Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > This Is The Best Day Ever

We Can Get Out

by KilljoyOnFire 1 review

Short chapter. Bert and Gerard stumble upon a miracle. Gerard is a total teenager when it comes to sex.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-07-14 - Updated: 2012-07-14 - 569 words

1Insightful
Chapter 11

That morning, I’m giddy. I’d almost forgotten what love felt like, and now that I have somebody who loves me, I feel amazing. Throughout the morning, I manage to fit the words “I love you” into every sentence I say to Bert.

“Good morning, I love you.”

“Let’s go to breakfast, I love you.”

“Want to read a comic book together? I love you.”

And every time, Bert says “I love you too.” And every time, it makes me want to dance. Or fuck him. Or both.

Speaking of that… Bert and I haven’t had sex yet. That night in the shower, we certainly did some things, but it didn’t go past oral. I want to go all the way. But Bert is still uncertain. He says it’s because he loves me so much and he doesn’t want to hurt me. But I can’t shake the feeling that he just simply doesn’t want to have sex with me. I guess I’ll just have to wait…

After lunch, as we’re walking back to our room, Bert stops me in the hallway. “Let’s go check out the second floor.” he whispers.

A nervous tingle spreads through my body. We’re actually going to do this. I’ve never broken any rule in Berkman’s before. Well… except stashing my medication in a plastic bag and attempting to overdose on it. I lead Bert through the hallways and up the staircase. My heart pounds against my chest with the force of a jackhammer. My palms are sweating.

“We have to be quiet or else we might get caught.” I whisper nervously to Bert, my voice shaking.

“Calm down.” Bert whispers back, taking my hand and squeezing it. We quickly move through the hallways, searching for the garbage chute of our imagination. Suddenly, I hear footsteps. Adrenaline pumps through my veins and my heart does a 360 in my rib cage. I grab Bert’s arm and yank him around a corner.

I hold a finger to my lips. Someone’s coming, I mouth. Bert nods. The footsteps grow quieter and quieter. Finally, it’s silent. I hold my breath and peer around the corner. The hallway is empty. I lean against the wall and close my eyes.

“That was close.” I whisper.

“Calm down.” Bert murmurs, squeezing my clammy palm again.

That’s when I realize that my arm is pressed against something cold and metal. I frown in confusion and turn around. Built into the wall is a green metal door of some sort labeled “Recycling.” It’s about the size of an old-fashioned TV.

I think nothing of it and tug Bert’s hand. “Let’s keep looking.” I say.

Bert doesn’t move. He stares at the door, a smile slowly spreading across his face. “Gerard…” he begins.

“What?” I ask stupidly, even though realization is beginning to creep over me.

Bert pulls open the metal door, revealing a dark, steep sort of tunnel. I wrinkle my nose. It smells.

“We found it!” Bert cries. He looks absolutely ecstatic, and I know I should, too. But instead, I feel numb. This isn’t real… a mental institution would never have left this unlocked. They wouldn’t have let there be a way to escape.

But there is one. And I’m standing right in front of it.
Sign up to rate and review this story