Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Sigh. It has to be said.

by TheObserver 0 reviews

There are some things that I believe should be fixed. In a peaceful way..

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-06-26 - Updated: 2012-06-26 - 564 words

2Insightful
Hello authors of FicWad. Please do not be angry with me or assume I'm a troll set on trying to break up this community.
I just would like to let a few things off of my chest that have been bothering me.
Hopefully this can benefit the community, but if it causes problems I'll remove it.

I'm aware this has nothing to do with My Chemical Romance, but a lot of things on this page aren't My Chemical Romance related. Also, most of the fictions, as well as problems onthis site, have arised out of this category.

Without further ado, I would like to voice my problems and suggest solutions. Again I mean this in the most respectful way possible.

1) Trolls in the dungeon!
Yes, we're all quite aware of the trolls and how simply annoying and hurtful they can be. But 11 out of 10 times they are bored, lifeless people with nothing better to do than make other people angry. It's difficult to ignore them when they seem to be crawling all around the site, but just pretend they aren't there. It's been said time and time again, but if you don't provoke them, then it's absolutely no fun. They're entertained by making people angry and annoyed. Just. Ignore. Them.

2) Rates and reviews.
We all enjoy getting nice reviews and it's exciting to see your story go up in ratings (I am an author on FicWad, but I'm going under this name in case you all decide to hate me) but rates and reviews aren't what this site is about. This site is about writing and being able to express yourself. It should be something you do for yourself, rather than popularity, but your intentions are none of my business. Especially if you're new here, don't be upset when your story had few or no reviews or is at a zero. First off, you're new and most authors have no idea who you are. Second, this doesn't mean you're a bad author, and should quit writing.

3) All of this "I'm giving up writing" nonsense
If you want to leave the site, and no longer post things on here, that's fine, do what you will with your life, but I find it a bit...silly to give up writing because you aren't being reviewed. And please don't say how you're going to give up writing just to get sympathy and nice reviews from people telling you not to leave. Also, many authors who have been here for years have begun to leave. This makes me sad, but also a bit annoyed as they seem to be doing so in a pompous manner. Some, not all, of the "retired authors" tend to put off an I'm-too-good-for-this-site attitude, and I don't much like that. But as I've said before, do and act however you want.

4) Let's be a community again.
FicWad used to be a family, and I still think it is (dysfunctional, yeah, but a family nonetheless) There's A LOT of new authors joining, and some of the older authors look down upon them. Just because they're new doesn't mean they aren't just as welcome as someone who's been here since '05. Help the newbies out, and make them feel welcome, and hopefully we can be a fam-damily again.


I hope I didn't come off as mean or disrespectful. These things have just been bothering me.
Sign up to rate and review this story