Categories > Original > Romance

My Beautiful Egyptian

by imakilljoywannabe 0 reviews

A boy recalls the past (sort of)

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Romance - Published: 2012-07-21 - Updated: 2012-07-21 - 483 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Hey guys, this is something I wrote at a one day writing camp last summer, and I wanted to see what people thought. In the class we were given a picture and told to create a story out of it. My picture showed a girl (I thought she was in her late teens) with her eyes closed. Her mouth was open a little, and she had a hieroglyph on her chest (that's where the whole Egyptian thing comes in). This is what I came up with.

I stare down at her beautiful face, her cold lips formed as though to whisper a secret. Her eyes closed, she looks like she is sleeping, though she will never wake from her peaceful dream. I cross her hands over her chest, as though she is a pharaoh of ancient Egypt, about to be prepared for trip to the afterlife.

But this isn't Egypt.

This isn't a land of flowers and beauty or a mighty desert. This is a small town in California.

California. A place where dreams are supposed to come true. But this is no dream.

This is a nightmare.

She and I, we were made for each other. But we will never be together. Not now. I know it's not her fault. She couldn't help that she'd had a fatal heart attack.

Even so, I resent her for it. We could have been so much together. That dream is no more. But as I stand here, in these woods in Northern California, with autumn leaves raining down on me, I know what her dying wish would be. A cold wind blows, sending a shiver down my spine. It would be to be buried here. In the woods. Her favorite place in the world. The one place she could be herself. A pang strikes me, my own thoughts a dagger through my heart. I run my fingers through her hair one last time. I then wipe the leaves from her face before lowering the open coffin into the grave. Her grave. The one I had dug. Before sealing her tomb forevermore, there is one last thing I must do. I dig a necklace out from my jacket pocket, her only jewelry. It's a hieroglyph, the symbol of Cleopatra. With my cold, trembling fingers I place it just above her heart. Where she would have wanted it. I close the coffin with a sense of finality, a single tear running down my cheek.

I shovel the dirt back into that hole, that terrible hole. As I leave these woods, I know that I will never return, and that I will never again love autumn as I once had.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So, what do you guys think? I worked hard on this, and I hope you like it. Please Rate and Review! I would love to hear what you think! Love you all! ~imakilljoywannabe
Sign up to rate and review this story