Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Forgetting Yesterday

Throw it Away

by kissmeifucan97 1 review

Brendon is Ellie's night and shining armor.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-22 - Updated: 2012-07-23 - 2340 words

1Exciting

Part 2 Throw it away
The next morning came too quickly. I woke up still in Brendon’s arms, surprisingly we were still in the same arrangement that I remember. I felt terrible, physically and mentally. My heart was broken and I was beginning to hate myself for letting it get this far. And to top it all off I had a ragging head ache, I even felt gross. I hadn’t showered since yesterday morning. I laid there for a moment deliberating on what to do next, but I couldn’t think straight. After a while I finally decided to take a shower so it could wake me up. Glancing at Brendon, who was still asleep, I had noticed how cute he looked when he was asleep, almost boyish. But I stopped myself. I couldn’t think that, Brendon is my friend, my best friend. Plus I had just barely broken up with Daniel. But it was weird no matter how much I tried to think of Daniel all I could feel was hate toward him.
“God I’m losing my mind” I whispered aloud.
I needed to get in the shower it would clear my head. But I had a small dilemma. I couldn’t quit move. So with great caution I moved Brendon’s arms from around me.
“Ellie” Brendon awoke startled.
“Chill Bren I was just trying to go take a shower” I assured him.
It took him a moment for him to realize that he wasn’t asleep. “Oh, sorry.”
He untangled himself from me, and gave another apologetic smile. I climbed over him and got out of bed. I grabbed my nap sack from the corner of the room and headed toward the bathroom.
“Hey” Brendon called, just as I was about to close the door, “are you hungry.”
“Kind of” I answered.
“How do doughnuts sound?”
“Perfect.”
I smiled thankfully at him and went in the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I hurriedly brushed my teeth and jumped in the shower. It felt good to just stand under the water with it running down my back. My thoughts started to drift back to Brendon.
I knew it was wrong to even consider your best friend in any romantic way ever but I just couldn’t help it. Last night he came to my rescue like a knight in shining armor whisking me away to safety. And now this morning, I never noticed how kissable his lips were. No I scolded myself, you can’t think of him like that. As soon as you settle this situation with Daniel you’re leaving. Leaving Brendon and his bed. No more waking up in his arms. It was just a onetime thing, don’t get attached.
“Ellie I’m going to Dunkin’ Doughnuts, do you want the caramel iced coffee as usual” Brendon asked through the door, pulling me away from my thoughts.
“Yeah that sounds good” I called back.
I heard the jingle as he grabbed his keys. His footsteps led out the room, and then the front door slammed. Then I was alone. I stayed under the stream until the water started to loose heat, then I washed quickly with Brendon’s soap and got out. When I stepped out I grabbed Brendon’s towel that was on the rack and wrapped it around myself. I made a mental note to ask him where he kept all the towels.
Getting dressed didn’t take long, figuring I had limited choices. So I just pick a pair of jeans a camisole and I put back on the shirt Brendon gave me. I found a hair tie in my purse so I put my hair up in a wet messy bun.
Bored and since I didn’t know when Brendon would get back I ventured in to the living room. I turned on the TV, and searched through the channels trying to find something to watch. I had settled with some Lifetime movie about a teen trying to turn her life around. I had curled up on the couch tucking my legs beneath me and leaned back.
It was about half way through the movie when I heard a car door slam outside. I went to the window and pulled back the curtains slightly. And sure enough it was Brendon. He had his hands full with a cardboard cup holder and a doughnut box. I rushed outside to help him.
“Let me take this” I offered, reaching out to take the coffee.
“Thanks” he said, handing it to me.
We spread out our breakfast out on the kitchen table and dug in.
“I got you your favorite” Brendon told me as he opened up the box.
“Yum, strawberry icing and sprinkles” I said as I picked one out.
“So what are you planning to do today?” Brendon asked grabbing his own doughnut.
“I thought I would call a taxi, head back to my apartment to get my bike and the rest of my stuff.”
“You weren’t planning to go by yourself, were you?”
“Yeah, why not?” I asked, taking a bite out of my pastry.
“Oh I don’t know, maybe because there is a ragging psychopath there” he said in a matter of factory tone.
“Bren, stop worrying I’m pretty sure that Daniel has calmed down by now.”
“Okay I don’t think you’re getting it Daniel is dangerous,” he looked me in the eyes and continued, only this time his voice was low and serious, “I’m not letting you go there by yourself. If you’re going I’m going with you.” He held my gaze. His chocolaty brown eyes bored in to my emerald green ones.
“Fine,” I agreed, “but only because I need your car to put my bags in.”
Brendon rolled his eyes thinking that I didn’t get it. But I got exactly what he was saying. Daniel was dangerous, and probably angry. God only knew how violent he would get when we got there.
___
Brendon and I pulled in to a parking space right in front of the building. And just as I had expected Daniel’s car was only a few spaces down the street. I stepped out the car slowly.
“C’mon you have nothing to be scared about I’m right here with you,” Brendon assured me, “if he even tries to get within five feet of you I will beat the living shit out of him.”
I smiled a weak smile. Our plan was to just walk in pack my things and walk out. Brendon told me not even to look at Daniel. All I had to do was go in the closet get as much of my things I could fit in to the suit cases and go, because he would keep Daniel away from me.
Going in to the old building felt different. Even though I probably typed in the numerical code in to that same key pad a hundred times I knew it would be last time. So it was hard to press seven at the end, my fingers trembled with sad and happy memories. But I did press it because I knew that this was for the better. So when the door buzzed granting us access, I swung it open with confidence.
We walked up to the elevator and Brendon press the ‘up’ button. We had to wait a brief second before the car came down to the first floor. When the doors opened I hesitated slightly. Brendon wrapped his arm around my waist forcing me forward.
My stomach was tossing and turning. I knew that Brendon was there to protect me but I also knew that Daniel wasn’t going to let me leave easily.
This wasn’t the first time that I had tried to leave. My first attempt was a few weeks ago. I had left when he was at work but he had come home early that day and caught me in the stairwell because the elevator was broken. That night I had went to the hospital for a broken nose and two broken ribs. When everyone asked me what had happen I told them that I was mugged. The thing that made me laugh was how the next morning Daniel had presented me with gold locket; it later ended up in a pawn shop.
I hadn’t even noticed that we were in front of my soon to be “old” apartment. Brendon looked at me and made sure I wasn’t going to go running and screaming down the hall. But I put on a fearless face that assured him that I was going to keep strong no matter what. He knocked sharply on the door twice. There was silence for a minute, and then there was movement behind the door.
Brendon shifted so he stood in front of me, but slightly off to the side.so he was blocking me but still gave me a view around him.
Daniel opened the door. He looked like he had sobered up. He had showered and changed in to a t-shirt and clean jeans.
“Hey Brendon, looks like you found Ellie. Man I’ve been worried sick about her all morning. I was two seconds from calling the police.” He was putting on a show. His voice sounded concerning and his smile said he cared. But I knew better and so did Brendon.
“I didn’t find her I was called to come and get her,” Brendon smiled threateningly “yeah I know everything.”
An expression of fear seemed to flicker on Daniel’s face. “Hey how about you come in and we can talk this out.”
Brendon led the way, making sure to always stay between me and Daniel. When were inside Brendon turned towards me and whispered in my ear. “Go straight to the bedroom and pack. I’ll keep him out here.”
I nodded and did as I was told. My feet moved quickly to the back bedroom. And when I got in I closed the door. I rushed in to my closet and grabbed all three of my suit cases. I laid them out one by one on the bed. First I started with my closet, dumping everything that was mine in there. I zipped that one up. From there I just started to dump everything together, filling a bag then moving on. I wanted to get out of here as fast as possible. I was starting to hear Brendon and Daniel yelling.
Next I moved to the bathroom shoving my products in a beauty bag. I was almost done with cleaning out the shower, the door opened. Daniel came bursting in. His face was flushed with anger.
“How dare you tell anybody? What goes on between you and me is no one else’s business, especially at pretty-boy asshole” he yelled.
But as if on cue Brendon appeared in the door way. “Ellie are you almost done” he asked totally ignoring Daniel, “do you need help with anything.”
Daniel looked at Brendon then at me. He finally noticed the suit cases on the bed. He started to fume. “Where do you think you’re going?”
“She is coming with me. Not that it concerns you.” Brendon answered for me.
“I don’t think so Ellie is my girlfriend and I say she is staying here.”
Brendon gave him a ‘whatever’ look and said “hey douche-bag, shut the hell up.”
I stepped out of the bathroom and put the last of my things in the third suit case. “I’m ready” I told Brendon. He smiled and pushed past Daniel.
I did the mistake of looking over at Daniel. He stood there, looking defeated, but when he caught my gaze and a sinister smirk took over his lips. The laugh he made caused my blood to run cold. It was so menacing that even Brendon looked up.
“you think that walking out is going to solve all you problems, you think it will just bring you your fairytale dreams,” Daniel sneered, “well honey it’s not. I am the best you will ever have. No man will ever love you. You are filth, and a slut.”
Brendon zipped up my last bag and grabbed the handle. “Ellie let’s go.” His voice was shaking and his grip one the handle was tense, turning his knuckles bone white.
His temper was rising. You could just feel the fury build up inside him. I knew if I didn’t do something he would blowup. So I slung one bag over my shoulder and snatched the other one in my hand. We walked out the room in a heated pace.
“I should have known” Daniel continued his bullying, following us, “the two of you were screwing each other. I mean Brendon here is a rock star. He has been with plenty of whores and you just fit the bill…” he was cut off of his rant by a sickening crunch.
I turned around to see him staggering back with his hands covering his face. Brendon was no longer next to me but a few paces back with a drawn fist.
“Don’t you ever fucking talk to her like, you son of a bitch.” The next blow hit Daniel in the stomach. “Ellie is more than anything you deserve.”
I grabbed Brendon’s arm and pulled him back. “Bren stop, he’s not worth it.” I wasn’t yelling I talked in only a whisper. I could yell at him for it, of course not. After what Daniel did to me I wanted for him to hurt as much as I did. But no matter how much pain he was in it didn’t heal the wounds I had.


(thanks for reading guys. i really appreciate it but i feel like i should end it with the next chapter. please tell me if i should make long or if i should end it soon)


Sign up to rate and review this story