Categories > Anime/Manga > Neon Genesis Evangelion > Science Ninja Avengers

Chapter 5

by ArsaoTome 0 reviews

Gendo pits the JSSDF against Falcon, Midnight and the Avengers almost @ the cost of Midnight's life.

Category: Neon Genesis Evangelion - Rating: R - Genres: Crossover - Characters: Gendo Ikari,Misato Katsuragi,Shinji Ikari - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-06-30 - Updated: 2012-06-30 - 6123 words

0Unrated
CHAPTER 5

"Simple. We make her apart of the team." Captain America stated.
 
"WE WHAT?" Misato, Ms Marvel, Beast, Spider Man, Spider Woman, She-Hulk and the Scarlet Witch all shouted in unison.
 
"I think you’ll all agree it’s the best course of action. Better to have her on our side and watch over her at the same time." Cap said. "And besides, it’s obvious that she doesn’t want to be away from Shinji. Despite their first meeting."
 
The group looked at each other and realized that it probably was. Bearing in mind that Phoenix was capable of mind-reading, trying to deceive her in any fashion was impossible. Better to be honest about their intentions then anything else.
 
"But why does she want to be with him?" She-Hulk asked.

Phoenix sighed as she ran a hand through his hair, caressing his face as she physically helped him stand. "I lost him once; I'm not losing him again." she answered. Not willing to argue with her, given her seemingly fragile state of mind and immense power, the group went along with Captain America’s idea.
 
"So... what are we gonna do about this flying piece of real estate... and the ninjas?" Spider Woman asked.
 
The group looked at each other before looking at Phoenix. "The web-woman makes a good point." Misato said.
 
"Well, hypothetically, once we get far enough away from this piece of floating terra firma, Phoenix’s telekinetic abilities will lessen and cause it to drop like a ....perhaps that is a bad analogy." Beast said as he suddenly remembered what they were standing on.
 
"Yeah, real bad!" Spider Woman hissed.
 
"Let’s get these guys into the Phoenix II. We can interrogate them later." Cap said.
 
The group agreed and pulled the group of ninjas down from the air before loading them up into the Phoenix II.
 
"The Phoenix II?" Phoenix asked as she helped escort Shinji into the jet.
 
"That’s what we call it." Misato said.
 
"I like the name." she grinned.
 
Once the ninjas were pulled from the air, tied up, and loaded into the high-tech jet, the group took off. And like Beast had said, once they were out of range, the massive air-borne property fell to the ground, filling in the large hole it had been taken from.
 
While flying back to headquarters, with Shinji seated between both a concerned Scarlet Witch and a worried Phoenix as Ms Marvel turned her seat around to face Shinji.
 
"So, Shinji, why were you out at that cemetery?" Ms Marvel asked.
 
"I was visiting my mother. Or... at least her grave marker. It’s been so long since I was last here. The last time I saw my mother was right before her accident." he said, staring out the window. "I haven’t seen her in so long, I.... I feel like a rotten son." he sighed as Phoenix rubbed his back, with Scarlet Witch clenching his hand tightly. "I know the site is empty, but still, I should've visited."
 
"Well, sure." She-Hulk said. "Any good son would have done that. But... how were you going to get there from the States?"
 
"She's right, Shinji-kun." Misato said. "You were half a world away. I'm sure if she was still alive today she wouldn't blame you."
 
By the time the team had arrived at the underground ISO base, Shinji was feeling a little better at Misatos words.
 
"Welcome to the Batcave." Misato joked to Phoenix as she helped Spider Woman ‘escort’ a ninja off the high-tech jet. While Wanda helped Shinji back to his room to get some rest, Phoenix watched the young man go as a certain blue-furred mutant stepped up beside her.
 
"In a way, he does remind me somewhat of Scott." he said, not looking at the woman.
 
"But, he's not. Right?" she asked.
 
"Right." he said and then proceeded to tell her everything about what had happened to them and why they were trying to help him.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
Cap left the interrogation of the ninjas to Carol, Luke and Natasha, knowing full well their combined strength and skill (if not their attitudes) would be enough to break the ninjas. However, there was always the chance that they didn’t know anything, but the super soldier preferred to be thorough.
 
When Ororo and Logan saw their old telekinetic teammate alive and well, they hugged her tightly and she hugged them back. Piotr did the same once he emerged from the kitchen, overjoyed to see the redhead. Naturally they were all confused, and Beast was happy to explain what had happened, none of them seeing Wanda leading Shinji back to his room.
 
"Now you just get into the bed and try to relax." Wanda said after she had examined his wounds.
 
"Yes, Aunt Wanda." Shinji said as he sat down in the bed. Though Jean had healed his wounds, Shinji was still exhausted from all that had happened in the last few hours. First super strong women sparring with me, then cyborgs, then ninjas, now a redheaded super heroine with telekinetic powers that everyone seems to be afraid of. God, I’m exhausted! He said as he crashed backwards onto the bed, his body shutting down into sleep mode.
 
Wanda just smiled as she walked over and was about to put a blanket over him, when she saw a tear run down from his eyes.
 
"...mother..." he whispered as another tear followed suit.
 
Her compassion overwhelming her, Wanda removed her heavier clothing and crawled in beside him, pulling him into a warm, motherly hug. Dressed in only an under-shirt and panties, Wanda stroked Shinjis hair gently as his head rested on her shoulder, sleep eventually taking her too.
 
After Wanda had fallen asleep, the door to Shinjis room opened up as a certain redheaded mentalist looked in and smiled at them. Closing the door she left to the kitchen to help with dinner.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
While everyone else was going about their business, Misato was at the central computer trying to find out about their attackers. Logan came into the war room and peered over the woman’s shoulder.
 
"Whatcha looking at, Misa?" Logan asked, downing a cold brew.
 
"Mercenary sites." she said. "Those cyborgs that attacked us were hired by Gendo." she said, turning to look directly at Logan. "Still don’t know how you got them to talk."
 
"I’m the best there is at what I do." he said with a shrug.
 
"Anyway, first those cyborgs attack us, then a couple hours later Shinji gets ambushed by a pack of ninjas. It’s too much of a coincidence." she huffed, when Logan suddenly saw her eyes light up. "Of course! Why didn’t I see it before?!" she exclaimed as she hurriedly typed on the computer, the site she was looking for coming up. "I Knew It! ‘The Trinity Brethren'!"
 
"You know these jokers?" Logan asked, looking at the web-page.
 
"Not personally. I’ve heard of them. Several years ago a religious fanatic named Dr. Kim Jong Lee hired a group of cybernetic soldiers as bodyguards. They were part of a rogue military experiment, or something like that. There were rumors that Jong had recruited a clan of ninjas also. Which is where the name came from." she explained.
 
"The name?"
 
"Trinity Brethren. It refers to the three sub-groups that make up his little gang. The cyborgs are supposed to represent intellect, or the advancement of technology. The ninjas are supposed to represent the body, the peak of human physicality. The last group were Jong Lee’s fanatics, supposed to represent spirituality. Together they’re the most sought after mercenary group in the known world. Wanted by nearly every law enforcement agency in the world too."
 
Logan whistled. "Fanatics. Cyborgs. And Ninjas." he said, then asked, "What kind of ninjas?"
 
Misato brought up the video interrogation of the ninjas, who despite the best abilities of Natasha, Luke and Carol, revealed nothing.
 
"Damn! They remind me of The Hand." Logan said.
 
"The Who?" Misato asked.
 
"The Hand. The largest and most feared ninja clan from our world."
 
"Hmm. What would Ritsuko call it? Dopplegangers? Parallel world counterparts? Something like that." Misato mused. "Gave you a lot of trouble, did they?"
 
"Me and every other costume-wearing hero." he said as he finished his beer. "But I wonder. We’ve only taken on the borgs and the nin. Where are the cultists?"
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(Gendo’s Office, NERV)
 
"Absolutely not!" Gendo sneered at the man.
 
"We had an understanding." the man said.
 
"Your men failed, and I don’t pay for failure."
 
"We failed because of you."
 
"You should learn to take responsibility for your own actions."
 
Behind his mask, the man glared at Gendo as he, in one motion, leapt across the desk and pulled his dagger from the sheath at his hip. In one swift movement he had knocked the commander to the ground and slipped the blade between his red-tinted glasses and his eyes. Gendo gasped at just how close the finely polished blade came to his left eye, which was reflecting the iris of his eye back at him.
 
"You did not provide us with sufficient information regarding the people you wished us to acquire for you." the man hissed into Gendo’s ear. "They were aided by strangely dressed individuals with special abilities. Some would call them superheroes."
 
The grim commander was listening, while being very careful not to slit his eyeball.
 
"Had we known of their existence and association, we would have been better prepared. Thusly, you are solely responsible for our failure. Yes?"
 
"Uh... yes." he said. You are going to pay for this humiliation, you fanatic. He mentally grumbled.
 
"For this... inconvenience... we will have to charge you extra." the man said as he carefully removed the knife from between Gendo’s glasses and eye. "We will be in touch." he said before walking out of the office.
 
As Gendo stood up, he growled at the two problems he had just acquired. Not only were Katsuragi and Akagi involved with superheroes, but now he had a potential enemy in the Trinity Brethren as well. Or at the very least he would have to pay more, least he get the knife in his eye the next time around.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(ISO Field HQ)
 
Steve Rogers walked into his bedroom and sat down on the bed, the hand towel he had was used to wipe the sweat from his brow.
 
Another exhausting training session with Spider Man, Wolverine and Black Panther had even the legendary super soldier winded.
 
Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to take them all on at the same time. Steve thought. "Boy I’m tired."
 
"I hope you’re not too tired, handsome." Janet Van Dyne said as she entered the bedroom.
 
Steve gasped as the petite, short brown-haired woman emerged from the adjacent bathroom with a bottle of wine in one hand, two crystal glasses in her other hand, her body dressed in a black silk negligee.
 
"Janet, what are you..." Steve asked as the woman walked over and sat down on the bed.
 
"Just catching up on lost time." Janet said as she handed one of the glasses to Steve.
 
"I know I promised to spend more time with you, but..."
 
"Steve!" she snapped, shoving the glass into his hand.
 
"I’m sorry." he sighed as he accepted the glass. "I’ve just been so busy trying to get us acclimated to this world that I’ve been neglecting us."
 
"Yes, you have." she said, pouring him a glass.
 
Steve and Janet had been dating for the last six months, ever since Henry Pym’s assault on Janet more than a year ago. Cap had been the one to stop Henry from further injuring the woman, and after he had been arrested and incarcerated, Steve and Janet had begun a slow relationship.
 
It was only within the last couple of months that the pair had actually gone to the kissing stage.
 
"You may be a super soldier, but even you need some time off." she said, taking a sip of her wine.
 
"So, you’ve been waiting to get me drunk this entire time?" he asked, finishing his glass.
 
"Who said I was going to wait?" she said, dropping her empty glass and tackling the blond man to the bed. "We have a lot of catching up to do." she smiled as she kissed his lips.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(ISO Field HQ, the next day)
 
"Did you sleep well, Shinji-kun?" Wanda asked once Shinji had fully woken up and found his face buried in the older woman’s cleavage.
 
"Yes, Aunt Wanda." Shinji said with a blush, not trying to stare at the older woman as she put her clothes back on. "Though I wasn’t expecting to wake up that way."
 
"I’m sure." she smiled. "I was just concerned when you started crying."
 
"I was... having a nightmare of the day my mother died." he said as Wanda sat down next to him and pulled her arm around his shoulders in an attempt to comfort him.
 
Right as Phoenix walked into the room.
 
"Breakfast is served, Shinji-kun." Phoenix said as she telekinetically brought in two trays of food. "I hope you and Wanda like French Toast." she said, indicating the Toast, a side of fruit, a glass of milk, and syrup for the toast.
 
"Oh. Thank you, Jean-chan." Shinji said as he accepted the levitating tray.
 
Wanda and Shinji ate Jean’s breakfast with their thanks as Jean started straightening things up before they all stepped out of the bedroom.
 
However, once they did, they were shocked to find the living room in shambles.
 
On the couch, a half-naked Misato was face-down in the cushions while a bare-chested, pants-wearing Logan was on the ground, surrounded by a couple dozen empty beer cans.
 
In the corner of the room, a bra and panty-clad Jennifer was wrapped in a blanket and using PenPen as a teddy bear.
 
Sitting at the table across the way sat Tony, Piotr, Greer, Hank, Carol and Luke were passed out at the table in various stages of dress. From the cards on the table, and the various pieces of clothing on the floor, it was obvious that they were playing strip-poker.
 
Shinji, Wanda and Jean just stared at their friends with amusement.
 
"Ladies and gentlemen, the Mighty Avengers." Shinji said with a small laugh.
 
Peter and Mary Jane emerged from their room, as Ororo and T’Challa emerged from theirs. It was to the amusement, and mild blushing, of everyone that the two married couples were both wrapped in their bed sheets.
 
"Looks like everyone’s here." Wanda said.
 
"Where are Steve and Janet?" Jean asked.
 
It was then that the pair emerged from Steve’s room. The blond super-soldier wearing his blue boxer shorts, the petite brunette behind him wearing Steve’s shirt which looked like a small dress on her.
 
Wanda smiled widely as the ‘worn-out’ expressions on both of them told the awake trio everything they needed to know.
 
"Wow. Must have been some party." Jean said.
 
"And as usual," a new voice said as the Black Widow entered the room with a rather upset-looking thunder god on her heels. "I was stuck on monitor duty while Thor was out patrolling the city. EVERYONE WAKE UP NOW!!!" Natasha shouted, causing the entire group to jump.
 
"Oh, damn woman! Not so loud!" Luke Cage, wearing only his pants, said he tried to stand up.
 
"You people drink yourselves silly and can’t handle the consequences. Typical." the Russian woman huffed as she stormed out of the room.
 
"And thoust didn’t invite me?" Thor asked with mock-upset.
 
"She makes it sound like we were all having a party." Peter said.
 
"Well... most of us were." She-Hulk said as she let go of the penguin and walked over to give Shinji a smothering hug. "Morning, sweetie."
 
"Jen!" Wanda snapped as Shinji struggled to breath between her jade assets.
 
"What?" the gammazon asked in confusion.
 
(YAWN) "Oh, mornin everyone." Carol said as she staggered over to Shinji wearing only her bra and panties. "Mornin’ hon." she said, giving the boy a quick peck on the cheek.
 
"Carol!" Wanda snapped again.
 
"What?" the half-dazed blond asked.
 
"Ohhhhhh, would you keep it down?" Misato groaned as Logan suddenly jerked his legs, kicking dozens of beer cans loose and causing a lot of noise to reverberate around the room.
 
It was a noise that irritated the rest of the group into consciousness.
 
"Alright, alright. I’m up, I’m up!" Greer said as she stood up from the table, suddenly freaking out when she realized she was only wearing a pair of blue panties. "AH! WHERE THE HELL IS MY BRA??!!!" she shouted, covering herself.
 
"You mean this?" Tony asked, wearing only a t-shirt, boxers and socks, as he lifted a matching blue satin bra from his side of the table.
 
"Give me that!" she shouted, glaring daggers at the man.
 
"Well... it’s nice to know you guys are still human." Shinji said, once She-Hulk stopped hugging him. "Though, with what we’ve all gone through in the last month..."
 
"Right!" Steve said. "One night of relaxation could have been disastrous to us. Especially in this world."
 
"The Man’s Right. Break’s Over!" Carol said, finally shaking the daze out of her eyes. "Morning Workout Starts In Ten Minutes People!"
 
The group groaned a little, but moved their bodies nonetheless.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
Steve and Shinji flipped off the bars, flinging themselves in the air and landed feet-first onto the mat. A round of applause followed causing the pair to look over at Janet, Wanda and Phoenix who were watching them.
 
"Guess we’ve got an audience." Shinji said, dressed in black sweat pants and black tank top.
 
"I think it’s more for you, Shinji." the blond man smiled, himself dressed in a white tank top and blue sweat pants.
 
"Again! Faster!" Carol Danvers shouted.
 
The pair looked over and saw the rest of their slightly inebriated allies being put through a series of morning calisthenics by the blond-haired former soldier.
 
"Should we be worried?" Shinji asked.
 
"Only if we were apart of that group." Steve said.
 
"Break time, boys!" Janet said as she brought out a couple of water bottles.
 
"Thanks, Janet." Steve said, accepting the water.
 
"Speaking of break, how is Dr Akagi doing with the one we gave her?" Shinji asked.
 
"Chief Anderson is still interrogating her." Janet said. "Apparently there’s a lot of details that needs to be filled in on Gendo’s plans. What with her being his pillow-mate and all."
 
"And being NERV’s chief scientist had nothing to do with it?" Phoenix asked.
 
"It has a lot to do with it." Shinji said. "Especially if Gendo needed her to complete his plans."
 
The group fell quiet at that, until Steve spoke up.
 
"Which means... he’ll either step up plans to search for her..." Steve started to say.
 
"Or he’ll accelerate his plans." Janet finished his thought.
 
"Or worse..." Shinji started to say. "Do something drastic."
 
"Like... attack us the next time we poke our heads out of our base?" Wanda asked.
 
"Wouldn’t put it past him." Shinji said.
 
"Well, we already know about the mercs he hired. Even so... who else would he use?" Janet asked.
 
"Right off the top of my head, probably the JSSDF." the young man said.
 
"The Japanese Strategic Self-Defense Force?" Black Panther asked as he and Storm entered the gym.
 
"How would he pull that off?" Wanda asked.
 
"Blackmail. Bribery. Strong-arming." Shinji suggested.
 
"If he’s got the muscle to intimidate an whole army." Janet said.
 
"Well... he might." Shinji said.
 
"The Evangelions." T’Challa stated.
 
"Exactly."
 
"But he’s only got two, and only one pilot." Janet said.
 
"It would be enough. Unless he’s gotten ahead with the Dummy Plug system he was developing." Panther pondered.
 
"He could have also had the Second Child flown over." Ororo suggested.
 
"Not without her own Eva." Janet said. "The file we have on her suggests that she won’t pilot any other Eva but her own."
 
"Then there’s only one other way." Shinji said. "The N2 Mines."
 
"He wouldn’t!" Ororo gasped.
 
"Yes, he would." Steve, T’Challa and Janet exclaimed in unison.
 
"Then, ladies and gentlemen, we’re gonna need a contingency." Shinji said, the group nodding.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(ISO Field HQ, the next day)
 
"How’s the new mecha coming, Tony?" Steve asked as he entered the hanger where Tony, T’Challa, Hank, Piotr, Thor, Luke Cage and Jen building a huge metallic creature.
 
"About 80% complete." Tony said as he checked the computer readouts. "How’s the new Mansion coming along?"
 
"We’ll be able to move in tomorrow." Steve said. "The work crews did their job expertly. Peter’s doing a final systems check of the computer and shield systems. But everything’s up and running."
 
"I’m sure Storm will be thrilled." Tony said.
 
"She’s already up there." Steve said. "Shinji, Wanda, Jen, Mary Jane, Logan, Carol, Jean and Greer are helping her arrange the place for us."
 
"Of course You know, I’m surprised that Gendo and the Brethren haven’t made any move against us." Tony said to the blond super soldier. "Like attacking the mansion and all."
 
"He couldn’t. That would mean an act of terrorism, especially since ISO owns the property and the Prime Minister approved of it." Steve said.
 
"I doubt that would stop him. Unless, his resources are occupied elsewhere. Still, we haven’t heard anything from either of them. Which means..." Tony stated to say.
 
"Gendo will use someone else. Probably the JSSDF." Steve said.
 
"Maybe. Have we heard anything from Chief Anderson about Dr Akagi?" Tony asked.
 
"Well, she’s filled the ISO in on a lot of Gendo’s plans, which is something we’re going to have to deal with later on. But as soon as that’s over, she’d going to be sent back to help us." Steve said.
 
"She can’t stay in her old apartment." Tony mused. "So, where else is there?"
 
"It’s either the mansion, or the underground base." Steve stated.
 
"Base would probably be better."
 
"True. Still.... it would be nice to know what Gendo’s planning."
 
"We have a wire-tap on his computer system, so we should know of anything that’s going to happen there." Tony said. "But aside from a military group... would Gendo use anything else?"
 
"Actually, that’s what I wanted to talk to you about." Steve said.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(Two Weeks Later)
 
Deep within his office in the Geofront, Gendo Ikari was furious.
 
SEELE was hounding him to complete the HIP, the UN was upset at his lack of progress in dealing with the Angels, the Trinity Brethren had yet to locate Katsuragi, Akagi or his estranged son, not to mention having threatened his life, the ISO had completed the construction of their new research facility and mansion that was apparently filled with unusual individuals whom he didn’t know anything about, and to make things worse: the 5th Angel was on the verge of making its appearance.
 
It seems I will have to resort to outside efforts to help me. Gendo thought, as he punched in the codes into his computer to send the necessary messages.
 
Suddenly, the alarm went off.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(Avengers Mansion)
 
The Avengers raced into the War Room as Steve brought up the images on the main screen.
 
"Is that an Angel?" Tony asked.
 
"It looks like a... a flying diamond!" Janet gasped.
 
"No telling what it’s capable of." Steve said.
 
"It looks like it’s settling... directly over NERV headquarters!" Natasha said.
 
"It’s obvious why it’s here. Alright, people. AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!!" Steve shouted.
 
Within less than a minute, the team was fully dressed and loaded up into their respective vehicles.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(NERV)
 
"It seems as if those robotic vehicles and those costumed cretins are working together." Gendo said as he viewed the monitors of the giant mechas attacking the Angel.
 
"So it would seem." Fuyutsuki said. "What do you plan to do, Ikari?"
 
"Contact General Asakara to order the JSSDF to attack. And prepared N2-1 and N2-2 for launch." Gendo said.
 
Fuyutsuki stared in horror at what his former pupil was suggesting. He’s going to launch the N2's while the JSSDF is fighting those heroes? He thought. Of course. While they’re distracted, they can’t run. It’s just what Gendo wants.
 
While part of the older man warred with his conscious over sending men to an unnecessary death, his common sense told him that Ikari would have someone else do it if he didn’t, and the consequences for defying him would be costly.
 
With great reluctance, Fuyutsuki sent out the messages.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
(Tokyo-3)
 
Silver Wing, Night Claw and Phoenix II were dodging laser fire from the 5th Angel, which did its best to fire and defend itself, even as the trio of vehicles attacked again and again.
 
(/ Where is the core in that thing? /) Misato asked while it leapt behind another building to dodge the Angels energy blasts.
 
(/ I don’t know Midnight, ) Falcon replied from Silver Wing as he fired missiles at it the diamond-like Angel. ( I’m trying to locate it now. /)
 
(/ What did you call me? /) Misato asked.
 
(/ Midnight! We can’t just up and call you by your name now can we? /) Falcon smirked.
 
(/ I like it. ) She said, only to be suddenly fired upon by a squad of Apache helicopters. ( What the... Phoenix II? Little help? I’m under attack! /)
 
(/ On the way! /) Cap said as he turned the Phoenix II towards the Apache’s.
 
(/ Silver Wing, on the way! /) Falcon shouted.
 
The skies were quickly filled with lasers and missiles as a fierce dog fight ensued.
 
"Cap! We’re outnumbered! We need to get out there!" Ms Marvel shouted.
 
"Alright, but be careful!" Cap shouted.
 
Ms Marvel, Phoenix, Storm, Thor and Iron Man leapt out of the Phoenix to take on the Apache squadron.
 
Ms Marvel grabbed one of the Apache’s and hurled it into another one. Phoenix used her mental powers to force three of the choppers into landing. Storm’s weather powers blew three more copters into a building, once their pilots had ejected. Thor hurled his hammer into the choppers and knocked the rotor blades off of them, all the while commenting on his battle against flying snakes creatures. And Iron Man’s repulsor rays knocked down several other choppers that tried to gun down his teammates.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
"HEY, WHAT THE HELL?" Midnight shouted as a squad of tanks entered the city and opened fire on her.
 
(/ Midnight, what’s wrong? /) Falcon shouted.
 
"I’m getting hammered by a bunch of tanks! The JSSDF is out in force today!" Midnight shouted as the shells impacted with her mechas armor plating.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
"Power Man! Spider Man! Spider Woman! Colossus! Wolverine! Help Night Claw!" Cap shouted from the cockpit.
 
"RIGHT!" the quintet shouted as the jet flew low through the city and dropped off the heroes right over the tanks.
 
Spider Man and Spider Woman threw out their grappling claws to catch the nearby buildings, using them to swing away from the ground, flip through the air and land on the tanks that were firing at the large robotic panther. They quickly popped the tops open and tossed a couple of smoke bombs into the tanks cockpits.
 
Power Man and Colossus slammed into two of the tanks, their steel-hard skins causing massive damage to the rolling juggernauts, but saving their lives in the process.
 
Wolverine flew towards another tank and grabbed onto the large gun turret, swung around and around several times, before letting the momentum flip him back into the air. He twisted around and landed on the top of the tank, extending his claws and slicing the top of the tank off before jumping inside to take out the drivers.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
While the Avengers and X-Men were battling the JSSDF forces, Misato noticed something else was going on when her console started blinking like crazy.
 
"What the heck?" she gasped as her on-board danger warning system detected the unique energy signature of N2 Mines. Oh No! she gasped as her Night Claw batted another tank away. "THIS IS MIDNIGHT! WE’VE GOT N2 MINES IN THE BATTLE ZONE! REPEAT: N2 MINES IN THE BATTLE ZONE!!" she shouted
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
"We’ve Got What?!!" Falcon gasped as the Silver Wing turned into a dive towards the city.
 
(/ CAP CALLING AVENGERS! ) Cap shouted over the radio. ( N2 MINES ACTIVE! PROTECT ANY AND ALL PARTIES AT ALL COSTS! /)
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
The JSSDF’s order had been simple: destroy the giant robotic animals and the costumed individuals.
 
The battle hadn’t been going like they had wanted, however, with the costumed individuals proving to have incredible powers and the animal mechas proving to be superior on land and in the air.
 
However, when the order came down that the N2 Mines had been launched, they instantly realized two things.
 
1-Since the Mines didn’t come from them, they could only have come from NERV. And 2-They had been set up to be killed. In short, they had been betrayed.
 
The N2 Mines exploded over the areas where the panther mecha was. The JSSDF had seen the large white falcon mecha swoop down next to the panther and spread it’s wings over them.
 
Before they knew it, both mecha’s emanated a strange energy field around them right as the blast went off.
 
The flash blinded them all as the intense energy bathed the group in an almost scorching heat. They all expected to die right there, but found that this was apparently not their time.
 
"We’re.... we’re alive?" the young lieutenant gasped as he covered his eyes from the intense light.
 
"But... how?" the tank sergeant asked.
 
"I think... we have the people we attacked to thank for that." the commander said.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
"Falcon to Midnight! Artificial AT-Energy Field is holding." Falcon said from the cockpit of the Silver Wing.
 
(/ Yeah.... guess.... Iron Man and.... Panther.... got those.... modifications.... right.... /) Midnight said through her communicator.
 
"Midnight? Are you alright?" Falcon asked.
 
(/ I... don’t.... feel good.... oohhh... /)
 
Quick as lightning the young science ninja leapt into action, jumped from his cockpit and leapt to the panthers cockpit. Entering the mecha’s cockpit he noticed the young woman slumped over her control, as if unconscious.
 
"Midnight? Midnight!!!" he shouted, shaking her, but receiving no answer.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
"Falcon! What’s wrong?" Cap shouted from the Phoenix II.
 
(/ Midnight’s been hurt! Looks like some kind of radiation poisoning! Returning to base ASAP! /) Falcon shouted as he suddenly took off with a shapely woman with him in the cockpit of the Silver Wing.
 
(/ This is Black Panther. I’m bringing Night Claw back to base using remote control. We’ll have med-units waiting for you! /) Black Panther said over the com.
 
"What about the Angel?" Captain America shouted, noticing the diamond-shaped Angel had survived the N2 Mine bombardment and was now drilling into the center of the city directly over NERV HQ.
 
(/ Captain! We’ve made a special upgrade to the Phoenix II! It will utilize 70% of your power, but it will work. /) Hank McCoy said over the communicator.
 
"What are you talking about Beast?" Cap shouted as he flew the Phoenix II around the Angel.
 
(/ Enter this sequence into your computer. It will cause the entire ship to literally shoot through the Angel, destroying it. /) Beast explained as he sent the attack sequence to Cap.
 
"Alright, Beast. Enter Sequence Now!" Cap shouted as he punched in the sequence as Beast had sent it to him.
 
(/ PHOENIX FLARE INITIATED /) the computer shouted.
 
"Phoenix what?" Cap shouted as the entire ship suddenly started to glow and turned towards the diamond-shaped Angel.
 
A sudden burst of speed approaching Mach 10 propelled the Phoenix II towards the Angel, quickly penetrating it’s AT-Field and then itself, exploding out the other side and quickly losing it’s super intense glow.
 
"Whoa! What was that?" Captain America gasped as his pulse started returning to normal.
 
(/ It was the Phoenix Flare! ) Beast said over the communications line. ( It’s a special modification that we invented based upon Silver Wing’s weapons systems. It surrounds the entire ship with an energy field that is strong enough to deflect any attack, while moving the ship fast enough to penetrate any surface using the same energy field. /)
 
"Impressive. When did you get a chance to test this?" Cap asked as he piloted the ship back to base.
 
(/ Actually..... we didn’t. You just did. /) Beast said with a grin.
 
Cap looked at his blue-furred ally and frowned. "You and I.... are going to have a long talk about this when I get back, Hank!"
 
(/ I had a feeling. /) Beast said, disconnecting the line.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
"There has to be something we can do for her!" Falcon said as he switched off his watch and was once again Shinji Ikari.
 
"The radiation poisoning is extensive. Worse than third degree burns." Beast said as he examined the purple-haired woman, who was hooked up to a special health monitor.
 
"How did this happen?" She-Hulk asked.
 
"Night Claw’s armor and energy field should have protected her as well as the JSSDF troops." Janet said.
 
"Unless it was damaged by those tank shells." Shinji grumbled.
 
"I’m afraid the radiation poisoning is extensive." Beast said. "I.... I’m afraid she only has an hour or so before...."
 
"There’s nothing you can do?"
 
"He can’t. I can." Wanda said as she entered the medical wing.
 
"Aunt Wanda?" Shinji gasped.
 
"Please stand aside." the Scarlet Witch said as she raised her hands over her head. "Hex Force Change This Woman’s Fate!" she said as her hands glowed and blasted the purple haired woman.
 
However, within a matter of seconds, the group noticed a significant change in both the purple-haired woman, her costume, and her health. Based on the readings from the monitor.
 
Scarlet Witch ceased her Hex Force powers and stepped away from Misato. Everyone, except Shinji, gasped when she sat up and smiled at the group.
 
Misato was healthy again, except that now her skin-tight red and black body suit had been transformed into a blue one-piece swimsuit complete with blue stocking/boots that came up above her knees, two blue bands around her thighs, blue sleeves that started from her wrists and ended just past her elbow, a single blue hand around her biceps. But what most noticeable about her now, was the strange sword-like tattoo that went over her left eye.
 
"Uh... Misato?" Shinji asked.
 
"That’s my name, cutie, but you can call me... Psylocke." she smiled as she jumped off the table and lunged at Shinji, wrapping her arms around Shinji’s neck and planting a big wet kiss on his lips.
 
OH BOY!!! everyone, including Shinji, gasped.
 
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
 
OMAKE 1
 
"I’m afraid the radiation poisoning is extensive." Beast said. "I.... I’m afraid she only has an hour or so before...."
 
"There’s nothing you can do?"
 
"He can’t. I can." Wanda said as she entered the medical wing.
 
"Aunt Wanda?" Shinji gasped.
 
"Please stand aside." the Scarlet Witch said as she raised her hands over her head. "Hex Force Change This Woman’s Fate!" she said as her hands glowed and blasted the purple haired woman.
 
However, within a matter of seconds, the group noticed a significant change in both the purple-haired woman, her costume, and her health. Based on the readings from the monitor.
 
Her ears became pointed, her chin developed several rough bumps, and her skin turned green.
 
The Avengers just stared at her in shock.
 
"Did she just..." She-Hulk started to say.
 
"Change into a Skrull? Yeah she did." Janet said.
 
"Is that good or bad?" Shinji asked.
 
"They’re a shape shifting alien race who tried to conquer our world several times." She-Hulk said.
 
"I’m a shape shifter?" Misato asked as she sat up.
 
"Probably." Scarlet Witch said.
 
Misato grinned as she concentrated and suddenly transformed her body back into that of Misato Katsuragi.

"This is cool!" she said. "Hey, check this out!" she said as her chest suddenly became larger. "Wow! I’ve got an E-cup now!" she laughed. "I’m gonna like this." she said, jumping up and down.
 
"Oh boy. I already regret doing this to her." Scarlet Witch said.
Sign up to rate and review this story