vicki and Skyla alone in the living room.

“You aren't going to give me the 'going to be there for you to help you with anything' song and dance, are you?” Skyla asked her as they headed toward the kitchen. Vicki reached inside and handed her a bottle of water and some grapes.

“No. I'm just going to ask you about possible names you might have in mind,” Vicki told her.

“Gray for a boy or Jassie for a girl,” Skyla told her. “But I'm not sure.”

“You can never be sure,” Vicki told her. “I like the name you chose for a girl. And I have a suggestion for a boy's name: Link.”

“Cute.” Skyla smiled at her. They looked at Emma, who had just walked back toward them.

“They want to see you today,” she told Skyla. “Can you go?”

“What time?” she asked. “I need time to take a shower if it's a few hours from now.”

“You have time. Go ahead and take a shower.” Emma and Vicki leaned against the kitchen counter while Skyla went to take a hurried shower.

“God, can you believe she's pregnant?” Vicki asked.

“No. I figured she wouldn't be stupid enough to get pregnant this fast,” Emma said. She sat down beside Vicki and began talking with her about Skyla. “Do you think it'll be a boy or a girl?”

“I hope it'll be a girl. She has a cute name picked out for a girl.”

“Really? What is it?”

“Jassie.”

“Aww. And a boy?”

“Either Gray or Link.”

Jared walked out and joined them just then. He listened to them talking before he admitted, “I, personally, like Gray. And you can change the spelling if it were a girl to Grey.”

Emma and Vicki jumped up. “Where did you come from?”

“In there.” He motioned towards the house. “Skyla's finishing up, by the way.”

“Okay. Thanks.” Emma and Vicki headed inside to see Skyla.

As they headed up the stairs to Skyla's room they passed Tomo and Shannon in the living room.

“She's fixing her hair, or she should be,” Shannon told them.

“Thanks.” As they reached Skyla's room, they peered into her room and noticed her looking at her stomach in the mirror. She already had a slightly noticeable bump forming and the look on her face was unlike one they've ever seen on her face before.

“Wait. Let her be. She deserves this alone time, as a mom-to-be,” Emma whispered. They shut the door and leaned against the wall.

“She's going to be one of those 'pretty mommies,' isn't she?” Vicki asked.

“Yeah, she is,” Jared said from their left.

They looked up at him. “She's-”

“I know.” He disappeared inside her room. “Hey,” he said quietly when he saw Skyla.

She quickly put her shirt down and looked at his reflection. “Hey.”

He walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. He laid a hand on her stomach and looked at her. He didn't say a word to her until she went to remove his hand; he rested his chin on the top of her head and looked at their reflections.

“Emma said you had a doctor appointment today?” he asked her.

“Yeah. That's why I took the quick shower,” she told him.

“Well... they're waiting on you,” he told her. He left her to her thoughts as he went to find Shannon and Tomo.

“Hey. I'm ready,” she told them as she came out of her bedroom. She had her long light-auburn hair pulled up into a wet, messy ponytail and she was wearing a pair of black yoga pants and a tank top. Her small bump was almost visible, and she looked gaunt and pale.

“Are you sure you want to keep this appointment, Skyla? You look sick.” Emma felt Skyla's forehead.

“I believe the proper word is clammy.” Skyla sank down onto a couch in the living room and her face went from white to green in a heartbeat. Jared scooped her up and quickly carried her to the bathroom. He set her down beside the bathtub in time for her to throw up in it.

“You okay?” he asked her. She had propped herself up on the side of the bathtub to look at him.

“Yeah. I think I should hold off on that appointment for now. Until I get over the smell of fruit making me sick.” She stood up and brushed her pants off; Jared scooped her up and carried her outside to one of the many other cars in the garage.

“Just wait here,” he told her. He ran back inside and came back out with his wallet and BlackBerry and her purse and phone.

“What are you doing?” she asked him.

“I'm going to take you if no one else will,” he said. “My baby. My wife. My car.”

“Really? Thank you!” Skyla leaned over and kissed him on the cheek.

Jared blushed cherry red. “Well, I want to see the first sonogram of the baby.”

“Yeah, me too.” Skyla laid a hand on her stomach. She sighed and looked out the window, her stomach full of butterflies.
Sign up to rate and review this story