Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Mine

by Cephalanthus 0 reviews

A little character piece on my favourite villain. Set during/immediately after the Fifth Laboratory incident.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Greed - Published: 2005-06-01 - Updated: 2005-06-02 - 318 words - Complete

4Insightful
The air seemed to hit him in the face as he stepped outside, and for a moment he just stopped, closed his eyes and /breathed/. It was rich with new scents-- people and animals and food, stone and metal and the earth itself, heavily tainted with the sweet smell of destruction from the building behind him.

He could almost taste the absence of walls around him.

He lifted his arms lazily and stretched, reveling in the simple ability to move-- feeling his muscles flex and the cool, liquid flow of his shield below his skin. He made a fist, and opened his eyes to watch the surface of it turn black and hard. Then he threw his head back and laughed.

Somewhere-- below, to the left, still invisible in the darkness-- someone moved in heavy military boots. One of the chimerae gathered behind him-- his chimerae-- took a step forward, but he waved them back. He and his people would be long gone before any human soldier could catch up. There would be time to play with them at a later date.

A gesture sent his chimerae ranging out around and ahead of him, but he hesitated before following. From his vantage point he could see the lights of the city, could imagine the lives that gathered around them.

So many years, locked away. How many? Enough that everything he'd had before was gone, certainly, and that cut a dull pain into his gut. But still-- there was a whole new world, now, just waiting to be claimed, just waiting for him to make it--

"Mine," Greed hissed.

A grin tried to spread across his face, and he let it. He drew in one more deep breath, and let it come out in an open-mouthed sigh that was more than half growl.

Tucking his hands into his pockets, Greed strolled off after his chimerae, disappearing into the darkness.
Sign up to rate and review this story