Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Wrong Number

3- Safety

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 5 reviews

He’d never expected such chaos in the one place he felt safe.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-11 - Updated: 2012-07-11 - 2581 words

3Exciting
Jon stood by the window, glancing out in to the night. Light was beginning to surface, not yet touching the entire town. He was tired, mind foggy from earlier alcohol intake. He couldn’t sleep yet though. “Is this okay?” Christian’s voice interrupted his thoughts and Jon turned, glancing at her. She was wearing a pair of his black boxers, along with a black t-shirt, which fell over her body.

“I told you that you could wear anything you wanted.” Jon mumbled, looking back out the window.

“Are you looking for something?” Christian moved beside Jon, looking out the window. She couldn’t see much, her eyesight terrible in the dark.

“I’m just looking to look.” Jon answered, turning his attention back to her. “Are you still tired?”

Christian shrugged, “I’m not sure I can sleep right now.”

“Are you hungry?” Jon just wanted to make her comfortable, somehow. Unfortunately he wasn’t very good when it came to comfort. The only way of comfort he knew was through sex but he knew that she didn’t need some asshole making moves on her, not tonight, probably not for a very, very long time.

“No, I’m not.” Christian sighed heavily, “I still think I should leave. I’m sorry he came here. I’m sorry I called you. I should have just-“

“Just what?” Jon glared in to Christian’s eyes, wanting to know just what she was thinking in that moment. “Just let him continue to hurt you?” He shook his head, horrified with the idea. “You need to stand up for yourself and kick this guy to the curb.”

“I told you-“

“It’s not easy. Yeah, I know. How is it easy to endure this abuse though?” Jon challenged, gesturing to her now covered body. “It has to end.”

“Well don’t you just have all of the answers?” Christian snapped, turning away from Jon. She crossed her arms over her chest, sighing heavily. “I know I’m handling everything in the worst way possible but I don’t know any better. I really don’t know what to do.”

The admission tore in to Jon like a recently sharpened knife and he could barely breathe. “We will figure this out, okay?”

“No.” Christian shook her head, “I’ll figure this out. You’ll stay out of it, where you’re safe.”

“I told you I come when called. I never said I would leave.”

Christian couldn’t stop the smile from touching her lips, “I’m not used to this.”

“What?”

“Having a hero.”

Jon closed his eyes, unable to accept the title.





**



“Where’d you meet him?” Jon asked, setting a cup down on the table in front of Christian. He had his own cup sitting in front of him, the steam rising from the heat.

“Is this hot chocolate?” Christian asked, leaning forward to inhale the sweet scent. “I was looking for work.” She admitted, “Why?”

“It’s hot chocolate with vanilla ice cream in it actually.” Jon said, grinning. “My mom used to make it for me when I was a kid. It always made me feel better, despite how crappy I was feeling.” He took a sip from his own cup, not answering her other question. “So, you’re a- um… hooker, or something?”

Christian had been taking a drink of the cooled hot chocolate and she nearly spit it out, glaring at Jon. “I’m not a hooker.”

“S-sorry.” Jon’s cheeks heated as he mentally scolded himself for the question. “So then what line of business are you, or were you trying to get in to?”

“I had an interview for a secretarial position in his company.” Christian shifted, uncomfortably avoiding Jon’s gaze.

“His company?”

“Yeah, his company.” Christian nodded, “I didn’t get the job but I got the guy and quite honestly I wish I could give him back and take the job instead.”

Jon cracked a smile, “Do you like the hot chocolate?”

Christian nodded, “It’s delicious, and a great idea. I’ve never put ice cream in hot chocolate before. Your mother is a genius. I already feel a little better.”

Jon’s smile grew. “Good, I’m glad. She’s got a lot of tricks for making people feel better.”

Christian jumped and let out a surprised gasp as her phone rang, from inside her bra. Jon raised an eyebrow, watching her as she pulled her cell phone out of its hiding place.

With a deep breath she answered the call, “Hello?”

Anna’s voice came from the speakers, the speaker phone feature accidentally enabled. “Where the hell are you Christian? My god, do you know how worried about you I’ve been?”

Christian swallowed hard, shooting Jon an apologetic smile. “I’m sorry Anna, I really am.”

“He’s a damn psychopath and we won’t let him get away with this, I swear.” Anna promised, confusing Christian.

“What? Back up, I’m confused.”

“Have you not seen the website yet? Oh god, Christian… just nevermind, I take it back.” Anna breathed out deeply, the speaker on the phone catching the sound, magnifying it.

“No, tell me. What website?” Christian’s heartbeat picked up in speed as she waited for the answer.

“Christian’s desires.” Anna whispered, sounding horrified. “I’ve checked around and everyone else we hang out with got texted the web address, along with god knows who else. It’s got your full name and address listed.”

Jon tensed, listening to the conversation.

“I’m going to call my father Christian.” Anna’s voice got stronger. “There has to be something that he can do about this.”

Christian nodded, fighting to find her voice again. “I-I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll call my dad tonight. I love you Christian.”

“Love you too.” Christian hung up, the click sounding awfully deafening.

Jon got up, without a word. Once he returned he had a laptop with him. Christian wasn’t so sure that she wanted to see yet she still watched as Jon typed in to Google, “Christian Taylor.”

It was the first thing that appeared.

Christian’s desires: a website created to bring ultimate humiliation upon Christian. It also posed an awfully big safety risk to Christian, seeing as how on the front page her full name, address, and phone number was listed in bold, just as Anna had said.

“There has to be something that can be done about this, legally.” Jon muttered, clicking on another link.

“Anna’s father should be able to shut it down, as quickly as he can.” Christian responded, horrified eyes glued to the computer screen.

“Who is Anna?”

“She’s my best friend.”

“And her father?”

“He’s a lawyer.”

“Good. Do you know what this means?” Jon glanced over at Christian, just as she pulled her knees up to her chest, hugging them tightly to her body.

“Benjamin is really mad.” Christian responded.

“Well, other than that.” Jon bit his lip nervously, “You can’t go home until the website is shut down.” The inviting address displayed upon the front page made that much clear.

“It’s not like I can avoid my apartment forever. I mean, no one would really come… you don’t think, right?” Christian sounded nervous at the idea.

“It’s okay.” Jon’s hand landed on Christian’s bare leg before he could stop himself, or even think the action through. “You can stay here.”

Christian looked away, goose bumps erupting upon her skin at his touch. “I can’t stay here.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know you.”

“That’s okay.”

“I’m not a slut, like this website suggests.”

“Did you think that’s what I thought?” Jon peered over at Christian curiously, taking in her bruised state once again.

“It’s what a lot of people are going to think.”

“Screw anyone who thinks that.” Jon muttered, anger flashing through the words.

Christian cracked a smile, “I’d rather not.” She joked.

Jon laughed, “I’d rather you didn’t too.”

“Why’s that?” Christian’s serious tone returned.

Jon didn’t answer, instead asking the question that had been bothering him. “Did you sleep with all three men?”

Christian swallowed hard, mouth suddenly dry. “Yes.”

Jon’s eyes fell closed as he took in the new information that he’d hoped wasn’t true. “Were there any other men at the motel in the three days that you were there?”

Christian looked away, eyes downcast. “I’ve done a lot of things I’m ashamed of Jon.” She quietly whispered, pain showing through each word. “Most of those things during the time I’ve been dating Benjamin.”

Jon wasn’t sure just what he should say to that but he didn’t have to say anything because soon enough there was another knock on his door, cutting them both off.

He glanced at Christian, noticing that her nails were digging in to her skin, as she held on to her knees tightly. “Stay here.” Christian just nodded, too afraid to move anyway.

Jon moved through the hallway quickly, anger driving him. He couldn’t fathom the idea of doing the things that had been done to Christian, and the more he thought about it the angrier he got.

Jon aggressively opened his front door, glaring out. Nothing could have prepared him for the sight he saw, and the hate inside of him continued to build for Christian’s deadly boyfriend.







Christian’s cell phone began ringing again and she hesitantly answered it, “Hello?” She never thought that getting away from Benjamin would be so hard. She never thought that things like this happened outside of lifetime movies but now it was happening to her, and escape didn’t seem possible anymore. She just wanted to lay her head down and fall asleep, forgetting about everything. It almost seemed too hard to fight Benjamin now.

“I can’t sleep without you.” Benjamin’s voice was soft and sweet, just the way Christian liked it.

Christian swallowed hard, forcing herself to remember everything he’d put her through before all resolve slipped away. “I’m sorry.”

Benjamin breathed out, “I just want you to come back Christian.”

“I can’t do that.” Why did he have to make it so hard? Christian’s hand tightened around her cell phone and she looked behind her, hoping Jon would appear.

“Please Christian, I love you.”

Christian shook her head, trying her hardest to be strong. “You don’t.” She whispered the words, feeling them break her apart. “You don’t know how to love someone Ben.”

“But I’ll try. I’ll try harder not to hurt you so much.” There was a promise in Benjamin’s words but Christian knew it was just a lie, like everything else he said.

“I don’t want to do this anymore.” Christian remembered the last time she tried to break up with Benjamin, and this time she made her words sound a little more confident. It helped that she was on the phone with him, not trying to do it in person. “I don’t want to be with you anymore.”

“Don’t say that.” Benjamin’s words became tougher, and once again Christian had a glimpse of the man that adored hurting her and she didn’t want to do it anymore.

“You can take everything I have Benjamin, you already have.” Christian felt the warm tears start to slip down her cheeks and she didn’t even fight them. “And you can try your hardest to break me but that won’t make me love you because I could never love someone like you, and I’ll never actually want to be with you.”

“We’ll see about that.” Benjamin spit out. “All you’re doing is running from me Christian, and you won’t get far. You know how angry it makes me when you run.”

Christian simply closed her eyes, listening to his breathing die out as he hung up. “You should be proud of yourself.” Jon spoke from behind her and she jumped, surprised.

“Who was at the door?” Christian asked, slowly standing up.

“It was just a stupid prank.” Jon muttered, not looking directly at her. “I’m going to go clean it up.”

“What exactly is it?” Christian asked.

“Just eggs.” Jon lied, not wanting Christian to have to deal with the sight of the dead animal currently sitting out on his porch, blood and guts smeared on his door.

“I can help.” Christian offered but Jon caught her arm as she went to walk past him.

“I’d prefer you stay inside.” At her confused expression he continued, “Its cold out.”

The knocking started again and Christian looked up at Jon, biting her lip. “Another prank?” She whispered, frightened.

“I don’t know.” Jon muttered, looking towards the door.

When would this stop?

Then another knocking sound began closer to them, near the windows. Jon looked over but the blinds kept him from seeing anything. “Jon, what is going on?” Christian asked, panicked.

The knocking continued, coming from several different directions. Jon’s grip on Christian’s arm tightened and he led her down the hall and in to his bedroom. She watched him, terrified. “It’s because of me, isn’t it?” She asked, as he led her in to his walk in closet, since there were no windows.

“Just stay here. It’ll be okay.” Jon instructed her, reaching behind him for his headphones. Without another word he slipped them over her ears, turning his iPod on.

Christian watched as Jon closed the closet door, leaving her inside.





Jon grabbed the baseball bat he had hiding underneath his bed, and he continued down the hallway. So far it just sounded like multiple people knocking on all of his windows, and on the front door. He quickly punched in his security code and waited as it became activated, knowing now that if anyone tried to come inside it would alert the security company.

Right then there was a crash from what sounded like the living room. Jon quickly changed direction, gripping his baseball bat tightly.

Right as he reached the living room to see a rock sitting on his living room floor he heard another crash, and then another.

His security system sounded loudly, making it hard for him to tell where the other noises were coming from. As his home phone went off he picked it up, knowing it wouldn’t be long until the police showed up.

He’d never expected such chaos in the one place he felt safe.







Jon saw three rocks on his bed and felt the breeze of the wind as he walked through his bedroom door but he paid no attention to the sight as he went straight to the closet, closing himself in and dropping the baseball bat to the ground.

Christian looked up as the door opened but once it closed behind Jon she could see nothing once again, the only thing to keep her safe the music flowing through her ears.

Jon sat beside Christian, gently pulling her in to his lap. She jumped as his arms wrapped around her and though she trembled it still felt good; it still felt safe, or as close to safe as she could bring herself to feel.
Sign up to rate and review this story