Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Uzumaki Fiend

Chapter 2-How It All Started

by VFSNAKE 3 reviews

Flackback of how things went bad for Naruto.

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Crossover,Drama - Characters: Naruto - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-02 - Updated: 2012-07-02 - 10145 words

5Original
Chapter 2-How It All Started

Naruto panted heavily, as he dragged Sasuke behind him with what strength was left in his body while dealing with the wound to his chest caused by the Chidori, and the crick in his neck from the pile driver to the rock floor at the Valley of the End. Being a Jinchuriki was an advantage at certain points when it came to life threatening injuries like his and had to give the fox props for healing him. Even if Kyuubi hated it, Naruto had a feeling the Biju was pleased to have knocked the Uchiha down a notch from his pedestal the Leaf had put him on.

"Trust me Sasuke. Its better if you stay here in Konoha. That Orochimaru guy screams out bad news in every shape and form," said Naruto while dragging Sasuke behind him through Konoha's gate before dropping to his knees and gasping for air.

Almost immediately, Leaf Shinobi appeared before taking Sasuke away for immediate medical attention, but what bothered Naruto was no one came to help him when he was in far worse condition, and most of the blood on Sasuke...wasn't Uchiha blood. Shrugging it off for now, Naruto made his way to his apartment since doctors, and nurses at the hospital tend to ignore him no matter what his current state of health was when growing up. The blonde had learned long ago at a young age to patch himself up long enough to hold out for the fox to do his thing and heal his injuries.

Less then 15 minutes into being healed enough to walk with a minimum amount of pain, an ANBU was at the door, and Naruto could sense the man was one of those that hated his guts. It was the way he stood, the aura the ANBU gave off, and of course the twitch of the hand by his kunai holster being a dead giveaway.

"The Hokage wishes to speak with you brat," said the ANBU with a hint of anger in his voice.

"When?" asked Naruto with the ANBU growling slightly.

"Now!" answered the ANBU before leaving with Naruto grumbling.

"Jerk," said Naruto to himself before heading out to see the Hokage and hoped it was good news for once.

(Hokage Tower)

"YOU LITTLE SHIT! YOU WENT AGAINST MY ORDERS!" yelled Tsunade, as she threw a paperweight at him, and Naruto barely dodged.

"What the Hell are you talking about Granny? You authorized the use of force if Sasuke resisted. And guess what? He resisted!" answered Naruto with Tsunade now trying to smash him to pieces with her fists.

"And that gives you the right to use Kyuubi's power?! You were told by Jiraiya to hold back from using its charka in order for the Shinigami Seal to remain as strong as humanly possible!" exclaimed Tsunade before landing a blow to the boy's head and sent him flying into the wall.

"And let him kill me?! He was using that Curse Seal of his when I was holding back and then upped the power when I used Kyuubi's chakra to defend myself from his intention of killing me!" countered Naruto, but Tsunade was far gone in listening to him, as she just grabbed him, and struck him with her fists repeatedly.

"Until I summon you to face my judgment for your transgressions against the Uchiha, you will be under house arrest in your apartment. You will be under the watch of the ANBU and if you so much step out of that door just to investigate a noise...they will kill you," order Tsunade with Naruto smiling at her while blood left his mouth.

"So you're one of them huh? You hate me for holding the Kyuubi just like they do. I thought you would be different from them after all I've done for you. Saving your life from Kabuto, getting over your fear of blood, and winning that bet that inspired you to become the next Hokage. Instead...you're just another Uchiha loving Kyuubi hating hypocrite!" replied Naruto before spitting blood in her face with the shock of the move making Tsunade let go of him and the Uzumaki leaped out the window without saying another word.

"Jiraiya!" exclaimed Tsunade angrily with Jiraiya appearing via the same window Naruto left in moments ago.

"That didn't go very well," commented the Sannin while Tsunade wiped the blood off of his face.

"That brat dares spit his own blood at me?! He's lucky I don't order his death right now! No. That would be too merciful. After what he's done, I want him to suffer, and to suffer dearly for his transgressions," replied Tsunade while sitting down in her chair and saw the man awaiting orders.

"What do you have in mind?" asked Jiraiya with Tsunade narrowing her eyes in thought.

"Seal up his chakra. All of it! I want him to be powerless. After that...you will send him to the maximum security cells of our prison," commanded Tsunade with a knowing look in her eyes while Jiraiya nodded in understanding.

"They'll rip him apart," replied Jiraiya though it was clear Tsunade didn't care and to be honest neither did he for that matter.

"The boy deserves no less. He robbed me of Kushina the night of his birth and he robbed you of Minato on that same night. Sensei was forced back into office instead of retiring like he deserved after year of loyal service to the people. And now the Uchiha is back, but in the hospital, and having his wounds addressed by Shizune while I deal with him!" exclaimed Tsunade with Jiraiya nodding.

"When do you want me to do this and how long is he going to be locked away?" asked Jiraiya with Tsunade looking at him like she wished fire could shoot from her eyes.

"Tomorrow morning. Get him while he's asleep. As for how long...it will be for the rest of his days," answered Tsunade with Jiraiya nodding.

"Good. It gives me time to prepare the proper sealing arrangements to seal off Naruto's chakra and Kyuubi's too should he try to call upon it. Not to mention I have to remove him from the Toad Summoning Contract just in case he tries to call on them for help," said Jiraiya before he left via the window.

Unknown to either of them...a little "bird" was on the edge of the window chirping before it flew away and then...went "poof!" in midflight.

(With Naruto)

Naruto felt the memories of the Shadow Clone reach him and was glad he had it under the henge of a simple bird native to Konoha so it wouldn't be surprising to be seen. Any bird native to any village would always by some mere chance land on the windowsill of a Kage's office. Since neither Tsunade nor Jiraiya suspected the bird to be anything but a simple bird, Naruto could hear their entire conversation with his Shadow Clone, and get the memory of what was said in her office.

Sadly, what they were talking about brought about Naruto's worst fears, and realized that Jiraiya was in on this too. The Sannin had betrayed him just as Tsunade did and Naruto was sure this was only the beginning since the Councils were going to bitch too. He didn't know how the Clan Heads would feel, but none of them ever gave him a real fair shake of things, and Naruto wasn't going to hold his breath hoping for the best.

No. He was going to prepare for the worst.

"So that's their plan huh? Strip me of my chakra and the fox's before throwing my ass into a prison filled with depraved psychos until I'm dead or wish I was? Well fuck them! Fuck this village and its people! Konoha's civilians and Shinobi alike can kiss my ass!" exclaimed Naruto angrily with the fox in his gut growling in agreement.

"They are unworthy of your loyalty kit. You pushed yourself to bring back the Uchiha alive despite your opponent's lack of restraint on the matter. And this is the reward you get? From your Godparents no less!" replied Kyuubi with Naruto stiffening at hearing this news.

'Kyuubi? How are you speaking to me? Why? And what do you mean Godparents? Are you saying those two were suppose to take care of me?' thought Naruto while the fox made an image of itself appear in front of the boy.

But since Kyuubi was sealed inside of the Uzumaki, only Naruto could see, and hear him like this.

"Its not surprising you don't know. It was during the few days following your birth with many calling for your death once word got out of you being my new vessel. The perverted Toad Sannin came to visit you in your crib and trust me he did not look happy to see you. I could tell he was using all his willpower to not kill you at that moment simply because you were more then just my vessel. Not to mention he also knew that your death at the time would free me and I'd get to have my revenge on Konoha for sealing me away twice over! Anyway, I heard him talking about how he hoped your life would be miserable in Konoha, and denounced you as his Godson while Tsunade did the same. Its why she didn't stay in the village after hearing of your Mother's death. She denounced you as her Godson and her responsibilities to you as your Godmother while heading off to drink, gamble, or do both outside of the village," explained Kyuubi with Naruto starting to breathe heavier at a sinking feeling currently growing in the back of his mind.

'You mentioned my Mother. Who was she? Who was my dad? Tell me...please?!' thought Naruto while Kyuubi just looked at him for a moment while contemplating the idea of giving the boy an answer.

"Your Mother was my previous vessel and with much stronger seal. I only got out that night because she was giving birth you. The seals on female Jinchuriki weaken when they are pregnant. The stress damages the seal and your Father...your Father was there to ensure I didn't get out. Sadly for them...things didn't go as planned," replied Kyuubi with Naruto's hands becoming fists.

'What...happened?!' thought Naruto while seeing Kyuubi looking calm for once without the hatred or disgust the great Biju usually had from there rare few times in each others presence.

"A man, who proclaimed himself to be Uchiha Madara happened. Whether he is the real deal or not I don't know. But he broke through the barrier your Mother was under during the pregnancy, held you hostage with explosive tags all over your one minute old body, and got your Father away from her before returning to rip me out. He used his Sharingan Eyes to make me go berserk and attack the village. The rest as they say kit...is history!" explained Kyuubi with Naruto shaking now at this news.

'And my Father? You mentioned him and my Mother, but you never said their names. What were their names?!' thought Naruto with the fox now looking hesitant to say their names.

"Your Mother's name is...Uzumaki Kushina. She was born in Whirlpool, but came here before its destruction in the second Shinobi war, and was a strong kunoichi for her age. As for your Father? He...He was the Yondaime Hokage. The man who sealed me into you and the one every Shinobi loves in Konoha loves," answered Kyuubi with Naruto looking pissed off and almost foaming at the mouth with rage.

"They love my Father for sealing you into my body, but hate my guts at the same time?! Where is the fucking justice in that!" Naruto exclaimed out loud and not caring if the ANBU outside his room heard him talking.

"Sadly there is none kit. Not yet. We must get away from Konoha if we are going to have any kind of chance at survival. We must leave now!" exclaimed Kyuubi with Naruto nodding while knowing his body still wasn't at full health due to Sasuke's stupid Chidori and then Tsunade's fists smashing into him moments ago.

It was a miracle he could get to his apartment without collapsing.

'Took the words right out of my mouth fox! I don't suppose you could up the regeneration and healing ability your giving my body? If I'm going to have a snow balls chance in Hell of getting out of the village, I need to be at peak performance, and ready to do some crazy shit to get away,' thought Naruto with the fox grinning at him.

"Consider it done kit. You pack what you need and I'll heal you up faster so there is no excuse in the event things go south on us," answered Kyuubi with Naruto frowning at his words.

'I won't fail fox. That's not my nature when it comes to my survival,' thought Naruto with the fox grinning more.

"I know kit. You're a lot like me in that regard. When it comes to survival...a wounded or cornered fox is far more dangerous then the most dangerous jackal! Right now we are injured and cornered so if you do go down...take every single Shinobi down with you," said Kyuubi with Naruto smirking at the image of the fox only he could see before the image vanished.

'Will do fox. Will do,' thought Naruto before getting what he needed and decide to start off his little escape attempt off with a bang!

First, he looked at the team 7 photo taken after they were declared a Genin team before smashing the picture onto the ground, and rubbing his sandaled foot on it. Next, he took of his headband given to him by Iruka, who had at one point hated the Kyuubi Jinchuriki at one point, but stopped to actually look at Naruto to see Naruto. Now though...Naruto didn't know what to believe anymore. If Tsunade and Jiraiya were hating him all this time like Kakashi did...what were the odds Iruka still hated him too?

The odds were too high and not in Naruto's favor.

Shaking his head, Naruto crushed the headband knowing his action would symbolize not only the ending of his loyalty to Konoha, but an end to being the naive, and hopeful boy that believed the people would change. That they would stop seeing him as the Kyuubi and see him as a Leaf Shinobi named Uzumaki Naruto. No. Those days were over. Every moment he stayed in Konoha with these bigots was an insult to his honor, his life, and his continued existence in the world. Throwing the destroyed headband onto the ground, the Uzumaki took out an explosive tag he had well...ah screw it! He stole the damn thing from the weapon shop that refused to sell him anything and decided to take what they wouldn't sell. Once placed on the pillow on his bed, he set made sure some stuff was under the bed sheets with some hay used from his piece of crap mattress being used for blonde hair.

Jiraiya was going to come in the morning to take him away to get his chakra sealed off, but what the old fool was going to get was a rude awakening of his own, and it was going to be a well deserved one to that old bastard. The boy smirked at the thought of Jiraiya coming into his home, thinking this would be easy, and then "BANG!" barbequed Sannin.

With his trap set, Naruto decided it was time to get the Hell out of Konoha, and he had the perfect way to do it too. In the event of invaders that came into his home to break stuff decided to break him with their blunt or point weapons, Naruto had made a trapdoor under his bed for an instant escape before anyone could get to the bedroom, and made a direct tunnel out of Konoha.

The downside? It was a long ass tunnel and would take him the rest of the day and night to get outside of Konoha's walls without being detected by the Shinobi patrolling outside. Meaning he had maybe a half a day if not a tiny bit more by a few measly hours before Konoha dispatched every Hunter Nin and Konoha Shinobi in the village to hunt him down.

So what the fuck was he doing standing around here for?

(The Next Morning)

Jiraiya made his way into Naruto apartment. Not surprised the boy was the only tenant in the building since having the Kyuubi Jinchuriki living here kind of brings down its value. The Sannin made his way to the boy's room, which was on the top floor, and opened it without any locks barring him from entering. Not surprising since the sides around the door looked like it had been replaced multiple times from vandals kicking it down.

Not that Jiraiya cared if they did or not. It wouldn't matter since the boy was no longer going to be a resident here and the value would go up again. Something the Sannin would have to tell the landlord about once he was done taking care of Naruto.

'Time to remove the fox permanently from his den,' thought Jiraiya, as he saw the lump on the bed with the blonde hair looking a little untidy, but ignored that, and pulled the bed sheets off the boy viciously in the hopes it would disorient him before subduing the brat.

What he got was a bed full of crap, straw from the mattress being mistaken for blonde bed hair, and an explosive tag set on proximity sensor becoming active. Taking a step back in shock, Jiraiya's foot broke something underneath it to find the picture of team 7, and from the looks of things it had been stepped on. Next to it was the destroyed Konoha headband the Sannin knew the Chuunin Iruka gave to Naruto as proof of his graduation. It was then Jiraiya knew he only had moments to act before this place got blown up to high Hell and him with it if he didn't get out of there. Acting quickly, the Sannin leaped out of the nearby window seconds before the explosion tore through the entire building, and rolled with the landing before stopping inches from hitting the wall of the house next door.

It didn't take long for the Hokage and several of her ANBU to arrive at the scene with eyes that old Jiraiya that she wanted to know what happened. After the Sannin explained the situation, Tsunade ordered every available Hunter Nin, ANBU, Jounin, and Chuunin to look for Naruto before bringing him back. How badly beaten was to their discretion and the use of lethal force was authorized!

"Bring him back! I want him brought before me in chain with his body and spirit broken. I want him to look at me with eyes of defeat! GO!" commanded Tsunade with the Leaf Shinobi around her nodding before the scattered.

"He couldn't have gotten that far. I'll help in the search too," said Jiraiya before he took off to find Naruto while Tsunade seethed at the sight of the destroyed building in front of her.

The picture of team 7 was floating down at her feet while being partially lit aflame before the fire slowly devoured it into nothing.

If Tsunade didn't know any better...she would have thought that to be a bad omen for herself and the rest of Konoha. She probably would have thought it too if her eyes looked to her right and saw the destroyed headband looking obliterated in its current state with the fire burning the metal into a melted slab.

(With Naruto)

"Damn! I need to hurry. I don't even have as much time as I first thought I would at the beginning of this plan," said Naruto to himself before making hundreds upon hundreds of Shadow Clones and having them scatter all over the place to confuse his pursuers.

"Head North kit. Wave Country is filled with people who actually like you," suggested Kyuubi with the blonde nodding and quickening his pace.

Unfortunately, the vast number of his Shadow Clones were dropping rapidly, and all their memories of how they "died" began to flood his mind. Struggling to focus, the blonde soon found himself being pursued by a masked Konoha Shinobi though it was clear the man wasn't ANBU, but rather someone borrowing one of their masks, and didn't want his face to be seen.

There was also something very familiar about this man. Something he couldn't place just yet and wondered why?

"Looks like I found the real you," said the masked Leaf Shinobi while Naruto glared at him.

"What do you want? A prize?!" asked Naruto sarcastically knowing he needed to get out of here and kept on running despite the pursuit.

"Yeah! Your head!" answered the masked Shinobi with a katana drawn and moved to take something off of Naruto's body.

Naruto dodged the sword strikes, but just barely since he still wasn't in top shape despite the fox's chakra fixing up the damage, and the Kyuubi told him the Yondaime's seal was meant to hold a lot of his power back to prevent possible possession. So whatever Kyuubi could do to heal his body was all Naruto could get and had to deal with it until they had time to take a breather.

If they got that chance of course.

The chase must have lasted for well over 15 minutes before Naruto found himself at a large cliff side with no place go. Leaping down would be suicide and the Uzumaki had doubts even Kyuubi could heal him in the event of his fall down the jagged rock edge. Looking from the cliff to the masked Shinobi clearly trying to hide his identity from him, Naruto looked at the fake ANBU, and beckoned the man to attack.

If Uzumaki Naruto was going down, he was going to make sure this guy was among the first to die, and die painfully before the others arrived.

'Kyuubi, what are the chances we'd survive the fall below if we jumped, or something made us get thrown off the side of this cliff?' thought Naruto with Kyuubi thinking for a moment.

"Let me put it this way, if you decided to jump...make sure its the only course open to you. Oh and warn me before you do it," answered Kyuubi with Naruto nodding since the fox would need some time to gather chakra to flood the boy's body for healing it.

Unfortunately, that conversation with the fox cost him, as the masked Konoha Shinobi saw this moment to strike, and the Uzumaki took a quick step back to avoid the sword aiming to take his head off. Unfortunately, Naruto moved a second too late in terms of getting away unscathed, as the sword was coming at him from an angle he could fully dodge, and felt the blade of the sword slice into his flesh up through right eye. Normally, Naruto wouldn't have to worry about such an injury since Kyuubi could heal it in time, but the Shodaime's necklace given to him by Tsunade after winning their bet had been struck with the blade, and its tiny shards entering the wound around his eye. The jewel itself had the power to suppress a Biju's chakra in combination of someone with the power to suppress a Biju like the Shodaime himself. It also worked if a someone sent a high level of chakra into the jewel to awaken its properties and unfortunately for Naruto at the moment...he was unknowingly doing just that!

Clutching his face, feeling the blood flowing from his wound, Naruto glared at the Leaf Shinobi while reaching for a kunai with his free hand, and just in time to block another sword strike. The blonde could tell the man behind the mask was pleased to see he had injured the so called "Kyuubi brat" in such a way and no doubt figured the injury he had delivered would get him a big fat reward from the Hokage.

Snarling at the man, Naruto dodged and blocked several more attempts before closing his injured eye to use his bloody covered hand to grab the wrist of the weapon holding arm of the enemy before breaking it at the wrist. The man cried out briefly in pain with the sword falling to the ground and Naruto channeled Kyuubi's chakra into his kunai holding hand before stabbing the man in the gut while twisting the kunai hard while the Konoha Shinobi cried out in pain. Naruto took a bit of satisfaction in that, as the kunai was coated in Kyuubi's chakra so it would leave a permanent mark on the fool if he survived with no amount of medical prowess from Tsunade could fix.

"Hurts, doesn't it? Its not nice to have someone stabbing you in the gut huh? To have to look at your attacker while he does it and see his smile with eyes that gleam at you with a sense of victory. With a sense of pride in his work at hurting someone that didn't deserve to be hurt! The only difference between us in that situation is you deserved this along with the rest of the Leaf Shinobi in Konoha. People like you are the reason I wasn't able to have a happy life! You all spit on my name, the name of my parents, and their reason for sealing the fox into my gut. They wanted me to be seen as a hero of the village. All the while you and everyone else like you dishonored them everyday the village made me suffer for something that wasn't MY FAULT!" exclaimed Naruto angrily to his enemy before he heard a whistling sound of a projectile coming his way and leaped back to the edge of the cliff while his enemy moved in the opposite direction.

Both Shinobi looked at the ground to see an kunai with an explosive tag hissing loudly to with the explosion that was about to happen being imminent. Naruto looked up to where the object had come from and saw one Hatake Kakashi in the trees with his Sharingan Eye exposed.

"This is for Minato-sensei," said Kakashi with Naruto spitting on the ground in front of him at his proclamation.

"Fuck you hypocrite!" Naruto shot back before leaping off the cliff a mere second before the explosive tag went off and the Uzumaki fell downward towards his doom.

"You think he survived that?" asked the masked Shinobi before looking at Kakashi, who walked to the new cliff edge, and looked down below with his Sharingan Eye spinning.

"Hard to say. Kyuubi's chakra is there, but its faint like it gave out recently, and yet its masking everything like a blanket so I can't get a fix on the brat's chakra signature. Still, I doubt he's alive, but we'll make sure just to be safe, and go around to find a safe way to down there to search. You head back to Konoha to get your wound treated before it gets serious," replied Kakashi with the masking Konoha Shinobi shaking his head.

"No. I need to do this. This chapter in my life needs to be shut forever and I need the closure," answered the masked Konoha Shinobi with Kakashi looking at him for a few seconds before pulling his headband down to conserve chakra.

"All right. Its your life, but I expect you to get that wound treated when we get back, or head back if it becomes too much to handle," replied Kakashi with the masked Konoha Shinobi nodding.

"I can take it. My family would want me to endure this for them," replied the man behind the mask and the two headed back the way they came to find a path capable of getting them to go down below.

(With Naruto)

Naruto coughed up blood, his body wracked with pain, as he struggled to get away from the hillside he had fallen down, and smacked against several times. His body no doubt had many broken bones, mostly along his ribs, one of his legs, if not both of them, and one of his arms was completely shot in terms of movement. His face was slightly messed up and mangled though that part of him was starting heal with the exception of his eye. He was beaten up, bloody, and losing lots of the latter in the process with each painful step his broken body was taking.

"Don't you dare quit on me boy! Move it! I will not allow you and by extension ME to die here knowing that the three remaining Uchiha in this world OUT LIVED US!" exclaimed Kyuubi inside Naruto's head while using his chakra to combat the damn seal that held him back so it would work on the brat's body in healing him.

'What do you think I'm doing fur ball? Sitting on my ass?! My body is messed up. By all rights to all things in the Universe I should be dead!' thought Naruto furiously while the fox grinned at him.

"True. By all rights you should be dead. But you are not! Whether because you are too stubborn to die or by my power helping...I do not know. What I DO know, is that you now have a chance at surviving, and we're going to milk it for all its worth," replied Kyuubi with Naruto grinning slightly despite the pain he was feeling.

Wave Country here comes Uzumaki Naruto!

(Hokage Tower-Sometime Later)

"What do you mean you lost him? I wanted that brat brought back alive!" Tsunade said with anger and displeasure clear in her tone of voice.

"He was giving me trouble and Kakashi threw a kunai with an explosive tag on it at the edge of the cliff. The Kyuubi brat jumped off the cliff moments before the explosion and fell downward into the forest region below," explained the injured masked Shinobi before her being healed by the Hokage.

"The idea was for the dumb monster to leap away from the cliff, but not in the manner that he did it, and I was hoping to make him think twice about being on the cliff edge," explained Kakashi, but he flinched when Tsunade glared at him, and resumed her work on healing the Jounin's partner in this.

"Well the brat never was one to think the way we do or act like we hoped he would for that matter. The fact you didn't find a body means he is still alive. I'd have Jiraiya reverse summon him, but the stupid pervert already removed Naruto from the Toad Summoning Contract, and its now impossible to bring him back that way," explained Tsunade with Kakashi letting out a sigh.

"There was a blood trail, but it ended when we got to the beach where it leads right into the water. In the condition he was in, I doubt the brat swam so a boat is the only answer, and the Kyuubi Jinchuriki could have gone anywhere after getting out to sea," answered Kakashi seeing the Hokage was even angrier by that.

"Put him in the Bingo Book. Put a bounty on him with the order to be brought back to us alive! Whether it is in one piece is optional," commanded Tsunade with Kakashi nodding and leaving the room.

"He'll be found Hokage-sama. I promise you he will be found," said the masked Konoha Shinobi while Tsunade continued to heal his wound.

"I know he will. As for you, this wound the brat hit you with can be closed, but there will be a scar, and constantly give you grief," explained Tsunade with the man nodding.

"Everything about that Kyuubi brat has given me grief. Why should this scar he's given me be any different?" said the man before leaving the room once the Hokage finished.

"We have a problem," said Jiraiya after entering via the window.

"No shit. The brat got away and is out to sea," answered Tsunade with Jiraiya shaking his head.

"No. That's not it. The Suna siblings are demanding an answer to the growing rumor of Naruto being arrested for completing the mission to bring back the Uchiha," explained Jiraiya with the Hokage seething at him.

"Tell them to get the Hell out of Konoha! I don't care if it hampers our new alliance. I am not going to deal with them right now," answered Tsunade with Jiraiya nodding.

"If Naruto gets to one an area he helped and tells what we tried to do...," said Jiraiya with the implication of what could happen hanging in the air.

"He's badly injured, in a boat, at the mercy of the sea with no food, or fresh water to keep him alive. All the brat has is Kyuubi and even that monster won't sustain him forever. He may have luck, but not even Naruto's luck can save him now. That boy is going to die a slow agonizing death and I only regret not being there every step of the way to see him die!" answered Tsunade with Jiraiya looking at her with impassive eyes.

"The other places Naruto helped out will want answers too and the village isn't exactly keeping quiet about him running off," explained Jiraiya with Tsunade growling at this new annoyance.

"We'll lie for as long as possible and then lie some more when we apologize for the lie," replied Tsunade with Jiraiya nodding in agreement.

"Works for me," answered Jiraiya before left via the window again.

'Rot in Hell gaki. For this time when betting on your life...I win!' thought Tsunade with a victorious smirk on her face knowing she had finally won and this time...she did not fear any of the future "consequences" that would come her way like they normally did when winning a gamble.

What terrible thing could the world throw at her now?

In the Senju Clan home, every single picture frame holding the physical memories of Uzumaki Mito, Uzumaki Kushina, and any other picture with an Uzumaki in it that the home possessed...violently shattered!

(With Naruto-2 Days Later)

His boat hit beach. Not Fire Country shores, but that of foreign soil, and the Uzumaki knew from past experience that this soil belonged to those in Wave. The smell in the air was unmistakable to him, as he had it committed the watery scent of this country to his memories, and fell off the boat while thanking the fox for closing most of his wounds so the salt water wouldn't be too painful on the ones that were still there. Looking around, Naruto saw Lady Lucky was indeed throwing him a bone, and found himself parked out right by old man Tazuna's house. Struggling on his hands and knees, the blonde crawled to the doorstep of the family that he protected from the tyrant Gato, and even to an extent Momochi Zabuza whom the short in height fool hired to do the job for him.

Reaching the door, Naruto knocked on it with what strength he had left before collapsing on the ground, and barely heard the gasp of the woman who answered.

For as the woman called his name, Naruto fell into darkness, and barely saw the form of the boy who believed heroes still existed in the world.

(Sometime Later)

Naruto awoke to find himself in a comfortable bed. Much better then the piece of crap he had in his old now destroyed apartment. Sitting up on the bed, Naruto looked around to find himself in an undershirt, and boxers that were not his own. Ignoring that for now, the blonde slowly got out of bed, wincing at his still sore body, and made his way downstairs where the rest of the family was eating breakfast.

"Naruto!" exclaimed Tsunami, as she saw him walk down the steps, and quickly moved to help the boy to the closest chair for him to sit.

"Damn kid. You look worse then my hangovers put together," replied Tazuna with Inari looking at his surrogate big brother with worry.

"What happened? When we found you on our doorstep...you looked well....practically half dead!" exclaimed Inari with his Mother shooting him a scolding look.

"Inari! Don't say such things," replied Tsunami in a tone that told her son to watch what he said in front of their guest.

"Its all right Tsunami-san. Inari wasn't that far off. I was half dead. I was out at sea for two days with no food, water, and my body was already had in rough shape. Somebody high up must either love me or has a sick sense of humor," answered Naruto while he looked at the old man, then Inari, and finally Tsunami heading over to the kitchen area to get him some food.

"How did that happen?" asked Tazuna with Naruto looking uncomfortable in answering.

"Dad! Don't ask him if he's not ready for it. Oh, I almost forgot Naruto-kun, your clothes won't be ready for wearing until later. I need to wash and sew them up. Though to be honest a boy such as yourself should probably wear something more then just orange all the time," replied Tsunami with Tazuna smirking while he drank his coffee.

'That kid is no kid my dear. Not from what I saw in THAT department when I had to put the shirt and underwear on him. Seriously! Does the kid have a regal horse in his ancestry or something? No kid should be THAT endowed!' thought Tazuna while trying to prevent himself from imagining what his daughter would done if she had been the one to change the gaki.

He'd be preparing for becoming a Grandfather a second time and Inari would be getting ready for a little brother. THAT is what would be happening!

"That's all right. I don't want to wear them anymore. They are clothes from my old life in Konoha and I have a few other articles of clothing my size I can wear that aren't so...well fashionably bad to the human eye," answered Naruto while Tazuna had a chibi version of himself dancing around with booze in hand at hearing this wonderful news.

"Old life?" asked Inari with Naruto sighing.

"Yeah. You know my teammate Uchiha Sasuke right? The one with dark hair that's the shape like a duck's butt, he's brooding all the time, and cares for nothing except himself?" asked Naruto with Tazuna letting out a grunt.

"I remember him. Kid was full of himself," answered Tazuna with Naruto nodding.

"Well he decided to betray Konoha for power offered by another former Leaf Shinobi named Orochimaru of the Sannin. Real nasty guy who did horrible things to people, which was why he went rogue, and not someone you should leave Inari with. Anyway, I was on the team ordered to retrieve the jerk before he got over the border of Fire Country into Rice Country, and where Orochimaru would be waiting for him. We met with some resistance in the form of the Sannin's personal bodyguards and trust me when I say they were strong. We ran a gauntlet trying to catch up to Sasuke with it coming down to a one on one fight between me and him. The team was authorized to use force if it came down to it, but we were NOT allowed to kill him so I held back, and Sasuke...well...he didn't," answered Naruto with gasps from Tsunami and shocked looks on the other two members of her family.

"He actually tried to kill you?" asked Tazuna with Naruto nodding.

"He did more then try all right. Nearly succeeded. Used an assassination Jutsu on me that went into my heart. Another time he did a pile drive on me from on high off a cliff onto solid rock below in a ravine we were fighting over. Damn near broke my neck that time, but my...special ability I've had since I was a baby kept me alive, and was able to bring the jerk back," answered Naruto while deciding to keep the secret of Kyuubi from them in the event they feared the fox and him to an even greater extent.

"So why leave? You completed the mission so you a hero's welcome was in order, right?" asked Tazuna with Naruto looking at him right in the eyes that were filled pain.

"No. There was no welcome for me. The Shinobi waiting for our return took Sasuke, but left me there on my knees while my exhausted body screamed in pain from my injuries, and dragging the Uchiha back into Konoha by myself. I barely make it to my apartment and people are already on the streets looking for me with the intent to kill with one of the Hokage's Shinobi knocking on my door. He was holding back the urge to take a kunai and jam it into my skull while saying the Hokage wants to see me. I'm not in her office for more then five seconds and she's throwing projectiles at me with her insane strength. She blamed me for Sasuke's condition when I brought him back even though most of the blood on his clothes and skin are mine! She then gets a hold of me before using my body as a punching bag though something tells me an actual punching bag would have gotten more respect. I can see the hate, spite, and all out contempt she had for me while looking her right in the eyes. So I spit in her face, which allowed me to get free from her grip, and jumped out the window of the Hokage Tower to my apartment. I had a Shadow Clone disguise itself as a bird to spy on her while she talked to Jiraiya of the Sannin, who you might know as the author of those perverted orange books, and sensei to the Yondaime Hokage. They were going to have my chakra sealed off and then have me thrown into the maximum security level portion of the prison Konoha has for all Shinobi they catch that are sentenced their for life," explained Naruto with everyone now looking shocked by this.

"But such a place would be Hell on Earth for you! How long would they put you in there for?" asked Tazuna with Naruto smiling an empty sad smile.

"Forever until the day I die. Meaning I would either die in the prison at the hands of the inmates or at the hands of the guards themselves considering no one in Konoha gives a damn about me in the slightest. Dying of old age is a distant third option for me, but by that point I'd probably be wishing I died much sooner, and just be a broken shell of my former self," answered Naruto with Tazuna and the others looking appalled by his words.

"But why would they do that? What could be the Hokage's reason for it?" asked Tsunami with Naruto looking hesitant to answer.

"If I tell you...do you promise not to...hate me?" asked Naruto with the family looking at him in surprise and then each other.

"Of course! We can keep an open mind," answered Tazuna with Naruto nodding.

"The day I was born was the day the strongest of the Biju known as Kyuubi attacked the Leaf. It snarled, it roared, and it rampaged throughout the Lead while causing a lot of death in the process. The Yondaime Hokage knew the only way to stop the Biju from causing total destruction was to seal it into a recently born baby and by recent I mean less then an hour after the child was born. The Yondaime Hokage sealed the Kyuubi into that newly born child and saved the village from complete annihilation...at the cost of his very life," answered Naruto with the family with him so far in the story.

"So the man died a hero. What about the kid?" asked Tazuna with Naruto shaking his head no.

"He was hated. Badly hated. The child was considered to either be a monster for holding the Biju or was believed to be the Biju made human. So the people went out of their way to hurt the child at every possible turn. Beatings, stabbings, poisoning of food, and the food that wasn't poisoned was moldy. Ironically, the only reason the boy survived as long as he did was because of very burden in his body because the fox's chakra would heal his injuries within a matter of moments," answered Naruto with Tsunade gasping, Inari now looking angry, and Tazuna looked like he wanted to drown himself in sake.

"The kid holding the Kyuubi was you. IS you," said Tazuna at last with Tsunami and Inari looking at Naruto now with the blonde nodding.

"Yeah. You remember that night when Inari yelled at my team about not knowing what suffering truly was and I stormed out after getting in his face? Now you know why Inari. Your life was bad because of Gato, but the life of a Jinchuriki is considered far worse, and there are nine of us total. Ever heard of Sabaku no Gaara in the Shinobi village of Suna? His own Father, the Kazekage himself, hired assassins to kill him, and Gaara's own Uncle tried to do the same because they hated him so damn much. Gaara's Father thought of him faulty weapon while the Uncle lost his sister in the process of making him into a Jinchuriki. The Biju inside of Gaara protects him with what many consider to be the ultimate defense so no one ever hurt Gaara physically because of his sand protecting him from harm," explained Naruto with Inari looking ashamed of himself saying those words to his big brother back when he was still moping about.

"Damn kid. That's...wow!" replied Tazuna since that was all he could say.

"Yeah. I now I'm on run. It won't be long before they have Hunter Nin trying to find out where I am or declare me dead after that fall off the cliff. Either way, I'm screwed since I can't stay here, and risk your lives. I maybe declared dead in Konoha, but that will only satisfy the Hokage for so long until she sends Hunter Nin, or other Konoha Shinobi to the places I'm welcome. Your home being one of them and I doubt they'll be remotely civil if they sense I was here," replied Naruto with the family looking depressed since they didn't want him to leave.

"Wait! I think I know of a super awesome place where you can lay low and no one can find you!" exclaimed Tazuna with Inari smacking his forehead.

"Grandpa! Stop using those words or I'm going to help Mom make this a dry house," said Inari with Tazuna going pale in the face.

"Sorry! I'll be good! But seriously, I do know the perfect place. Have you ever heard of Whirlpool Country?" asked Tazuna with Naruto nodding since Kyuubi had told him about it during their two day boat trip.

"Yeah. It belonged to the Uzumaki Clan that I'm descended from on my Mother's side," answered Naruto with Tazuna's smile increasing.

"Wave Country was actually part of Whirlpool ages ago. The continent isn't that far off from us after all these years. I know a guy who can take you there to hold up until the heat dies down and I'm sure there are a few relics lying around there you can learn to use to get stronger. Just because the place is a mess doesn't mean those that made it that way were able to destroy everything about the Uzumaki Clan in general," replied Tazuna with Naruto nodding since he did wish to see his Mother's homeland.

"The sooner the better. No offense you guys, but the sooner I'm out of your hair the better for you, and for me with Konoha not on my trail. By the time they come here...any scent of me here will be considered old or nonexistent," replied Naruto with Tazuna nodding in understanding.

"I'll get in contact with the boatman later today. You just relax for now and spend time with my family," said Tazuna while giving the blonde a firm pat on the shoulder for positive reassurance.

Kami knows the boy needed it.

(Whirlpool-Several Days Later)

"So this is Whirlpool. Its so new yet...so familiar. Kyuubi...should I be feeling like this?" asked Naruto with the Kyuubi stirring in his cage.

"Perhaps. I don't know. You are an Uzumaki by blood. I can feel the souls around this place stirring," answered Kyuubi with Naruto nodding since he was hearing things too.

They betrayed us!

We demand justice!

Avenge us!

Punish them!

Hurt them like they hurt us!

Naruto could hear all the souls of his long lost kin, as his blood came alive in him, and he began to breathe heavily while hearing the different things they were saying. At first he didn't know what they were talking about, but as the blonde walked through the ruins of his old home, a "crunching!" sound was heard, and Naruto looked down to see he step on something metallic.

It was a ninja headband.

Not just any ninja headband...it was a Konoha ninja headband.

Naruto's eyes widened before picking it up, the cries of the Uzumaki Clan crying harder now in his ears, and was bombarded with images of the past. Konoha Shinobi were here the day Whirlpool fell and the Uzumaki Clan was nearly wiped out at least a handful of people. But the Konoha Shinobi weren't here that day to save Whirlpool Country or the Uzumaki Clan from certain destruction.

They were here to kill almost all of them.

How many did you kill?

Quite a few. You?

Same here. Where is Jiraiya-sama?

Securing the Uzumaki girl chosen to be the next vessel of Kyuubi. The other one is getting too old to hold the beast. To think the Shodaime Hokage married her and didn't even use the wench as a weapon against our enemies.

Well hopefully the Sandaime Hokage will not make the same mistake and train this new bitch to do what she's told in times of war.

Don't worry. If he doesn't, then Danzo-sama will, and our enemies will be wiped out.

Naruto didn't want to hear anymore of this from the long forgotten moment from the past and crushed the symbol of his treacherous village in his hand. The cries of his people, his true family ringing loudly, and it was clear to him that the only path before him was to get revenge on Konoha.

So you've come. My successor.

Naruto's rage left him for a moment, as he heard the voice, which was the loudest, and most commanding of them all. It drowned out all the other voices and began walking to the one that he could feel was guiding him to a massive mountain in the distance.

Come young one. Come to me my successor.

Struggling to follow, Naruto made his way through the harsh terrain of the forest in front of him, and killed vicious wild animals size of a full grown man. He got a few wounds on his body for his efforts and had yet to see where this voice was leading him. Was there even a spirit guiding him or had he finally lost his mind?

When Naruto finally got to the base of the mountain, he gasped at the sight of so many swords marking the graves of fallen warriors, and could hear them calling out to him. Cheering him for coming like he was a hero from some great war coming home after years of pain, suffering, and rumors of his demise from the conflict. He felt welcomed by these souls and Naruto in turn welcomed them for they were his long lost kin.

"Are you feeling and seeing this Kyuubi?" asked Naruto with the fox nodding that he was on both counts.

"Yes kit. But do not doddle here. Find the one that is calling to you. I sense something very powerful nearby. Something I have not felt since...before my creation," answered Kyuubi with Naruto frowning.

"What do you mean by 'before your creation' fox?" asked Naruto with Kyuubi suddenly going quiet.

Come closer my successor. You are almost there. I have been waiting for you for such a long time.

Focusing on the voice calling out to him instead of getting an answer to his question from Kyuubi, Naruto walked past row upon row of swords until he stopped in front of one that had a powerful aura around it, and beckoned the blonde to touch it. Not one to go against his own instincts, Naruto felt himself kneeling before this great weapon, and gently put a hand on the handle of the sword.

In that instant, all things around Naruto, and the sword were gone with a brilliant white light surrounding him.

Standing behind the weapon stood a tall well muscled man with an eye patch on his face, which he could see had seen battle from the scars there, and stood like a warrior. His arms crossed in front of him and he gazed down at Naruto with analytic eyes. He was wearing a mixture of Shinobi and samurai clothing meant to balance himself in terms of flexibility yet take a hit when dodging was not an option.

"Welcome home young Uzumaki. Though I'm surprised to see the one directly descended from my blood kneeling before me in such a condition," said the figure with Naruto not moving from his spot and just looked in awe at him.

"Direct descendant? I don't understand. Who are you?" asked Naruto with the figure's one eye narrowing at him.

"My name is Uzumaki Genshin. One of the three Son of the Sage of Six Paths. Wielder of the legendary Rinnegan and the infamous Sword of Juubi," answered Genshin with Naruto's one eye widening at the sight of his ancestor.

"The Juubi? Don't you mean Kyuubi?" asked Naruto with Genshin shaking his head no.

"Before the nine Biju came into existence, they were all one Biju named the Juubi, and was sealed inside the Sage of Six Paths to make him the very first Jinchuriki. After the sealing, he took the fang that broke off from his battle with Juubi to form this sword you are now touching, and can only wielded by someone directly descended from that man. Before his death he split the Juubi into nine different chakra based animals that would become the Biju. Each of them could be controlled by someone of the Sage's bloodline for each of his three sons inherited this power from him while he held the Juubi. I was the third son, but he never considered me to be one of his offspring for reasons he would never say, and proclaimed I would inherit nothing from him. After the Sage's death, the two sons he did acknowledge as his own offspring soon fought for the right to be his successor, and ignored me in the process. I didn't mind since I didn't care for such things and I never felt they were worthy of being called my brothers anyway. So I took the Sword of Juubi and left before they confronted me about taking what didn't belong to a 'bastard child' unworthy of such power. I told them they wanted the Sword of Juubi so badly, then they combat me for it, and see if they are in fact worthy of being called the Sons of the Sage of Six Paths. During the battle, I revealed the Rinnegan to both my illegitimate brothers, and easily beat them within an inch of their lives while having them both at my mercy. In the end, I spared them on a whim, and told both those bakas to leave me alone...or else! In the end, seeing as they had no choice in the matter while helpless, they agreed to do just that, and I never saw them again while I forged my own clan here in Whirlpool" explained Genshin seeing Naruto nod while absorbing this tale being told in front of him with the events the spirit described appearing around him.

"What happened to the two brothers? What became of them?" asked Naruto with Genshin scoffing.

"They continued to feud with each other while leaving me in the back of their minds to forget about until they were strong enough to oppose me. They never did and soon each brother forged their own clans that would one day come together to build the Leaf village in Fire Country. You may know them as the Senju and Uchiha Clans with the power to manipulate the Biju just like the Uzumaki Clan does," answered Genshin with Naruto now looking floored by this news.

"That's why they pampered him so much. They want Sasuke-teme to active his eyes and use me as their weapon with him pulling the strings while they pull the ones they have on him!" exclaimed Naruto angrily with Genshin raising an eyebrow at his descendant.

"Show me your memories boy. I can tell you have been through a great deal in your short life already with the Senju and the Uchiha being at the heart of it all," said Genshin with Naruto nodding and felt the Uzumaki Sprit enter his mind to see his memories.

In the end, Genshin had a face of pure fury, and the aura around the sword grew to match the spirit's anger. Looking down at Naruto, the Uzumaki Spirit could see the boy's one eye had been damaged in a fight and a very recent one too.

"If you're looking at my eye, the reason Kyuubi hasn't healed it is because of pieces from the Shodaime's got stuck in their, and the overall energy generated by my chakra made the jewel's power kick in. The fox can't heal it so I'm stuck with only one good eye," said Naruto since he saw Genshin looking at his damaged eye.

"I know. I saw the memory of that moment. Still, one does not need their eyes to be a great Shinobi, and through me you will become even greater then myself. You will train here under my guidance, my tutelage, and make Konoha regret their decision to ever lay a hand on you," replied Genshin with Naruto bowing his head humbly before him.

"I humbly accept this great offer Genshin-sensei. Teach me all that you know and I will become a Shinobi worthy of being called your successor. The Uchiha, the Senju, Jiraiya of the Sannin, and every single one of my enemies that rise up in the process will fall at my hands. I will show them no mercy. I will make them beg for death like they tried to make me do so many times in my life growing up," proclaimed Naruto with Genshin now smiling at him.

"Take the Sword of Juubi out of the ground my student. I will now guide you from within your very body," replied Genshin with Naruto obeying his command and lifted the sword out of the ground with the sides of the blade glowing with life.

Grinning for the first time in a long time at something finally going his way, Naruto had sheathed the weapon gently into the thick scabbard before walking away from the sacred grave site with the spirits of his kin cheering him on further. He was their champion. The one capable of getting justice the Uzumaki Clan had been deprived of for decades if not more when you count the fact Genshin himself was scorned by his Father the Sage of Six Paths while being called illegitimate.

It was time the Uzumaki Clan got the justice it rightfully deserved and was denied for so long.

(A/N: YAY! Another update. Hope you like this chapter even though it was all flashback on why things went south for Naruto. What do you think about how he lost his eye and why Kyuubi couldn't heal it. Pretty smart huh? Check out Patriot-112's fic Dragon Fox Ninja on FF.net. Its awesome! Until next time...PEACE!!!)
Sign up to rate and review this story