Categories > Original > Horror

Vengeance

by FaceOfYourNightmares 1 review

What if I told you all your fears will come true?

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres:  - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-07-31 - Updated: 2012-08-01 - 1150 words - Complete

2Ambiance

Here's my first story. It could be considered a Creepypasta, but it's up to the readers to decide if it's Pasta-worthy. Feel free to tell me what you think, and enjoy.


I had been lying there for hours. My eyes were probably bloodshot by then... I had pissed off my girlfriend and most of my friends earlier, I couldn't trust anyone, and I was probably on the brink of pushing everyone that actually cared away, but I didn't care anymore. I was worthless to them anyways. I wiped my eyes, grabbed the bottle of sleeping pills and dumped some pills into my hand. I knew they were probably too many for me to handle, but oh well. I swallowed them all, put the bottle back and closed my eyes. Sleep was already pulling me in. Sleep...that's what I needed. I could forget it all and dream about something more pleasant. I'd just deal with everything the next day...

---

When I opened my eyes again, I found myself in an unfamiliar room. It looked like a jail cell...and I was tied to a chair...I instantly flew into a panic and began screaming for help. I couldn't look behind me, but I could hear footsteps coming closer, and I doubted that they were going to help me. I started screaming louder and tried knocking the chair over. I closed my eyes like the baby I was, not wanting to know what was going to happen. Whoever was in the room with me stopped in front of the chair. I could feel their eyes on me. When I finally opened my eyes to look, I instantly regretted it. A man who looked like he'd been through Hell and back stood there with a knife in one hand. I could see the glint of insanity in his eyes, and his lips were pulled back into a snarl. His hair was greasy and matted, and patches of his skin appeared to be burnt. The most noticable thing was the gash in his cheek, stretching from the corner of his mouth to his ear.

"You fool!" He yelled in my face. "You could've killed yourself!" He quickly took a step back and looked at the floor, shaking his head. "Though maybe death could've saved you." I narrowed my eyes at him. "What do you mean?" I growled. The man looked up and said, "Well, to put it simply, all of your fears have come true. You're all alone now. Welcome to Hell." Then he gave a hollow, emotionless laugh that sent chills down my spine. I couldn't even speak, all I could do was stare at this terrifying man. He walked out of my view and came back with a picture frame in his hands. When he held it out to me and I could see what it was of, my jaw dropped. It was a picture of my girlfriend and a boy I didn't get along with, hand in hand, smiling. This couldn't be...could it? "What is thi-" "She broke up with you. You pushed her away, and she ran to him. He's abusive to her, you know. She misses the way you used to be." With that, he threw the frame down, smashing the glass.

I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth. "That's not true." I hissed. "She loves me. I'd never do such a thing. I'm not a monster like you." This made the man laugh that same, cold laugh again. "Me? A monster?" He chuckled, pointing to himself. He walked back over and got in my face again. "Kid, you're only half right, but you're more like me than I remembered." "I'm nothing like you!" I yelled and struggled against my bonds. He merely shrugged and walked away, only to return with another photograph. This one was of a bunch of kids who I used to be friends with. All liars and backstabbers. "They took your downfall and disappearance as a success. We both know they never cared." Smashed, just like the first. I snorted and smirked at him. "I know they don't care, but why would I let them bring me down? You're full of shit." I said. He shook his finger at me and said, "Not so fast. Don't you remember what dear Mom and Pap told you about jumping to conclusions? They had nothing to do with your downfall, kid, don't get ahead of yourself." Then he quickly added, "And watch that confidence. That's what ruined me."

I watched as he knelt down and started slicing his arm with the knife. I was horrified, but I couldn't look away. His face never changed from that grim, serious look, not once. As he carved away, he continued speaking. "Face it, kid. We're more alike than you'd like to think. I remember when I was a young, hopeful, confident kid. Nothing could stop me. Now look at me." "What is the meaning of all this?" I managed to choke out, trying to hold back the bile in my throat. He paused his carving and looked up from it. I swear, I could see regret in his black eyes. "I never wanted this for you, but you had to find out eventually, before it was too late. You need to get what you deserve. Revenge." He looked back down and quickly added a few cuts before rising to his feet and walking behind me. I could hear the knife working at the ropes and my bonds were feeling looser. When the rope was removed, I stood and turned to the man with a questioning look.

Without a word, he led me over to a mirror in the corner that I hadn't noticed before. He gestured to it and stepped away. I had the feeling that something was suspicious, but I went over to it anyways. ...this time, I couldn't hold the vomit back. I fell to my knees and threw up. Then I looked back up. I was going insane. This couldn't be real. I was dreaming. Those dark eyes, those burnt patches, that...that scar. I reached up and touched my face with a trembling hand and stared at the man in pure terror. He bent down in front of me, placed his knife into my hand and closed my fingers around it. "Avenge us." He whispered. Avenge us...

---

I shot up in my bed, drenched in sweat. I jumped up and ran for the mirror. What a relief. It was all just a dream.I was still me... I turned to go back to bed when something shiny caught my eye. I looked down to see...a knife. Bloody. Familiar. Oh God, no. This wasn't happening to me. I cautiously went to reach for it, but the sight of my arm made me stop dead. The words "Avenge us" were carved into it.
Sign up to rate and review this story