Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Here's One From The Heart

Lesson Of Love

by BleedingValentine 12 reviews

"We’re going to be comparing how they use love as a main focus for their story lines."

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-07-06 - Updated: 2012-07-26 - 2212 words - Complete

5Exciting
Ahehehehehehe. Next chapter is A-go. Agogogogogogogogogogo. Ahem. Anyway, it's Friday! Yay! I finish school next week (finally), so I'll be able to write a lot more from the 14th of July :) I hope you guys like this chapter. I think I really did like it. What? Seriously, I've spent the whole week in school, it's late and I ran out of coffee, my brain isn't functioning properly.

I'll shut up and let you get on with the story. Sorry I stopped writing in Frank's POV, I prefer Gee's. I might do Frank a few times, but it'll mostly be Gerard.

Chapter 4; Lesson Of Love

Finally, after two hours of torture that was double maths, the day came to an end as the shrill bell awoke the classes from their various prison cells. I got up to rush outside with the other students who were eager to leave. I shoved my way outside, because for some reason people felt the need to stand in my way, gossiping about whatever on earth they. How rude.

I reached the car park, where Penina and Frank were waiting. I usually walked home with Penina; Mikey and Bob usually went to Ray’s gamer-heaven home, Jenna and Anna would go to Starbucks which was right next to school.

“Hey, Frank. Wanna come Starbucks?” asked Jenna, as she arrived with Bob and Ray. Frank shrugged.

“I don’t know.”

“Oh, come on. These three are off to sleigh zombies all afternoon, and Gee’s off with Penina, again,” said Anna.

“So what else is new?” asked Ray, smirking. I hit him on the shoulder.

“Speaking of Gee... my brother’s picking me up. He can drop you off home, if you like?” asked Penina. I smiled and nodded. I liked Penina’s older brother, he was a pretty sweet dude.

“What, Jaden?” asked Mikey, hitching his bag over his shoulder.

“Yeah. I’ve got such a massive family,” Penina said dramatically.

“Oi! Penny!” shouted a voice, and the horn of a beautiful red 1996 Camaro RS convertible blared. “You right, Gee?”

“Hey, Jaden,” I said, waving over at Penina’s older brother. Penina rolled her eyes.

“Showoff,” she said, running over.

“See you guys tomorrow, okay?” I said. “Nice wheels, dude.” I jumped over the door and slit into the front passenger seat. Penina scowled at me.

“That’s my seat!”

“Not anymore,” I said, grinning.

“Geefreak gets dibsies,” said Jaden, fiddling with his stereo. Jaden was really cool dude; he was three years older than me, with spiked blonde-and-black hair. He studied computer science at college; total geek, and good at it. He looked like a really young Billie-Joe Armstrong, and I think I may have made out with him when we were both drunk at a party a few months ago.

“Asshole,” said Penina, hitting me on the head with a book.

Hey mister, where you headed? Are you in a hurry?” started to play out of the radio as we pulled away. Penina and I turned in our seats and waved to the collective of moronic friends behind us.

“How’s shit going down then, Geefreak?” asked Jaden.

“Not bad. Tired as heck you know. First day back,” I said. All was quiet for a moment.

“What you thinking about, Gee?” asked Penina.

“Frank,” I said, without letting my brain connect with my mouth first. Jaden turned and stared at me as we stopped at the light.

“I thought so,” said Penina, smiling.

“What? Did I say that out loud?” I said.

“Yeah, you did,” said Jaden.

“Oh.” I blushed. “Dude, the lights are green!” I said. Jaden just raised his eyebrows, and stamped on the pedal.

“There’s a new kid in my year. Gerard kept getting this weird look in his eyes when he met him,” said Penina. I just sighed, my brain threatening to prance off out the window, possibly to join Frank, wherever he was, laughing with my best friends and little brother...

“Gerard!” shouted Jaden. I jumped.

“Glad to see you back with us,” said Penina. “We’re here.” I jumped out of the car, and Penina scrambled over to take my seat.

“Sorry about that. My brain went AWOL,” I said. “See you later?”

“Sure thing, man,” Jaden said.

“See you tomorrow, Gee,” said Penina, waving at me before Jaden drove away, Green Day blaring out at top volume from the radio. I really need to keep my brain in place. I remember falling asleep in my classes because my brain never stayed in place.


“Hey mum!” I said, prancing into the living room. She looked up from where she sat on the sofa, writing on her laptop. My mum worked from home on Mondays and Fridays.

“Hey, darling. Have you got any homework?” she asked.

“Nope,” I said, throwing myself on the sofa.”

“Don’t flop on the sofa! And you need to complete your art project, isn’t it due back on...”

“Thursday, mum. I know what I have to do!”

“But I know how hopeless you can be,” said mum. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

“I’ll go start now...”

“Get back here, mister!” I groaned and turned on my heels.

“Yes?”

“I found something of yours, come on,” said mum, standing up and moving towards the kitchen.

“What?” I asked, hopping up onto the kitchen counter.

“It’s nice that you got to see all your friends again. How’s Penina?” she asked, looking through a pile of papers on the counter.

“She’s good. There’a new kid in her year,” I said. Mum nodded.

“Oh, cool. Ah, here it is,” she said, holding out a piece of paper. It was a drawing that I had done perhaps three years ago. It was a cartoon, one of an angel curled up on the ground, holding a snapped halo in her hands.

“Oh. I drew that ages ago! I wondered where it got to,” I said.

“It’s really good,” said mum. I was slightly taken aback.

“You think so?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Oh, okay,” I said, letting a smile flicker across my face. “I thought you were gonna yell at me for a moment.”

“No, of course not. I just needed to remind you... finish your freaking art project already.”

“Okay, okay!”

“It has to be close to finished tonight, I don’t want you rushing it at the last minute on Wednesday.”

“You can’t boss me, you’re not my real dad!” I said, pretending to pout. Mum laughed.

“I’m your mum, you idiot.”

“Yeah, I knew that,” I grinned, and went to move upstairs.

“I haven’t finished!” I groaned and turned back towards the kitchen table.

“Yes?” I said, dragging out the words. 

“Talking of your project, I realized you were running out of paints, so I bought you some new ones,” said mom, taking a small box-shaped package. 

“Oh wow, thanks mom!” I said, reaching over and taking it; a generic collection of coloured oil paints, exactly what I was lacking at the moment. I gave her a swift hug before I turned to make my way back up the stairs. I posed in mid-step, looking around at her. “I can go, right?”

“Yes, now you can,” she chuckled, and began to sort through her paperwork. I smiled, pranced up the stairs and skidded into my bedroom.
____________________

“Morning!”

“Ughsgnfff,” I said. I promptly fell flat on my face on the floor.

“Aww, I think he’s a bit sleepy,” said Jenna, helping me up. She, Penina and Ray were waiting outside my house that morning. I had woken up a bit late, after having worked on my art project (like mum told me to do) until late. Like, really fucking late. I was a little bit sleepy.

“Come on! Has anyone got a stretcher?” asked Ray. “I think we need to carry him.”

“Ugh,” I said. “Why is the coffee gone!”

“What?! Gerard had no coffee?!” Jenna put her hand over her heart.

“Only one cup,” said Mikey, closing the door behind him. “You forgot your shoes, Gee,” he said, placing them in front of me. True enough, I looked down and saw that I was only wearing socks on my feet.

“Oh,” I said.

“Come on guys, to Starbucks. It’s an emergency,” said Penina. I chuckled.

“Yes. It really is.”

We made our way really slowly down the street to accommodate my sluggishness. My brain was hurting with all the tired. We finally reached Starbucks, and I was practically dead. Jenna, Mikey and Penina waltzed in as I gave up and sat down in the seats outside.

“So, apart from the coffee deprivation, how you doing this morning?” asked Ray, sitting next to me. I just stared at him.

“Does that question need an answer?”

“I said asides from the coffee!”

“Coffee is life. Without coffee, I will not work properly!” I said, bashing my head on the table.

“Careful, Way. You don’t want that brain to shatter. Oh hang on... did I say brain?” I looked up and stared at Candace blankly.

“Uh.”

“Too late, I think,” said her companion, Sydney Rhys from Anna and Mikey’s year. It’s like every year has a signature whore. I think she was anorexic, I’d never seen her eating.

“Here you go, Gee,” said Jenna’s voice, sliding a cardboard cup in front of me. “I got you another one for when you’ll need it in... three minutes?”

“Jenna, you’re a lifesaver,” I said.

“What are they doing here?” asked Mikey, gesturing to Candace and Sydney.

“‘They’ are here and can hear what you’re saying,” said Candace, sitting down at the table next to us as Sapphire emerged, also carrying coffee cups. We ignored them.

“Have you figured out what mixed year classes you have, yet?” asked Penina.

“Um... let me check,” I said, pulling out my timetable. The three whores next to us rolled their eyes and began to file their nails. “History, Chemistry, Biology, English and... drama? What? Who put me in drama?” I said, furrowing my brow.

“It’s not a lesson, you got signed up to do it as an extra curriculum thing. We all have RE when you special people have Drama,” said Ray, pouting.

“Oh, great. What am I doing there? I don’t act, or dance, or anything,” I said.

“You sing, though,” said Penina.

“Yeah, to the shower head,” said Mikey, smirking. I threw a napkin at him.

“I have Drama, too,” said Penina.

“I haven’t,” said Jenna.

“Nobody in their right mind would let you into a drama studio. You ever seen her dance? Or act? She can’t hold a tune in a bucket,” said Ray. Jenna hit him.

“She has a name! Be nice,” she said.

“We better get going, guys,” I said, finishing my second coffee.

“Already?”

“I know, scary.”
____________________

“So, this semester, we’re going to be studying Romeo and Juliet...”

“What?” I said, slipping out of my stupor. We were in English, the first two lessons of the day. Frank sat in the seat in front of me, next to Jenna. Penina was next to me. The English teacher raised his eyebrows and pursed his lips.

“Let me finish, Mr Way. As I was saying, we’re going to be studying Romeo and Juliet, along with Jane Eyre. We’re going to be comparing the two, and how they both use love as a main focus for their story lines, and how they differ from each other. We’ll start with Jane Eyre, then move on to Romeo and Juliet. Today, we’ll be watching the movie. Tomorrow we’ll watch the key scenes from Romeo and Juliet, then on Friday we’ll be starting to read the key chapters and scenes from the separate tales,” said the teacher. I sighed and had to refrain from hitting my head on the table.

“Great,” I said.

“This is gonna be exciting,” said Penina, leaning back in her seat. “Can I go to sleep on your shoulder?”

“Okay,” I said, putting my feet on the table as the lights switched off. Jenna sighed and pulled out a pack of playing cards, offering to play speed with Frank. He accepted. I rolled my eyes at the teacher as Penina rested her head on my shoulder and the Boring Movie of Epic Proportions started.

You know, we have actually just been studying the EXACT topic the english teacher described. I had some really good ideas whilst writing the final essay, and am going to use it in the story later on. I hope you liked this chapter. It was a bit tricky because I had no clue how to link the two halves together, but I like the way it turned out. I might update pretty soon (not as soon as tmbfucks, she's like a freaking whiz writer), but I like writing this so it'll be quite frequent.

Also, I put Gee in the Drama course for a reason. I was helping backstage at this year's school production, so I had a good idea with more things to do with the story. Things will be revealed, don't worry.

BleedingValentine xx
Sign up to rate and review this story