Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > My Heart Will Always Be The B-Side To My Tongue

Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year

by ScarsNStories 2 reviews

Four guys in a band living in one house. What could be funnier than that? Throw in two girls, a handful of humor, a pinch of romance, and one tablespoon of drama and you've got something interestin...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] [X] - Published: 2006-07-08 - Updated: 2006-07-08 - 2219 words - Complete

0Unrated
Wow, guys. Thanks for all of your awesome feedback! I know, I'm putting this chapter up quick, but I really love how much you guys love this story, so here you go. Please please please review. It only takes a second, and I don't care if you say two words, just review, it's mean so much to me. Apparently my story has had 158 hits and I have sixteen reviews, and one of them is myself. So I know there's lots of people who aren't reviewing. Anyway, onto the story. Let the drama begin!




My Heart Will Always Be the B-Side to My Tongue
Chapter Five: Sophomore Slump Or Comeback Of The Year


Cause I'll keep singing this lie if you'll keep believing it
I'll keep singing this lie
I'll keep singing this lie


x----------------------------x

"Good job. You've made it way to obvious that you lied to us. You sit next to him, but you don't dare look at him. And I know he's been sleeping on the floor, I found him in there yesterday when I went around to get laundry. I thought you said you'd do this for me Tara!" Cait scolded her friend.

"I lied." Tara said simply, looking down at her toes.

"Thanks. Thanks a lot. I guess my friendship with you means a lot less than I thought it did." Cait said, shaking her head at her friend. Not that she actually meant it; she was just trying to get her friend's attention. In times of trouble, best friends needed to do whatever it took to get a friend out of trouble.

"You just don't get how hard it is..." Tara said.

"But I do know Tar! I live with you! I have to go through this just as much as you do, even if it doesn't seem that way." Cait said, then turned for the door to Tara's bedroom. "I've gotta go. I'll be around if you ever want your best friend back."

x----------------------------x

"I told you to just do this, for your own sake. And what do you do? You lie to me. I see the way you look at her, there's nothing in your eyes except anger when you do. Forget it Pete, I'm this close," Andy held his pointer finger and thumb about half an inch apart. "To giving up on you!"

"You just don't get it!" Pete said, defending himself.

"I've been in this situation before Pete. I've had plenty more girlfriends than you've had, and I think I have a better grasp at how women work."

"But you don't know this situation!"

"I know it just as well as you do, if not more. I live here too, Pete, and I've heard both sides of the story, directly or not, I've heard them. So I know what you're thinking, and I know what Tara's thinking."

"You have no idea what Tara is thinking! How do you know she didn't lie?"

"Because, girls don't lie to their best friends. It's in their un-spoken law. So if she told Cait something, and Cait told me, then I know it's what Tara was thinking."

"But how do you know Cait didn't lie?"

"Oh will you stop it?! Cait doesn't lie. Has she ever lied to you?"

"No..."

"She's never lied to me, or Joe, or Patrick either. So Cait obviously doesn't lie."

"Wait! She did lie to me once?" Pete exclaimed.

"Telling you that you look good when in fact you look like crap doesn't count Pete." Andy said, rolling his eyes.

"No, she lied to me about that surprise party-," Andy cut him off again.

"Surprise parties don't count either! They're supposed to be kept secret! Will you stop killing time and listen to me, god damnit!" Andy shouted, his hands balling into fists. "Just admit it, Pete. You're absolutely terrified of each other."

Pete just kind of sat there. His mouth opened and closed, but nothing came out. Finally he sighed and closed his mouth.

Someone called Andy from the other room and he turned and walked to the door. "You let me down Pete..." He said, then turned to leave, shutting the door quickly behind him,

x----------------------------x

Patrick, Cait, Joe, and Andy were all assembled in the living room, trying to think up a plan to get Pete and Tara back to normal.

"I say we put them in a room together, lock the windows and doors, and play romantic music or something. Try and get them to realize how much they love each other," Joe said, lying down across the couch.

"I say we just shove them in a room. Forget the music; they don't deserve it after they put us through this shit." Cait said, rolling her eyes.

Patrick laughed at her. "Calm down, Caitie. They need our help, not our anger." He said, hugging her from behind in an attempt to calm her down a bit.

She blushed. That was a new nickname. And if someone other than Patrick called her it, she'd punch them in the face.

"That is a good idea though, but how will we know when to let them out?" Andy asked.

"We'll just know. Whenever they stop screaming at each other, or when we hear moaning; whichever comes first." Pat said. Cait smiled, holding back her laughter for a second, but to no avail. She bent over laughing; Pat's arms the only thing supporting her at the moment.

"I'd rather not hear moaning coming from the library. I'll never be able to read another book in my life!" Joe said.

"You don't read in the first place Joe..." Andy said.

"Oh please, it's not even a library anyway. What it is, though, is a desk a computer and a few books, and the only room that locks from the outside. Why? That's beyond me. But it does and that's all that matters." Cait said, after she recomposed herself.

"Alright. I'll go get Pete. /Caitie/," Andy said, and Cait flipped him off. He smiled, "You can get Tara."

"Ass..." She said as she walked past, kicking his shin as she did. She found Tara sitting in the same place she left her, and dragged her downstairs to the kitchen. "You should eat something, when was the last time you ate?"

"I don't remember..." Tara said weakly. Her eyes were still red, and she had been crying since Cait left her.

Andy found Pete in almost the same spot he left him, though, instead of sitting on his bed, Pete had his face buried in a pillow. "Hey, come on. We want you to hang with us." Andy said, and Pete actually got up and followed him back to the living room, where Joe and Pat were watching, yes, the nature show from the other day.

"Look! We found Pat's lions again!" Joe said to Andy as he heard him come into the room with Pete.

"Pat's lions?" Pete asked. He wasn't there the day they discovered the lions, so he didn't know about the joke.

"Yeah," Andy started. "Pat was watching this the other day... Closer to the end the lions start getting it on." He finished, raising his eyebrows for emphasis.

"Pat was watching lions have sex?" Pete asked, as if he didn't believe it.

"In front of Cait even..." Joe added from his spot on the couch.

"That's gross as hell, man." Pete said, as the lions caught his eye. "Like I said though, nature shows suck ass."

"Unless it's a bunch of lions having a fuck-fest." Andy laughed.

"True," Pete laughed for the first time in a day or two, which was odd. Pete was usually the one making everyone else laugh...

Meanwhile in the kitchen, Cait was leading Tara into the 'library' to eat her food. Strangely enough, Tara didn't protest when Cait lead her into there and closed the door as she left. Tara didn't hear it click and lock either.

Cait entered the living room, and sat down on Pat. "You're watching this shit again?"

"Yep." Patrick responded, curling his arms around her.

"PeterPanda didn't see it last time." Joe said, returning the glare Pete was giving him with a raised middle finger.

Cait looked at Andy, and winked. Andy nodded back at her, then looked to Pete. "Can I talk to you for a second...? Go in the library, it's the closest place to here that's private." Pete nodded and turned towards the door behind him. Andy pretended to follow him, but when Pete opened the door and stepped in, Andy didn't follow. Instead he slammed the door shut and locked it, quicker than Pete could realize that he'd been tricked.

Pete banged on the door. "What the fuck, man!?"

"We did it for your own good!" Came Cait's voice through the door. "You'll come out when you're ready!"

"Oh, not you..." Pete turned around as he heard Tara's voice. His jaw dropped. She had been sitting at the desk, her face in her hands, crying. He could tell because her eyes were red, and her face was streaked with makeup.

"Did... I didn't... Tara... I..." Pete stuttered. He was, quite frankly, at a loss for words.

"Just don't talk to me. I know you don't want to anyway." Tara muttered, then put her face back in her hands.

"Who told you that?" Pete said, walking over to her and kneeling by the desk.

"You did, basically."

"When? I never said that!"

"You said you love me so much you can't stand me. That pretty much means, in my head at least, that it's over and done." Tara said, taking her face from her hands again and looking down at Pete.

"Tara, I didn't mean it. I just got aggravated at you for yelling at me for the stupidest things." He said, a sorry look in his eyes.

"I know, most of the things you said I probably deserved. But still..."

"You didn't deserve to have any of that said to you! I don't know why I said them Tara."

"Yes I did. I was such a bitch to you, and you were only ever nice. It's okay Pete, you don't have to lie to me any more."

"Tara! The only thing I've ever lied to you about was saying that I wanted you to leave. I still love you Tara, I don't know if you know that, but I do." Pete said, standing up and walking back over towards the door a few steps.

"You do?" Tara turned in her chair, facing Pete. "You really do?"

"Of course." He said with a shrug.

Tara stood up, walking slowly over to Pete as she spoke. "I'm sorry Pete... I, I-I love you too..." She said, looking up at him.

He smiled, pulling her into a hug. "Mmm, I missed you Tar..."

"I missed you too Pete..." Tara said, and then pulled away from his embrace. She smiled at him, and he smiled back. She leaned forward and pressed her lips into his, closing her eyes as he closed his.

x----------------------------x

The other three sent Joe to open the door when they didn't hear voices any longer. So he did, and he made no effort to be quiet.

"I swear, if I see anything that may scar me for life, it's your fault." He joked, pointing back at them.

But when he opened the door, he was disappointed. The only thing he saw was Pete sitting on the floor, with Tara in his lap, the two of them connected at the mouth. He rolled his eyes, and walked away, leaving the door completely open.

He sat back down on the couch. "Makin' up and makin' out." The other three laughed.

"Well... Something finally worked." Cait said, snuggling into Pat's arms.

"I can only wonder what it was..." Pat said.

"Who cares?" Andy asked, ending the discussion.

A smirk spread across Joe's face. "You guys gonna come up for air any time soon?!" He called into the library. Laughs from both of them were heard, and Pete poked his head out a moment later.

"You called?" He asked.

"Yeah," Cait said. "He was wondering if you were still alive, or if you had suffocated each other to death."

Pete just kind of looked confused. Then he blushed a little bit. "Ohh, heh heh. /Funny/."

"Would you like to join us, guys?" Andy asked. "Or are you not done making out yet?"

"Haha Andy," Tara called as she walked into the room. Cait managed to get Pat to let her go and she walked over to Tara.

"I wasn't serious when I said that before, Tar. I'd never wanna lose you as a friend." Cait said as she hugged Tara. Tara smiled and hugged her back.

"I'd never let that happen Cait. If you think you can shake me, you're crazy." Tara said, letting go of Cait. "Pete and I are both sorry for getting all mad at you for trying to help us..." Pete nodded.

"You're welcome," Pat and Joe said at the same time as Cait and Andy replied with a "No problem."

x-------------Cait's POV---------------x

And at this point, all seemed well. But this time, it was well, and little did we know, it would only get better and better.
Sign up to rate and review this story