Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Headfirst for Halos

Its not the end of the world(but I can see it from here)

by SimplexMinded 3 reviews

ā€œIā€™m not like him. I never will be.ā€

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Horror - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-22 - Updated: 2012-07-23 - 3007 words

0Unrated
Gerard stood over his father’s dead body, covered in blood clutching his shoulder. Valon was curled on the floor, blood on her neck and mouth, her wings torn and eyes wide open. The battle had been quick but bloody. Lucifer never saw them coming as the quietly snuck though the window armed with knifes and power. Valon’s eyes were black as night as she gripped his neck, claws digging into his flesh causing his eyes to shoot open out of their rest. Gerard slashed his face gaining his attention as he launched forward, throwing Valon across the room. The two fought, trashing the room and ended with Gerard being pinned against the wall with his father gripping his throat.

“So sad. I had such high hopes for you Gerard.” Lucifer leaned in and spoke, spitting in Gerard’s face as he did so.

Gerard struggled, glaring at his father. “You never had anything for me but hate! You sent me to kill her in hopes I would loose!” He growled, snarling at the man that pinned him to the wall.

Lucifer frowned. “I guess your right, you never were anything more than a mistake. Too much like your mother. So much so that you shall even die like her!”

Gerard growled again “What? In pride protecting her son!?”

“No.” He threw Gerard against the floor “Naked and screaming for me to stop!”

Gerard gasped. “You would rape your own son?!?! You fucking….”

“No, not rape you. Make YOU rape your little girlfriend.” He grinned, grabbing Gerard’s hair and throwing him on top of Valon. “Then I’m going to kill you both.”

Gerard spit back. “Fuck you!” He pushed himself off the floor and swung his hand up, scratching Lucifer in the face. He growled, punching Gerard back. Gerard stumbled back to regain his composure but not before Lucifer had him pinned to the wall again this time snarling and baring his teeth. “You worthless, ungrateful fucking shit! I gave you everything! You had an entire world at your feet and you throw it away for this bitch?!?”

“I’m not throwing away the world.” Gerard spoke in a low, threatening voice. “Just you.”

Lucifer’s eyes grew wide as Gerard shoved his hand through his chest, pulling out his heart. He watched as his father’s body fell to the floor in a bloody mess, Gerard himself covered in blood. It was over….it was finally over.



Gerard’s Prov

I gasped for air as I stumbled over my father’s dead body in an attempt to get to Valon. Her eyes were wide open but her wings were broken and she was covered in blood. Her shoulder had been impaled by a statue when my father threw her across the room. “V…V please talk to me.” I dropped to my knees, fighting back the tears.

“V….you can’t die…please I need you here. With me!” My arms wrapped around her, bringing her limp body into a hug. “V….”

“Gee?”

My eyes grew wide and I was choking back a smile. Valon looked up at me through half lidded eyes. She looked so broken. “V…I’m here. I’m right here!”

“Gee….I tried…”

“No, no V! We won! He’s dead! Its ok now…..its all over! I’m guna get you out of here and your going to be ok! I promise.”

Valon smiled and passed out in my arms. I picked her up bridal style just as the door burst open to reveal the guards that were outside the door. They’re black eyes grew wide at the scene in front of them. “My lord what has happened here?”

I glared at them, baring my teeth. “I killed my father. Now leave before I kill you as well.”

They quickly nodded, bowing their heads and rushing out of the room. I carried Valon down the hall and into Mikey’s room where Alicia sat, looking at my sleeping brother. She jumped when I kicked the door open and gasped when she saw the bloody Valon in my arms. She rushed over and helped me set her down on the bed next to Mikey.

“Help me get her clothes off. I need to see how bad the wound is.”

I nodded, ripping the fabric around her shoulder to reveal that the statue had gone all the way through. The bone was shattered and the flesh was beyond repair.

“Oh god….this is bad Master Way. The bone is shattered and I don’t have the medical supplies needed to repair it.”

I growled, clenching my fists but relaxed when I saw Alicia tense up in slight fear. “What do you need to save her?”

She shook her head. “A hospital for one. We don’t have the tools needed to help her here. We would have to go to the land of the living.”

I looked over at the sleeping Mikey. “Would he make it?”

Alicia nodded. “Yes. He would slow us down but he would make the trip with some time but I don’t know if its time that Valon has.”

There was a pause where no one knew what to decide to do. Lucifer was dead and that meant that I was king of the underworld now. I felt my hands get hot and saw Alicia’s eyes start to gain fear into them. I didn’t want to leave Mikey here because I knew there wold be some demons that would want revenge for their kinds death. I knew the doors I had just opened and feared that would take my absence as a sign of weakness and kill my little brother in his. I wanted so badly to be with Valon but I knew where I needed to be and the thought broke my heart. “Take Valon to the land of the living, I will stay here and deal with what I had done.”

I knew my hands were aflame, my claws grown out and my eyes were black. Alicia nodded quickly, rushing over to the passed out Valon and pulling her to her feet. Her bloody limp body was too much for Alicia and she whimpered when Valon was dropped back onto the bed. I watched with worried eyes, standing back facing the door. “I’ll be back.”

Without giving them time to react, I swung open the door, slamming it shut behind me. The guards in the hallway bowed their horned heads as I walked passed them, not sparing them a second glance. I made my way passed the doors and down several stairs into the dungon which contained several creature chained to the wall looking more like skeletons than bodies. Some of them lifted their head, eyes filled with hope at seeing a new face while others knew who I was and chose it was best to ignore me. An old woman chained to the wall at the end of the room kept her head down as I made my way over to her, standing above her looking down.

“Elvira.”

The woman shifted her head to look up at me, her arms chained above her. Her eyes showed fire, even though her battered body was weak. “What is it you want boy?”

I growled, hand reaching out to grasp her throat, teeth bore in her face. “Don’t play games with me woman. You know what I want.”

Elvira sighed, closing her eyes before reopening them to look at me with a sad smile. “I do however there is nothing I can do for her. She is not of my world.”

The chains around her wrists cluncked around, making ching sounds against the shackles as I slammed her back against the wall. She whimpered, shutting her eyes in pain and gasping out loud. “That’s bullshit and you know it!”

“I will not serve him! I am a woman of god! Not you!” Her eyes flared with fight and defiance.

“I may not be but she is!” My voice was dark and low, holding my glare with the woman chained to the wall. Then I loosened my grip slightly, crouching down so I was eye level with her and whispering so only she could hear. “Please….I love her.”

Elvira looked at me, reading my eyes and most likely my mind as well. I was trying to hold back the tears, refusing to break the walls I had built in font of the prisoners. My hands let go of her throat and they moved to the shackles that were tearing into her skin. In one swift motion, the chains fell to the floor in a loud crash causing everyone in the dungeon to look over in shock. “I’m not like him.”

I picked the woman up with ease, ignoring the wide eyes that followed me out of the rotten walled room and up the stairs. We made it back into the room that held Mikey and Valon and I set Elvira down, making sure she was steady before letting go of her sides. She looked up at me hesitantly before looking down at Valon, assessing the damage. Alicia took a step back, looking up at me unsure what to do. I could tell she wanted to ask me who this woman was but she was afraid it wasn’t her place. While I was not overly obsessed with power, I enjoyed that I was above her and she knew it. I felt vindictive standing next to her, knowing that she would do whatever I told her but I had to shake my head clear of those thoughts. I was not like my father. I was not cruel and evil. I heard Elvira whispering words, which I presumed to be Latin, however didn’t understand. Latin was a guardian language. A glow grew from her hands and around Valon’s shoulder as the room got much colder causing a shiver down my spine. I saw Alicia shiver and wrap her arms around herself. I noticed that she was also still in the torn rags that seemed to be clothes to her so I made my way over to the closet, keeping my eyes on Valon and Elvira, grabbing a long black jacket and walking back over to her. She looked up at me in confusion as I placed the jacket over her exposed and dirty shoulders before smiling and wrapping it around her body fully.

“Thank you.” She whispered softy, her eyes on the floor.

I nodded, crossing my arms over my chest keeping my eyes on what was going on in front of me. Elvira was sitting with her hands pressed against Valon’s shoulder, eyes closed still whispering in Latin. Valon’s wings were fading from their normal grey color to a pure white, the blood on them disappearing as her eyes opened wide but not looking at anything. Suddenly all the light was gone and Valon was motionless on the bed, eyes closed again.

Elvira stood up and walked over to me, looking as defiant as ever. I momentarily wondered why my father had even kept her alive. “She is of both worlds.”

I nodded. “Yes, I know.”

“She has powers far beyond her awareness. You intend to use this.” Her old eyes held hate and disgust.

“Not anymore. Don’t act like you know of my intentions with her.” My eyes flared with anger, and I could feel my teeth growing into fangs.

“Ah, but I do. It is you who are unaware of your intentions. Was it not you who left her, knowing she would make it this far to get you back? Was it not you who let her aid you in the death of your father, an event that caused her current state? This is your fault Way.” She held my gaze, clearly not afraid of me, which astounded me to no end.

“Get out.” I growled, Alicia looking nervous to my side.

Elvira chuckled. “You think you are not, but you are just like your father. Angry over the truth that you don’t want to hear.”

I screamed, gripping her neck and slamming her against the wall, teeth bared and snarling. My eyes were solid black, wings spread wide showing her my power. “Gee….”

My head shot to the side to see Valon sitting up, looking confused and slightly terrified. My grip loosed, eyes drifting back to their normal hazel and I set the old woman down gently. I looked down at her, eyes filled with regret before half running over to Valon and pulling her into a hug. “V….”

Valon was tense under my hug but loosed up, soon hugging me back. “Gee…..what happened?”

“the fight….you were thrown and I thought you were…..E…Elvira she….and I was…..” I couldn’t find my words, tears forming in the corners of my eyes. I wasn’t used to this emotion. I wasn’t used to the feeling of worry. So much worry it hurt.

“We won?”

I nodded with a smile. “yeah….we won.”

I had forgotten we were being watched by a slave and a prisoner, pulling Valon into a kiss. My lips worked with hers, my hands on the side of her face while her fingers laced in my black hair. It felt so good to just kiss her again. Not in a lustful way but just to hold her, feel her against my chest and in my arms and I wondered if she felt the same. I knew while love was something I had never felt before, this is what it was felt like. Valon pulled back, smiling and leaving her forehead against mine.

“Gee?”

“Yeah?” I loved that she called me that. I had my own nickname.

“Thank you.” She rolled her head to the side to burry her face in my neck catching me off guard. “I didn’t think you would……”

My heart broke. She didn’t need to finish the sentence to tell me what she thought. She didn’t think I would care. I left her.

She cleared her throat, jumping thoughts. “So.” She looked up at me with a smirk. “I guess this means you’re the new lord of the underworld hu?”

Her words hit me like a ton of bricks. Lord of the Underworld. My eyes grew wide and I lookd down at her. “I guess I am……fuck.”

She laughed. “What?”

“I didn’t think about that.”

She laughed, pushing off of me and swinging her legs over the edge of the bed before trying to stand up. Her hands went out to her sides and in one swift motion, she was falling to the ground, my arms around her before she hit the floor. “Guess I can’t walk yet….”

“You lost a lot of blood. Come on.” I picked her up bridal style, and carried her to the door ignoring the looks I was getting from both Elvira and Alicia. Valon wrapped her arms my neck even though she knew I wasn’t going to drop her. I carried her though the stone hallway and into my room before placing her on my red sheeted bed softly. “You need to rest.”

I turned to leave when she grabbed my arm, looking up at me sadly. “Don’t leave.”

I smiled, kneeling down to kiss her. “I have to go check on Mikey and take care of a few things. Go to sleep and I promise when you wake up, my arms will be wrapped around your waist ok?” She smiled, nodded and quickly drifted off the sleep.

I made my way back into Mikey’s room to find Elvira and Alicia still standing off to the side and I sighed, not sure what to do with them.

“What are you going to do with us?” Elvira asked, as if reading my mind.

I sighed, “I have no idea.”

“You could always let us go.” Alica spoke, getting a shocked look from Elvira at hher words. I chuckled however, finding her new personality likeable.

“I could but then you wouldn’t have an excuse to be around him would you?” I smirked, motioning to Mikey, my smirk widening when Alicia blushed. “He likes you too ya know? Elvira, may I have a word with you outside? Alicia, don’t leave his side.”

Alicia nodded, walking over and sitting down next to the bed while I took Elvira out into the hallway. She eyed me but kept quiet all the same. “Here is my delema. I let you go, you run back to the big guy in white and tell him I have Valon. He finds my new found power to be a threat, reading into something that isn’t there and starts a war to get her back. However, I don’t want to keep you down in that dungeon so as a way to show my gratitude for saving Valon, I will set you up with a room here, you will still be under watch but have free roam of the commonly used areas. Meals, clothing, as much as I can provide. Deal?”

Elvira looked up at me, unsure what to think of my proposal. “Alright, I’ll accept that however I do have a question if I am entitled that that.”

I nodded. “Of coarse.”

“When will I be released?”

I sighed. I should have known she would ask that. “When Valon is able to escort you home and ensure the prevention of a war.”

Elvira nodded. “Agreed.”

"I will have a room set up later, for now, you will stay with Alicia."

With that, I walked away, eyes set on the hallway that led to my room. When i got there, i quietly opened the door and laid down next to Valon, wrapping my arms around her waist so that when she woke up, i would be right as I promised.
Sign up to rate and review this story