Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Porcelain Doll

Sparks Fly

by MyNomDePlume 5 reviews

As soon as his fingers met Brendon’s skin, it was like fireworks began popping between them.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Published: 2012-07-24 - Updated: 2012-07-24 - 729 words

1Ambiance
This is my last update before I leave! I'm leaving for camp in about 16 hours, so if you review or anything after then I won't see it until August 21. I'm gonna miss you guys soooooooooooooooooooo much!
See ya later, Ficwaddians and I hope you like this!
- Liz



"Did you like it, babe?"

Brendon nodded slowly, just like he did a year ago. He knew that this was only a bad dream, but it felt so real. Luckily, he could tell that he was nearing the end of the nightmare. He waited for the loud snoring to drag him back into reality. The snoring came, but it wasn't loud at all; it was soft and gentle, completely unlike Derek. Something was not right.


Brendon's eyes snapped open to see someone sleeping next to him. That face was vaguely familiar, and Brendon seemed to remember that his name was Ryan. All he remembered from last night was getting completely wasted at a local bar. Did he hook up with this guy?

Brendon scrambled out of what must've been the stranger's bed. This roused Ryan, causing him to wake up and notice Brendon leaving.

"Wait!"

But Brendon was already at the front door, fumbling with the lock. Ryan jumped out of the bed and raced over to him. He slammed himself against the door and pushed Brendon off lightly.

"Just... Wait... A minute," Ryan gasped.

"I want to leave. Now." Brendon folded his arms over his chest stubbornly.

"Let me at least make you coffee." Ryan had caught his breath and was speaking normally now.

"No. I don't even know you! I'll get my own coffee at Starbucks or something."

"Fine, but let me buy it for you," Ryan offered desperately. He wanted to stay with Brendon as long as he could because he knew that once he said goodbye, he would never see the stranger again. Before he could change his mind, he added, "I don't know you either, but I'd really like to."

Brendon saw a glimmer of determination in Ryan's eyes and quickly realized that he wouldn't be giving up anytime soon.

"Whatever. Let's get this over with. But as soon as the coffee is done, I'm leaving." Behind his indifferent exterior, Brendon was secretly hoping that it would last far longer than a cup of coffee. He didn't know what it was, but the thought of spending another hour with Ryan made his heart skip a beat. Maybe they could be friends or something. That wouldn’t be so bad.



"Not to be nosy, but what brought you to the bar last night?" Ryan inquired before setting the coffees down on their small table.

Brendon shrugged as if that would suffice for an answer.

"Stressed out at work?"

Brendon silently took a big sip of coffee.

"Family issues?"

Another sip and still no answer.

"Girl trouble?"

"It's not of your business," Brendon finally snapped.

"So it is about a girl." Ryan smirked and took a sip of his coffee.

"Far from it," he mumbled bitterly and lowered his eyes.

“Is it a guy then?”

Brendon tensed and glanced up at Ryan. His eyebrows were raised expectantly over his melted caramel eyes. The younger man suddenly felt like someone knocked the air right out of him.

“Wow,” he whispered in awe, his eyes locking with Ryan’s.

“What?” Ryan’s voice snapped him out of his trance. He looked away immediately, color rushing to his cheeks.

“N-nothing,” he stammered before he gulped down the last bit of his coffee and got up to leave, “I should really go. Thanks for the coffee.”

“Wait.” Ryan grabbed his arm in an attempt to stop him.

As soon as his fingers met Brendon’s skin, it was like fireworks began popping between them. He jumped back almost immediately, caught off guard by the tingly feeling that remained on his fingertips.

“D-did you...” Brendon trailed off, eyes wide and jaw threatening to reach the floor.

“Yeah,” Ryan breathed in response.

Brendon sat back down, and to Ryan’s surprise, he grabbed his hand. They could practically see the sparks flying. Ryan felt like he swallowed one of those sparks when he saw the glowing smile on Brendon’s face. It was the most amazing smile he’d ever seen.

“Maybe I can stay for a little while longer.”

Ryan could only nod.
Sign up to rate and review this story