Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Over Time

by Fabulous-Killjoy21 2 reviews

Frank and Gerard are married. It's a short one shot consisting of many time lapses and cheesy fluff. Enjoy! :)

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2012-07-29 - Updated: 2012-07-29 - 2573 words - Complete

1Insightful
"Frankie!" Gerard called. "We're gonna be late!" He sighed, why did Frank always have to take so long getting ready. It was their third wedding anniversary, and if they didn't get out the door soon they'd lose their dinner reservations. "Frank Baby seriously. We have to go."
Frank stumbled out of the bedroom, in jeans and a t-shirt looking as he always does. "Okay, Okay. I'm ready."
Gerard laughed. "It took you an hour to decide on jeans?"
"Shut up. You know I look hot."
Gerard giggled, and kissed his husband's forehead. "Yes you do, come on we have to get to dinner now if were gonna catch the movie."
**
Frank took Gerard's hand across the table when their food had arrived. "Gee?"
"Yeah Sugar?"
Frank grinned and pulled a couple of papers out of his pocket. "Happy Anniversary." He hoped it wasn't too much, and prayed Gerard would like it.
Gerard's eyebrows knitted together as he took them. "What is this?"
"Just read it."
Gerard's eyes widened as he scanned the paper. "These are adoption papers. Babe… do you… you mean?"
"We're getting a baby." Frank beamed. "It'll be about a year before we actually get him… But I know you wanted a little boy."
Gerard teared up as he wrapped his arms around him. "Oh my God Frankie, you're amazing. How… How did you know I wanted this?"
"What are you talking about? You never shut up about what it'd be like to have a kid."
"Oh…"
Frank pecked his lips. "So you like it?"
Gerard grinned. "I love it… Crap you outdid me on presents."
"Don't worry about that. This day's about us. Not about gifts and stuff."
"I love you." Gerard smiled.
Frank laughed and jabbed a piece of ziti with his fork. "And I love this pasta."
"Frankie." Gerard whined.
"Okay." Frank chuckled. "I love you too Gee Baby."
**
Gerard held on to Frank's hand in the movie theatre. "Remind me again why we chose this?"
"It's ghosts and Daniel Radcliffe. What's not to love?"
Gerard scooted closer to him. "The fact that the freaking Woman In Black is making little kids commit suicide."
Frank rolled his eyes and put his arm around him. "It's just a movie Babe."
Gerard crossed his arms. "I know but still."
"We can go if you want."
Gerard sighed and rested his head on Frank's shoulder. "No… Cause now I have to know if Daniel Radcliffe survives."
Frank laughed and kissed Gerard's forehead. "I thought you liked horror movies."
"Yeah. Horror movies. Zombies, and ghosts, and vampires and stuff. Not dead little kids."
"I think you're cute when you're scared."
Gerard smiled. "I'm cute no matter what."
"Sure you are…" Frank grinned.
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"I'm kidding." Frank laughed and pressed his lips against his husband's. "I think you're adorable."
**
Gerard's hands were still shaking when they got back to the house. "What the HELL? Who writes a script like that?!"
Frank giggled. "Gee it's only a movie."
"So? Jesus Christ I'm in my thirties and that thing scarred me for life."
Frank just shook his head and kissed him.
Gerard relaxed a little as he leaned into Frank's touch.
"Better?" Frank asked.
Gerard shook his head. "Not even you can take my mind off that movie Babe." He laughed. "But stay here, I'm gonna go get your present." Gerard walked into the bedroom and returned with a copy of The Umbrella Academy.
Frank walked over to him. "Is that the new one? You said it wasn't coming out 'til next week."
Gerard handed it to him and smiled. "Open it."
Frank did, and beamed when he saw the first page.

Dedicated to Frank Iero
The love of my life, and the best husband I could ever ask for
Happy Anniversary Baby

Frank pulled Gerard towards him so he could press their lips together. "You did this?"
"Yeah…" Gerard blushed. "I was afraid it might be too cheesy… I'll go out and get you something better tomorrow."
"No! Don't. I love this."
"You do?"
Frank kissed his cheek. "Of course I do. It came from you."
**
-- 6 months later --
"Ugh! I can't do this Frankie! I'm not ready!"
Frank grabbed his arm and sat him down on the sofa. "Baby calm down. The Nursery's built, we have all the stuff we need and we still won't have the baby for another month. Just relax."
"I can't relax. What if something goes wrong? What if he doesn't even like me."
"Gee he's a baby, babies love everyone."
Gerard sighed. "I just… I don't know. I'm scared. It's our first kid."
Frank smiled and kissed his temple. "It's okay Gee. But don't worry, it's gonna be great. Okay?"
"Okay Frankie."
**
-- 1 week later --
Frank slammed the door behind him when he came home from work. "Idiots! They're all complete idiots!"
Gerard heard him and ran out of the kitchen. "Aww bad day at work?"
"Yeah." Frank huffed.
Gerard grinned and kissed the side of Frank's neck. "Cheer up Baby, I hate seeing you upset."
"Not now Gee, I'm not in the mood."
"Okay." Gerard sighed. "I made dinner you want some?"
"I'm not really hungry right now."
"Come on Frankie I spent all day on it. Can't you just have a little? For me?"
Frank rolled his eyes. "I'm not hungry right now. I'll eat later."
"But I worked re-"
"Can't you just leave me alone?"
Gerard's eyes watered. "I'm sorry Frankie."
"Oh come on don't do this."
"Do what?"
Frank threw his arms up. "I say one snippy thing, then you act like you're about to cry. So I feel bad, and watch a movie with you."
A small tear ran down Gerard's cheek, and he quickly swiped it away. "These are real, you bastard. I'll be at Mikey's tonight, if you don't want me around." He snapped before walking out the front door, and slamming it behind him.
Frank ran his hand over his face. "Crap…" He opened the door and caught Gerard in the driveway. "Baby come on, I'm sorry."
Gerard scowled and fumbled with his car keys. "Just go away Frank."
"Gee, I'm sorry!"
"I don't care if you're sorry! You think I guilt you into spending time with me when you're upset? I was only trying to cheer you up! You know I hate it when you're upset! I only wanted to make you feel better! But no! I guess I'm just trying to get attention!"
Frank grabbed his arm. "Sweetie, I didn't mean that."
"Then why would you say it to me?" Gerard cried.
Frank took him in his arms and let him cry for a moment. He wiped a tear from Gerard's face as he spoke. "I was just upset. Okay? I really am sorry. I love you Gee, will you please come back inside?"
Gerard looked down and nodded.
Frank led him back into the house and sat him down at the dining room table. "I think I'm hungry now."
**
-- 3 weeks later --
"He's beautiful." Frank smiled at the infant in his arms.
Gerard blinked back tears as he stared down at their son. "I love him." He grinned.
The baby gargled and smiled back up at them, causing Gerard to laugh and insist on getting the camera. "I'll be right back, I just want to get this on tape."
Frank chuckled as the baby grabbed his index finger. "Hurry back."
Gerard ran back into the room with the camcorder. "Hold Miles up so I can see him better."
Frank giggled and did as he was told. "Wave to the camera Miles."
"He's adorable." Gerard beamed. "Welcome home Kiddo."
**
-- 16 years later --
Gerard and Frank had been watching re-runs of Law & Order for the past three hours when Miles ran through the door. There were streaks of eyeliner running up and down his face, and his eyes were pink and swollen from hours of crying.
Frank jumped up off the couch and ran over. "Miles what happened?"
He just shook his head and sobbed into his father's chest. "I don't want to talk about it."
"Son, come on just talk to us." Frank led him over to the couch and sat him next to Gerard.
Gerard swept the hair out of his son's face (he never cared for the bangs) and kept a hand on his shoulder. "Miles, tell us. It's okay."
He sniffed and wiped away one last tear. "The guys at sch-school stole my j-journal. They r-read it out loud to everyone and… and…"
"Shh…" Gerard cooed. "What did it say? You haven't done anything embarrassing… er… not that we know of."
"I… I have a boyfriend." Miles whispered, as if it were something he should be ashamed of. "And now everyone kn-knows."
Frank raised an eyebrow. "What? Why didn't you tell us? Son if you were gay why didn't you just talk to us? We could've helped you."
Gerard shrugged. "I already knew. Frankie I thought you did too."
"What? He told you?"
"No, he's just terrible at deleting his web history." Gerard snickered.
Miles groaned. "Dad."
Gerard coughed. "Sorry."
"Point is. Please please please let me switch schools."
Frank raised an eyebrow. "What? You can't transfer that's letting them win. You just have to show them you don't care."
"But I DO care. You know how many times I was called a faggot today Dad? Fourteen! And people kept shoving me into the lockers and I didn't have any friends to begin with but now they all just hate me! Why can't I go to Riverbend High? It's right across the street, and it's where Ethan goes!"
Gerard sighed. "Tell you what. We'll talk to the principal about it and if things don't get better we'll think about it okay? Is Ethan your…"
Miles sniffed and nodded. "Yeah… and the staff at his school is really strict and he says no one ever harasses him there…"
Frank frowned. "We'll look into it I guess."
"Thanks Dad."
"No problem. But for God's sake bring this boy home we want to meet him!"
Gerard laughed, and Miles blushed. "I'll bring him home after school tomorrow."
**
-- The Next Day --
The next day Miles took on the same entrance as he had the day before. He immediately ran upstairs sobbing, but with someone else with him this time. "Miles! Come on it's okay!" The other boy sighed, and looked over at Frank and Gerard. "Oh! I'm sorry uhh… Hi, I'm Ethan."
Gerard grinned as he shook his hand. "Great to meet you this is my husband Frank." He gestured to Frank, who waved. "So uhh… What happened?"
Ethan bit his lip. "Someone spray painted the word fag on his car."
Frank stepped forward. "What? In the school parking lot?"
"Yeah, we don't know who. But he's really upset, I'm gonna go talk to him. Nice meeting you." Ethan ran upstairs, leaving Frank and Gerard alone.
Gerard grabbed Frank's hand and squeezed it. "What are we going to do?"
Frank flicked his hair out of his face and sighed. "I don't know, but maybe we should really think about sending him to that other school. I mean we can't keep him where he is. He's miserable."
"I guess we could check it out…"
Gerard sighed. "I'm just worried about him. I mean remember how people treated us in high school? It's going to be ten times worse for him, with the internet and everything."
Frank wrapped an arm around his waist, and kissed his temple. "We'll just have to be there for him."
**
Ethan could hear Miles sobbing through the bedroom door. "Miles, come on it's just me. Let me in."
The door swung open, and Miles tugged Ethan inside. "Why is this happening?" He sobbed.
"Oh Sweetie…" Ethan wrapped an arm around his waist and sat him down on the bed. "Miles, things will get better."
"How?! Everyone hates me…"
"That's not true." He turned Miles' head so he could look straight at him. "I love you."
"You do?"
"Of course I do. Miles, my Dad walked out on me when I came out ,you and my mom are all I have. I love you more than anything."
He smiled. "I love you too."
"Feel better?"
Miles nodded. "Thanks."
**
-- 2 months later --
"Frankie?" Gerard whispered.
Frank looked over from his spot on the couch. "Yeah?"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course… Is something wrong?"
Gerard grinned. "No… But… Frankie I want another baby."'
Frank leaned over and kissed Gerard's lips. "You're so cute."
"Frankie I'm serious."
Frank pulled back. "Oh… Sweetie I don't know… We just transferred Miles to another school and… Gee, I don't know if I want another kid."
"Why not? Frankie, Miles will be moving out in the next two years. I really want this."
Frank sighed. "Gee come on. Wouldn't it be nice to have the house to ourselves again? We love our son more than anything, but when he moves out we could finally have some time to ourselves."
"We'd still have time to ourselves Babe, why don't you want to do this?"
"I just don't! Doesn't what I want matter?"
"Of course it does but-"
"Gee please. Just stop. I don't want to have another baby."
"Whatever Frank." Gerard huffed. "I'm going to bed."
**
-- The Next Day --
Gerard grinned when Frank came home from work the next day. "Frankie! Come here!"
Frank sighed and came over to him. "What is it?"
Gerard handed him a picture of a little baby girl, she was small and looked like a newborn. "She's up for adoption at the orphanage downtown. Frank will you please just think about it?"
Frank scowled and handed the picture back. "I told you I don't want to adopt another baby."
"But Frankie, her parents abandoned her come on. We'd be doing the right thing, why can't you do this?"
"I don't want another kid! What's wrong with the family we have now?"
Gerard rolled his eyes. "Nothing! I love you. I love Miles, what's so wrong about bringing one more thing into this." He leaned down and picked up the picture where Frank had dropped it. "Just look at her Frankie. Please? The website says she has really low chances of being adopted. Will you please just think about it?"
Frank sighed. "Okay I'll think about it. But only to see you happy okay?"
"Thank you. I love you?" Gerard grinned.
Frank gave a small smile. "Love you too."
**
-- 2 days later --
Gerard pulled his shirt off and flopped down on the bed next to Frank. "Have you decided?"
Frank kissed his forehead and slid down so his head was resting on his chest. "About what?"
"The baby!"
"Oh yeah." Frank chuckled. "I still don't think we should but… you really want this don't you?"
Gerard nodded.
"Then I guess we can."
Gerard squealed and pressed their lips together. "I love you. Thank you so much! You're going to love her when you meet her."
He rolled his eyes. "Of course I'll love her, she's my soon to be daughter."
"That's not what I meant."
Frank laughed and kissed the tip of his nose. "I know. Come on let's go to sleep, I have to get up early for work."
Gerard smiled and wrapped his arms around Frank's shoulders. "Okay. Goodnight Frankie."
"Night Gee."
Sign up to rate and review this story