Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Black Out

I'm A Criminal

by Duckgirl566 0 reviews

She loved the feel of a smooth snare drum. He loved a steady rhytm, controlling the beat. He loved his guitar, and all the screaming the songs called for. She loved the music that took away the pai...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango - Warnings: [?] [R] - Published: 2006-07-09 - Updated: 2006-07-10 - 1528 words

0Unrated
"Sister, I'm not much a poet, but a criminal
And you never had a chance
Love it, or leave it, you can't understand
A pretty face, but you do so carry on,
and on,
and on

I wouldn't front the scene if you paid me
I'm just the way that the doctor made me, on,
and on,
and on,
and on
Love is the red of the rose on your coffin door
What's life like, bleeding on the floor,
the floor,
the floor

You'll never make me leave
I wear this on my sleeve
Give me a reason to believe

So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me sick
You're running after something
That you'll never destroy
If this is what you want
Then fire at will

Preach all you want but who's gonna save me?
I keep a gun on the book you gave me, hallelujah, lock and load
Black is the kiss, the touch of the serpent son
It ain't the mark or the scar that makes you one,
and one,
and one,
and one

You'll never make me leave
I wear this on my sleeve
Give me a reason to believe

So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me sick
You're running after something
That you'll never destroy
If this is what you want
Then fire at will

You'll never make me leave
I wear this on my sleeve
You wanna follow something
Give me a better cause to lead
Just give me what I need
Give me a reason to believe

So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me sick
You're running after something
That you'll never destroy
If this is what you want
Then fire at will

So give me all your poison (Fire at will)
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts (Fire at will)
And make me sick
You're running after something (Fire at will)
That you'll never destroy
If this is what you want (Fire at will)
Then fire at will"

Inuyasha set down his paper he read off of, looking up at the group in front of him. "So, what do you guys think?"

Miroku scratched his head and sighed. "Good, I like it. But..."

"But what?" Inuyasha said in an annoyed tone. Sango lifted her head of from her steady gaze at the table. They were sitting in Sango's pent house, a small, but very expensive place looking out at Fifth Avenue. Kagome held her hands in her lap.

So far being in a Grammy-winning, multi-platinum-album-making, über-popular (amongst a certain crowd), world-touring, and highly respected punk/rock band would be more...exciting.

Miroku had called everyone to get together and out the finishing touches on a few songs for their up-coming album. Mike (their manager, anyone remember that?) would be coming over later along with a few people from the record company to discuss how Kagome would be introduced to the public. For now, they all wanted to work together, without the pesky manager.

And it was boooooooorrrrriinnngg.

"It seems like something just doesn't fit right, like...I don't know." Sango sighed and too another swig of lemonade. Store bought, of course. Sango wasn't exactly a good housekeeper, but she didn't like the idea of having some maid take care of every.little.thing. for her. This explained the call Kagome got, begging her to come and help pick-up the place.

"Well, if you two can come up with something better, go for it. I've been screwing around with this song for too freaking long anyway." Inuyasha poured himself another glass of lemonade and took a long drink of it. Setting it back down on the oak dinner table, he leaned back in his chair, falling backwards. "Ow."

Sango and Miroku looked down at the fallen rock star. Kagome reached across the table to snatch the piece of paper Inuyasha had written the lyrics on and took his pencil. She scribbled something on it hurriedly.

"Here, read it now, the chorus, I mean," Kagome said nervously, giving the paper to Sango.

"So give me all your poison
And give me all your pills
And give me all your hopeless hearts
And make me ill
You're running after something
That you'll never kill
If this is what you want
Then fire at will. What did you change Kagome, because I like it."

"Well no one do anything to help me up or anything."

"Shut up Inuyasha. What'd you do Kagome?" asked Miroku, kicking his friend n the side playfully, since Inuyasha was an east target and everything.

"I only changed sick to ill, and destroy to kill. I thought it would make sense for it to rhyme since the rest of the song did," Kagome answered, rolling the pencil across the table to Inuyasha. However, since Inuyasha was not upright to take his pencil, it rolled of the table to land smack dab on his forehead. The lead singer stood up with a red, angry, and annoyed face. "Oops."

"What the hell was that!?"

"SHUT UP INUYASHA!" Miroku and Sango shouted at the same time.

"God danmit! Let's just look at Niki FM already!" Inuyasha placed his chair back to a normal position and took out the sheet music for Niki FM.

"Inuyasha, we already looked over that one, can't we do something else?" Sango whined.

"She's right Inuyasha," Miroku said.

"My, my, my, is my little group having a creative spat?" They all turned around to look at Mike, dressed in his Armani suit and $1400 sunglasses. He was cheesier than a bag of Cheetos.

"Oh hi Mike, no, Inuyasha's just being more of an a-hole than normal," Miroku said, gesturing to a chair next to him. A man they all recognized (except Kagome, being a newbie and all) from the record company.

"Well, I wouldn't dwell on it too much. Now, down to business. How we get Kagome 'out there'."

"We," the man from the record company began, "would like to get you guys on the cover of the Rolling Stone, and maybe have VH1 and MTV do something on you guys. Chances are a magazine like CosmoGirl! Or Seventeen will want to do an article on Kagome, but we get it to be Kagome and you Sango, so Kagome's coming to the band will seem more subtle. We have a few songs with Kagome singing with you, Inuyasha, and-,"

"Wait one God Danm minute! We are not using any songs some over-paid writer writes. I don't care if they're professionals, we wrote a lot of hit singles and we are no going to start having you guys take over," Inuyasha said. The rest of the group was silent. Miroku cleared his throat loudly and sat up straighter in his chair.

"What Inuyasha means is we don't want to sell out. It's not cool. We can write and compose our own music, as we have done in the past. We were successful doing so before and can continue that." He turned his head to look at Kagome, then back at Mike and the record company guy. "Just because we have changed a little, doesn't mean we aren't going to stick to our values anymore."

Sango squirmed in her seat and Kagome blushed, embarrassed at all the trouble she caused.

"Well, you four better come up with some Danm-good stuff before you get to the studio, or else you'll all be dropped." He stood up and walked toward the door. "Mike, it would be wise for you to come with me, seeing as my limousine is your ride."

He stood and left with him, leaving the four alone again.

"Those bastards," Inuyasha muttered.

"Hey guys, I think Inuyasha and Kagome should go work on a song or something for, you know, the next album," Sango said hurriedly, standing up and taking their glasses to the sink.

"But I thought we said we'd work all day together?" Kagome asked, though she could tell why Sango wanted them all to leave.

"I ain't gonna-," Inuyasha started.

"JUST GO!"

Miroku stood up but Sango put a hand on his shoulder. "Miroku, honey, I have something I need to talk to you about. Alone. With them gone."

Kagome chuckled, leaning close to Sango's ear. "Don't worry Sango, I like em' a little assertive too. Have fun!" Sango blushed and Kagome's smile grew wider. "Come on Inuyasha, we can go back to my place. Bye Sango, Miroku!" Kagome pushed Inuyasha out the door and into the hallway, Sango slamming the door behind them. Sounds of a table scraping against a hard floor and a chair being knocked over could be shamelessly heard. Miroku startled yelp sounding throughout the whole building.

"What was that all about?" Inuyasha asked Kagome as she pushed the down button on the elevator.

"Oh, just a woman knowing what she wants," Kagome said with a smirk as the doors closed on them.
Sign up to rate and review this story