Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Never Told You What I Do For A Living

Can I Meet You Alone?

by KilljoyOnFire 2 reviews

They gave us two shots to the side of the head... Well, more like two kicks to the side of the head.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-31 - Updated: 2012-08-01 - 496 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5

April 3rd, 2012

9:13 A.M

Ray Toro’s POV

A good thing about having long, curly hair is that you can easily hide earbuds underneath it. Mr. Saich hasn’t noticed a thing since school started.

“I’m just a poor boy, I need no sympathy…” Freddie Mercury croons to me as I absent-mindedly doodle on my algebra homework. I mouth the words to the song as I draw.

My friend Bob taps on my shoulder. I take out one earbud and twist around in my seat. “Yeah?”

“I can hear your music from here.” Bob says. “Awesome song. Brian May is a god.”

“He totally is.” I agree.

And that’s when we hear the first gunshot.

Everyone knows how a fire drill goes down. You have to be quiet, leave your things behind, and file outside in an orderly manner.

But this is no fire drill. People are screaming and running out the door as if the desks had turned to lava. Even Mr. Saich is sprinting for the hallway. A few students are crouching under their desks with their arms over their heads, like we’d been taught to do in the case of an earthquake. I’m glued to my seat, unsure of where to go. I don’t know what the hell is happening. A second gunshot rings out, making me jump out of my seat. Somebody dashes past me so fast that I fall to the floor and fall hard on my arm. Pain shoots through the limb and I cry out.

From my awkward sideways angle on the floor, I see a pair of shoes navigating their way throughout the classroom. I hear the sound of a gun being loaded, and I suddenly realize that I’m alone. Bob ditched the second we heard the gunshot. It’s only me and this dude. I watch the shoes from underneath half-closed eyes, pretending to be unconscious. The shoes are beat-up red Converse with light gray laces. Where have I seen these shoes before?

They’re Mikey’s shoes. My heart begins to pound as they move closer. Suddenly, Mikey is squatting beside me. He rolls me onto my back. There’s no time to close my eyes. He knows I’m awake. I shake violently as Mikey traces my throat with the gun. It’s warm from the last gunshot.

“M-Mikey.” I whisper. “Why?”

“Mama, just killed a man….” my iPod is still going.

Mikey just stares at me blankly. Does he even know what he’s doing?

“Goodnight, Ray.” he finally says. He stands up.

I feel him deliver a sharp, hard kick to the side of my head and the world goes fuzzy. A second kick and the world disappears altogether.

--
These chapters are short, I know, but they'll start to get longer soon. This Is The Best Day Ever will be updated soon, I promise! Hopefully tomorrow, even tonight if my brain starts working properly again. >.<
Sign up to rate and review this story