Categories > TV > Doctor Who

The Last Time

by AncientGallifrey 0 reviews

Katarina has a vision, that might just change her life.

Category: Doctor Who - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-06-29 - Updated: 2012-06-29 - 1040 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Doctor what’s happening?” I murmur slowly.
I place one hand on my forehead, sensing the thumping beats of light. While my other hand searches, trying to find something to support myself. The pain is so sharp, water wells up in my eyes until I can’t stand the confusion any longer, and I collapse to the ground with a wave of darkness.
My vision reawakens, the thumping lessening, but the light returns even stronger.
Ghostly colours layer over my sight. Shapes mirror and merge, whispering. It seems like a sort of tunnel, with the sunshine burning down through the leaves. Then a blinding flash appears, and I quickly draw my hands to my face covering the harsh light. But as this starts to lessen too, I carefully remove my hands, and before me stands an image.
‘Is this some kind of vision the Gods have sent me?’ I wonder.

I see 2 people, happily strolling through a forest brimming with starlight. They stare upwards, the countless lights reflecting the joy in their eyes. They hug close, protecting each other from the bitter cold of the night. They seem so close, like nothing would ever break them apart.
Then the light flashes again, streaming the vision forwards. I see the Girl again, this time clutching some white roses. She walks down the street, bustling with activity. She darts between people, her eagerness showing as she breaks into a run. But up ahead there is another harsh light, noise erupting from the area. She draws closer, and we both stop dead in horror of what we see. There is a house, tearing down with cold flames, screams bleeding from its outer walls.
“Katarina!!!” a screech echoes outwards.
I stare around my name being called, but it clearly seems to come from the vision. I carry on watching, with sadness and confusion.
The girl responds with a sprint, not bothering about her surroundings anymore her eyes focused on the burning house. She unknowingly runs straight into what looks like a Warrior.
“What’s happening here?!” The girl demands, trying to keep the anguish out of her trembling voice.
“We have heard reports that Christians are living in this house, and they will be dealt with accordingly.” The Warrior replies.
I can feel the emotions erupting form the Girl’s heart, loneliness, sadness and helplessness. In some strange way it feels like my own.
She drops her white roses, seemingly black with grief.
The light flashes forward again, this time picturing the Young man. He remembers the burning flames, his family destroyed in the falling timbers with Katarina weeping in the distance. Two soldiers support his bleeding body, embedded with whip marks. He looks undernourished, like he hasn’t been able to take care of himself for some days. The soldiers half-drag him across the corridors, taunting him all the time.
“Fool! Will you Christians never learn?”
All he responds in reply is by keeping his head up, with not even a bit of fear deep within his eyes.
I stare on, at this sad story, wondering how he can possibly be so calm at a time lime this. Even the strongest Troy soldier would have broken down by now. Although I can sense that there is a mightier power supporting him. The light flashes once more, but I sense for the Final time.
He stands in the Arena, surrounded by a massive crowd, cheering him on to his fate. He looks to his left as the Lions are released from their cage. They step out, roaring at the scent of living flesh. His eyes betray no fright or fear, just a calm sense of peace, like the waves lapping along the shore. His eyes travel upwards through the clouds. His hand throwing his only defence: the sword onto the bloody sand. The lions advance, tearing the ground up in their mighty strides. Dust flies into the stench of the air, as they close upon their Victim. I clasp my eyelids shut, unable to will myself to see what happens next. My ears convey ripping, snarling and even though my eyes are shut; my mind paints the picture for me. I open my eyes, just quick enough to catch the last site of his lifeless body, torn to shreds, being removed from the clearing.
The vision fades to darkness, as well as the whole light tunnel around me.
All I can think of is them together in happiness, with their whole life ahead of them. But arrogance and cruelty ripped them apart.
Although I don’t understand, he was willing to die for his faith. I know he wasn’t a fool, I would never truly love a man who was a fool, and in some ways that girl Katarina, must have been me. Know I think about it, what did the Gods ever do? All we ever did was give them sacrifice after sacrifice. We Worshiped idols, mere models of them, made by man.. But what evidence was there that they truly existed?
This man was so sure of his own faith, that he was even prepared to leave this world and die. This is no fool.
A god who truly loves, and even sent his own son to die a horrible death for the sake of man to be able to reunite with God, in their proper place with him. Even after we did so wrong to him, pushing him out of our lives and worshipping things made of stone instead. Wanting to be ruler ourselves. He still forgives. One day he will come and judge us, and if we believe in him, we can be eternally with him otherwise, eternally separated. He is a just and loving God, and I think I am prepared to believe in him.

The Darkness fades into light as I open my eyes once more. I stand up, feeling a little weary from the experience, and lean on the Tardis console. The Doctor walks in casually, but a feeling alarm spreads over on his face when he sees me. He rushes over to me, but before he can talk I interrupt.
“Before you ask I’m ok, in fact my Spirit as never felt such peace.”
Sign up to rate and review this story