Categories > Original > Horror

The Babysitter

by Horrorkid 2 reviews

A young babysitter is terrorised by a vicious serial killer.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-01 - Updated: 2012-07-01 - 973 words

0Unrated
She watched as his big blue eyes closed and he drifted calmly into sleep. "Good night," she whispered. She shut the door quietly as she walked out of his room and down stairs, almost tiptoeing, trying to be as quiet as possible. Then she walked into the livig room and perched herself on the sofa, her eyes searching the place. There was no object that seemed odd or misplaced. Everything went together perfectly. Jessica knew this room must have been decorated by Mrs Forrester as the room was equivalent to her personality; neat and tidy, a simplistic style, but classy at the same time.

She was so bored being all alone in this big house. Jake wasn't as much of a fuss tonight though, fortunately. Jessica's eyes wandered out the window and she gasped. Outside, across the street stood a tall eerie-looking man, staring through the window at her. She froze, her heart beating faster than a train. He had black, almost shoulder-length hair and thick stubble lined the lower half of his face. His hair looked about as greasy as the inside of a deep fat fryer, she thought in disgust. But his eyes, she could not think of any suitable way to describe his eyes. It was as if a fire was burning, raging behind them. Jessica could not think of any other way to describe them than that. Her hands shook as she walked over to the window and closed the curtains aggresively, her heart still racing.

Her finger frequently pressed the button on the remote, flicking through the TV channels. She sighed as she couldn't find anything interesting to watch, her arm placed comfortably on the arm-rest. Jessica stopped at the news. A lady dressed in a red suit was speaking: "...babysitter, along with the 3 year old child, was found murdered in the early hours of this morning. The tragic event took place at a house in Caulfield Terrace in Boulder, Colorado." Jessica's eyes widened and her body paralysed as she thought about the distance between Caulfield Terrace and Hill View, the street she was in right now. It was only a few miles away. She shuddered as an image of the creepy man she had seen earlier entered her mind.

She was awoken by Jake's screams. She heard him running down the stairs and jumped up to see what was wrong. He came into the living room; tears streaming down his face like a waterfall and wearing a look of absolute terror. "Jake, what's wrong?!" She asked, worried.
"THERE'S A MAN IN MY ROOM!" He screamed. Her heart sunk and the little hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. Creak, creak, creak. They heard footsteps coming from upstairs. They both screamed hysterically.

She grabbed his hand and ran to the front do. Jessica opened it and let him run out first. Her eyes darted to the top of the stairs and a scream escaped her throat. The man stood there with a knife in his hand. She bolted out the door but didn't get far when she felt the man's oily fingers grab herhair. He dragged herinto the house by hert hair, her fingernails scraping against the concrete steps as he did so. "Run next door and call the police!" jessica screamed as the man slammed the door shut.

He walked closer towards her and raised the knife. She kicked his arm fiercely, knocking the knife onto the stairs. She lunged towards it, like a dog attacking a rabbit. But he grabbed her before she could grasp it and turned heraround to face him. Then, as her body squirmed, he placed his hands around her neck and tightened them, stopping her from breathing. She panicked and her hand fumbled behind her, searching for the weapon. She found the handle and grasped it tightly. She brought it up, and with all her strength, stabbed him in the shoulder. SLICE. The blade made a slicing sound as she removed it from his flesh. He yelled in pain and released her, tumbling down the steps. She ran up the stairs as fast as she could, the weapon still in her hand.

When she got to the bathroom she locked the door behind her. Knowing that he would eventually knock down the door, she opened the window and climbed out onto the roof. Her heart beat rapidly with every move she made. "Help! Please, someone help me?!" She screamed at the top of her lungs. She moved to the edge of the roof, looking down. The conservatory stood below, its glass roof gleaming in the moonlight. She felt the vibrations of his body as he climbed onto the roof. She turned to face him, knowing this fight would not end well. He charged towards her, like a bull discovering red.

It all happened so fast. The only thing she could do was point the knife in front of her. The blade pushede through his skin as they both fell through the glass roof of the conservatory. He landed on her, the weapon pushing all the way through his body. His blood dripped onto her body and she was forced to watchas his eyes turned from enraged to vacant in the space of two seconds. His head dropped down next to her. Sharp pains covered her body, shards of glass puncturing her skin. She still felt dizzy when the ceiling fan collapsed onto her throat, weighing down on it like a ton of bricks. In that instant she knew she was about to die.

In her last moments, she did not struggle nor did she cry. She simply lay there and thought of Jake, feeling proud that she had saved his life from the monster that took hers. That was her job. She was his protector. She was... the babysitter.
Sign up to rate and review this story