Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy

Calm Before The Storm

by atomickilljoy 2 reviews

It's Piper's wedding day.(One-shot)

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-31 - Updated: 2012-11-10 - 1165 words - Complete

-1TrainWreck
Entirely fictional! None of this is really, except for Fall Out Boy and the song Calm Before The Storm. I only own Piper Stump!!!

My wedding day has finally arrived. I was beyond excited. I was marrying the love of my life, my older brother's best friend, MY best friend. Pete Wentz. I, Piper Stump, younger sister of Patrick Stump, was going to be the bride of Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz III, as nerdy as mentioning that name sounds.

"You look beautiful, sis." Patrick said, walking in.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I had my black hair, that I had gotten from my grandfather's genes, in curls. I was wearing my new strapless wedding dress that was the most beautiful thing I've ever laid eyes on. I was wearing my old converses, despite my mother's protests, and I was wearing my favorite blue bracelet that my best friend, Kayla gave me when we were in 6th grade. In my hair, there was a pin that Kayla loaned me. I looked ok, at least.

"Thanks Pat" I said,trying not to let tears pour out.

"Aww sis. Don't cry. I'll get you out of the wedding!" he piped up. I laughed.


"No Pat. I'm happy".

Patrick smiled.

"Ok sis. You only have 30 minutes left, so relax a bit. You're early. They're playing some of your favorite songs...Fall Out Boy songs" he grinned.

"You are SO conceded, Patrick. " I said, rolling my eyes.

"Awww I love you, too Piper!" Patrick exclaimed. I laughed.

"Ok, Pat. I'm nervous, so now, I have to pee!" I said. I was really nervous. I mean REALLY nervous.

"Alright sis. I'll be outside of the church with Joe and Andy. Love ya, sis."

I smiled

"Love ya, too, Pat".

"And sis?"

"Yeah, Pat?"

"You look really beautiful"

"Thanks Pat"

He left the room.

**

As I left the room to find a bathroom, I heard lyrics from the album "Evening Out With Your Girlfriend" and smiled. It reminded me of the days when I would hang out in Pete's basement, listening to them practice. My favorite song started:

I sat outside my front window...this story's going somewhere:
"He's well hung," and I am hanging up.
Well there's a song on the radio that says:
"Let's get this party started."
So let's get this party started.


I smiled at the memories,but was focused on finding that bathroom. I saw a room that looked like a bathroom. I decided to check it out. I heard moaning coming from inside. As I was about to walk away, I heard someone moan "Ohhhh Pete". No. Not MY Pete.

What you do on your own time's just fine.
My imagination's much worse, I just never want to know.
What meant the world imploded, faded and demoted
All my oxygen to product gas and suffocated my last chance


I decided to go back and open the door. Hell, it's my wedding anyways, so why not?

You said, between your smiles and regrets: "Don't say it's over."
Dead and gone. Dead and gone.
Calm before the storm set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight.
A reception less than warm set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight.


I opened the door. There, covered in sweat, fucking my best friend, was Pete. My Pete.

"Piper!" he said as he straightened up and lifted his pants back up.

"It's not what it looks like!"

I looked at him. He not only betrayed his now ex-girlfriend. He betrayed an old friend. I ran out into the hallway.

The next time the phone can wring my neck it gets no answer
and of the time that I've spent telling it my roots
I'm shaking in my boots
But still it looks at me like an old friend I've betrayed
the darkside of the doormat is the one your shoes have frayed


"Piper! Wait, please! Don't leave me! Please, I didn't mean to do it" Pete shouted as he ran after me.

"What's wrong?" Patrick said, walking in. "I heard shouti- why are you crying sis?"

I ignored him since I was crying at this point. I turned around to face Pete.

"I stopped caring about what you did and didn't mean to do when I caught you fucking my best friend, Kayla." Kayla appeared behind Pete, sweaty, wearing a smug look on her face.

"This was bound to happen. He just wasn't satisfied" Kayla said, with an annoying smirk on her face.

"We're over as friends Kayla! " I shouted, as she walked away.

Patrick soon got over the shock of what I had said earlier.

"What...WHAT?!" Patrick shouted. Joe and Andy held Patrick back, his face red with anger.

Patrick yelled every insult in the book. He had had a hard enough time adjusting to Pete and I dating.

"-AND YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD NEVER HURT HER-" Patrick shouted, while Pete just took it. I was crying harder now. I didn't care what he did anymore.

What you do on your own time's just fine.
My imagination's much worse, I just never want to know.
What meant the world imploded, inflated then demoted.
All my oxygen to product gas and suffocated my last chance.


Pete looked at me.

"Please Piper. Don't say it's over."

"Our relationship is dead and gone. Dead and gone" I shot back.

Pete was crying by now. It took me everything I had not to kiss him and forgive him. I hated seeing him hurt, but he hurt me first.
Don't do it. I thought. Don't you dare forgive him

You said, between your smiles and regrets: "Don't say it's over."
Dead and gone. Dead and gone.
Calm before the storm set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight.
A reception less than warm set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight.


Patrick looked at me, his face still red. He softened his look.

"Come on sis. Let's go back to my apartment. I have enough junk food to last us an eternity."

I nodded. I looked back at Pete, who was on the floor bawling. Something about thinking about Kayla and him made me angry. I threw my ring at him.

"Dead and gone, Pete. Dead and gone."

Calm before the storm set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight.
A reception less than warm set it off, and the sun burnt out tonight.
Tonight
Sun burnt out
The sun burnt out tonight


I heard the music blast. I saw was Pete on both knees in front of the church.

"Please don't leave.." he whispered.

"Goodbye, Pete." I whispered back. I got in Patrick's car with Patrick, feeling like shit. As we pulled away from the church, I saw Pete on the sidewalk, crying.

This was really it.

The sun burnt out tonight

Or is it? I love making stories including my characters, so you might be seeing more of Piper in the future! Thanks for reading!
Sign up to rate and review this story