Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wrong Number

1- Knight In Shining Armor

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 4 reviews

Jon Walker was no knight in shining armor, not until he answered the call from an unknown number.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-09 - Updated: 2012-07-10 - 2647 words

5Moving
Generally Jon Walker wouldn’t answer any calls from unknown numbers. He had various reasons for this self-imposed rule. For one, he didn’t want any awkward conversations with exes, since not all of his relationships ended on good terms. Another reason was that he just didn’t particularly like phone calls; he squirmed through them, unable to hide how uncomfortable he was. He didn’t like how much people could read in the tone of voice used, which is what conversations over the phone relied on.

Tonight he forgot the rule and all of his reasons, glancing down at his cell phone as the unknown number flashed across the screen. He had given his number to yet another girl the other night, and wondered if it was her actually calling.

“Who is it?” Ryan asked, taking another drink of his beer.

Brendon and Spencer also looked at him, curiously. “Another girlfriend?” Brendon asked, grinning. Jon was known for his unending interest in the female body and all of the relationships he made his way through, barely having enough time to blink his eyes before the next girl came along.

“I don’t know.” Jon replied, standing up from his bar stool.

He answered the phone, holding it to his ear, as he made his way from the noisy bar towards the door. Some fresh air sounded nice anyway. He didn’t get the chance to say anything as the stranger on the other end of the line began talking, sounding panicked. “Please, please come get me! I made a mistake. You were right about him. I just- I need to get out of here.” It was a girl, sounding like she was having a panic attack.

“Who is this?” Jon asked, quite bluntly.

“… Is … Is Anna there?” She breathed out.

“Nope.” Jon couldn’t even remember dating an Anna, the name was completely unfamiliar.

The girl let out a sob and then the call disconnected, leaving Jon pretty damn confused.

He turned to make his way back to his friends before he’d even actually made it outside. “Who was it?” Spencer asked, looking up.

Please, please come get me!

The words echoed through Jon’s mind, worrying him. Whoever she was she sounded like she needed help. “It was-“ Jon paused, “Look, I have to go. I’ll tell you guys about it tomorrow, okay?”

Each boy gave Jon the ‘okay’, waving goodbye as Jon made his way from the bar out in to the cold night. He glanced down at his phone, pressing the send button on his phone as he found the number the girl had just called him from.

“Anna?” She still sounded so panicked.

“This isn’t Anna. Where are you?” Or, you know, who are you?

“Who is this?” The girl asked, noticeably crying.

“That doesn’t matter.” Jon frowned, worrying for her. “Tell me where you’re at and I’ll come get you.”

“I-“ The girl seemed to think over her options before spitting out an address, “I’m in the bathroom. I locked myself in.”

“Why’d you do that?”

“He- he said it would be romantic.” The girl started breathing heavily, “But his friends are here, and the kind of romance he wants isn’t the kind of romance I want.”

Jon started his car, holding his breath as he realized what the girl meant. “Are they still there?”

“Yes.” She let out another sob, and then Jon heard knocking in the background.

“What’s your name?” He knew the town pretty well, and sadly enough he knew the motel she’d given him the address too pretty damn well also. He’d spent a lot of nights there, looking for a place where he wouldn’t be spotted.

“Christian.” She took a deep breath, as if trying to control her breathing. “Christian Taylor.”

“I’m Jon.” Jon continued driving; trying to take the girl’s mind off of the situation she was stuck in. He considered calling the police, hoping that things would go well when he showed up.

“Jon, why are you coming to get a stranger in the middle of the night?” Christian sounded frightened, and untrusting.

“You’re the one that called me.” Jon reminded her lightly, “I come running when I’m called.” He joked, making a sharp turn as he tried to focus on driving while holding such a hard conversation. He wasn’t used to hearing girls cry, and he really wasn’t a fan.

“You’re a regular knight in shining armor then.” Christian responded.

“I try.” Jon pulled in to the motel parking lot. “Christian, I’m here. I’m about to knock on the door, I just need to find the right room first.”

Christian took another deep breath, saying nothing.

Jon stared at the room number, “You said room 145, right?”

“Yes.” Christian’s voice came out choked, “Are you here?”

“Yeah, I’m going to knock now.” Jon brought his hand up and knocked hard on the door, bracing himself for whatever was to come.

The man that answered the door was well dressed, in business attire. He didn’t look all that old, and he wasn’t unattractive either. “I’m here for Christian.” Jon said, crossing his arms over his chest, his cell phone now in his pocket.

The man mirrored Jon’s actions, crossing his arms over his chest as well. “I’m assuming she called you.” He didn’t seem moved in the slightest.

“She did.” Jon attempted to show no fear, though he was in a pretty damn intimidating situation, one which he didn’t have quite enough alcohol in his system for. “Is there going to be a problem?”

The man looked amused but stepped aside, allowing Jon enough room to enter. Jon did, hesitantly. There was one bed in the room, two other guys seated on it. They were both as well dressed as the first guy who’d answered the door.

Jon walked by, pretending to be unaffected by their presence. He knocked lightly on the door, before calling out. “Christian, its Jon.”

The door opened, almost immediately and Jon knew she’d been waiting next to it since he’d ended their phone call. Jon’s eyes widened but he tried to hide his horror as Christian stepped out of the bathroom. “My skirt is ripped, so this is all I have to wear.” Christian muttered.

“It’s okay; I have a hoodie out in my car.” Jon replied, gesturing that she should walk in front of him.

Christian walked quickly but at the door one of the men grabbed on to her arm, “We’ll finish this later.” He promised, with a cold tone.

“Hands off the lady.” Jon said, placing as much authority in to his tone as he could manage.

The man smirked at Jon, “Christian’s no lady. She’s done things that would make you cringe.”

Jon stepped closer to the man, glaring at him. “Let her go.” He demanded.

The man didn’t seem pleased about it but he let go of her and she walked outside without another word, as quickly as she could. Jon quickened his pace to keep up with her.

She was wearing a white top, which was torn in the front, revealing a black bra with matching black underwear on. She had toned legs, but the tears in her eyes made Jon’s desire die out. He’d usually kill to see a lady like her naked, but tonight he’d kill just to see her tears disappear.

“Stop.” Jon suddenly spoke, as Christian nearly walked past his car. “This is my car.”

Christian stopped and nervously looked from the car to Jon, and then back at the car. “I’m not going to hurt you.” Jon assured her, seeing the panic growing behind her quickly shifting eyes. “But I’m also not going to let you walk home, wherever your home is. You wouldn’t make it a block dressed like that.”

Christian nodded, silently walking to the passenger’s side of the car. Jon unlocked the doors with a click, and he watched her get in before opening his own door.

He leaned back, watching Christian jump but he moved past her, peering in to his back seat. He grabbed his black hoodie and handed it to Christian, “Here, this should keep you somewhat warm until I get you home.”

Christian nodded, taking a few minutes to slowly put the hoodie on. “Thank you.” She finally mumbled, not looking directly at Jon.

“Where do you live?” He had no idea where he was supposed to be headed.

“Do you know how to get to Leighton Market?” Christian asked.

“Yeah.” It was on the other side of town.

“I live near there.”

And so Jon began to drive once again.





“Christian, I’m at Leighton Market.” Jon glanced over, sighing immediately.

She was asleep.







It took about twenty minutes for Jon to make his way to the house he was temporarily renting. He’d been ‘temporarily renting’ it for over a year now, finding it a peaceful place to come after being around so many people. It was his escape, and he even considered buying it. He hadn’t made it that far yet though and for now he was completely satisfied with simply renting the property.

“Christian?” Jon tried to wake the girl without touching her, not wanting her to feel uncomfortable after the situation she’d just been in.

She didn’t move at all, completely passed out.

With a heavy sigh Jon got out of his car, coming around to the passenger’s side. He opened the door, smelling something natural, yet completely intoxicating. “I’m going straight to hell for this.” Jon mumbled, gently cradling Christian in his arms, awkwardly shutting the car door with his back.

Jon had never allowed anyone other than Spencer, Ryan, and Brendon to come to his place, wanting it to be his own space in the world. He loved being separated from the rest of the world; it felt good to him. That’s why as he approached his front door he paused, second guessing his choice to bring this stranger home with him. He could easily turn around and rent a motel room for the night, staying with her to ensure her safety. He thought that with how her recent experience at a motel room had gone that she probably wouldn’t quite appreciate that gesture though and something inside of him wanted her to feel the safety he felt and the only place he’d ever really felt that sense of safety was at this place he considered home.

He reached forward, trying to keep a careful hold on Christian, finally grasping on to the door knob and with a quick turn he was heading inside. He knew the house well enough to not need the lights to be on as he made his way to his bedroom.

The room gave him an instant feeling of comfort and he gently lowered Christian on to his bed, leaving the room immediately with an urge to lock the door though he hadn’t done that since moving in.

Once the door was locked Jon headed back to his bedroom, pausing to look in the mirror adjacent to his bedroom door. The light from a nearby window gave him the ability to make out his own face in the mirror, “Knight in shining armor?” He rolled his eyes at the label Christian had given him. “If only she knew.” He didn’t want her to know though; he didn’t want her to know just how far away from being a hero he really was.

Jon flicked the light switch in his bedroom on, hoping it wouldn’t wake Christian up. She seemed to need the sleep; she’d been out pretty cold in the car.

He approached his bed, hesitant to look at her once again. It was almost painful just to see her. Jon was no knight in shining armor, but he was most definitely not taken with the sight of an obviously abused girl in need of saving. “Why couldn’t Spencer or Ryan answer your call?” Jon mumbled, gently brushing stray strands of hair from Christian’s face. “They are heroes; unlike me.”

Christian had a scratch along her right cheek, dried blood settling along the wound. She had two soon to be black eyes, the skin a gentle yellow. Jon knew that didn’t happen immediately; how long had she been in that motel room? It felt like a sin to look down at her barely covered body and Jon was severely grateful that his hoodie now covered a good portion of her body. He could still see bruises lining her legs however, and he quickly grabbed his blanket to cover the sight.

With quick strides Jon exited the room, pulling out his cell phone. He didn’t even think about who he was calling until Spencer’s soothing voice filled his ears, “She didn't put out, did she?” Spencer joked.

“I think she might have.” Jon could only whisper the words, “With three different guys, none of which were me.”

“Oh damn.” Spencer whistled in to the phone, “That’s kinky.”

“It’s less kinky; more criminal.”

Spencer’s tone instantly became serious, “Criminal?”

“I think they hurt her.” Jon closed his eyes, knowing they’d hurt her. The bruises were a pretty clear confirmation of that.

“That’s not a good type of kink to get in to.” Spencer scolded, “Look, I know your problems go far Jon but you haven’t hurt anyone before and…”

“No.” Jon’s eyes snapped open, “I didn’t hurt her. All I did was pick her up and get her out of there. I have commitment issues but that doesn’t mean I’m abusive. She fell asleep in my car though and now she’s asleep in my bed and I just- I don’t know what to do.”

“Just breathe.” Spencer instructed, and the idiocy of the simple command was not lost on Jon. “Do you know where she lives, or know anyone who could pick her up?”

“I don’t know her Spence, she’s a stranger.”

“Damn it Jon, why would you put yourself in a position like this?”

“It’s not like I went looking for it.”

“Do you want me to come over?”

“I don’t think she’d like that. I’d prefer to keep it one on one for now; it’s a lot less intimidating.” Jon glanced towards his bedroom, wondering how hard it would be to resist his inner desires while around someone so obviously shattered.

“Well, keep me updated once she wakes up and it’ll be fine Jon. You’ll be fine. You’re a good guy.” And of course Spencer’s words made Jon feel better.



Jon didn’t go back to bed, instead heading to his living room. It was silent in the house and Jon needed noise; he needed it badly.

Spencer knew Jon’s problems, the ones he hid deep inside. There was an overwhelming void inside of him, eating him from the inside out. It was something he couldn’t control and all Jon knew was that it was dark.



In order to forget the awful events of the night Jon decided to focus on his most basic desires. He needed release. He had expected to hook up at the club but that didn’t happen so he was on his own for the night. His eyes glanced over the DVDs he had, pushed to the back due to their inappropriate content. He picked one at random, slipping it in to his DVD player.





**
Sign up to rate and review this story