Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Screwed Up Heart That Got Repaired

by Not0fuckinKay 1 review

"There. I pinched you. You're neither dead nor dreaming. Now kiss me again". Frikey.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-08-04 - Updated: 2012-08-04 - 1339 words - Complete

1Ambiance
The air was cold and it surrounded Mikey, like freezing hands wrapping him in an unwanted embrace. He tucked his arms into the pockets of his black hoodie and pressed on. He wasnt sure what time it was, but he was sure it was too early for him to return home and Gerard not be suspicious. He sighed defeatedly, deciding he would retreat to the nearby park until it was an acceptable time to return home. If Gerard had come along it would have been so much easier, but he was proud of Gerard for staying home. Gerard was giving up alcohol, so a party wouldnt have helped him. Besides, the guy deserved some time by himself. What with everyone checking up on him constantly. So they had all decided to go to the party and leave Gerard at home. Mikey didn't even know whose party it was. Someone Bob knew, that guy knew everyone. Normally Mikey avoided parties, and most other forms of social interaction, but life away from the touring could get pretty mundane. That and the fact Frank had begged him to come along. "It will be no fun without you" Frank had complained. Not that he payed the slightest bit of attention to Mikey during the party. Or at any time, ever, really. Not that Mikey cared. He really didn't. He'd approached the park now, and took a seat on one of the old swings. He'd even dressed nicely, his grey jeans and a smart white shirt, hoping today could be the day. He was relying on Dutch courage, and he'd planned everything he was going to say. He'd waited, until he knew that his crush would be so drunk he wouldn't even remember it in the morning if it backfired. He was ready, finally ready after two years of building up the courage, only to feel as though he'd been shot in the heart. He'd edged his way into the kitchen, past a kissing couple who looked suspiciously like Bob and Ray, to where he knew Frank would be. He wasn't wrong, Frank was there. But it just so happened he had a girls tongue down his throat. He'd decided he couldn't stay any longer, for fear of crying or just generally embarrassing himself in public. So he left, slipped out unnoticed. He needed Ray, more than anything right now, because Ray knew. Ray just sensed something was wrong, and Mikey ended up pouring his heart out to him. This crush was killing him. He had to see him every day, knowing that all he would ever be was a friend. He wanted so much more than that. He hadn't thought it was possible, for his screwed up heart to love. But it had managed it, and it killed him. He fell in love with the guy who would never love him. But then, Mikey figured, would it not be the same with any person he loved? He couldn't see anyone ever loving him, romantically anyway. Gerard frequently told him that he loved him. His brother could always brighten up his day. But not recently, not for long anyway. Mikey sighed. It wasn't Franks fault. It wasn't Franks fault that he was insanely attractive, and kind, and funny and smart and thoughtful and talented. It wasnt Franks fault that he had girls willing to put their tongues down his throat. And it wasn't Franks fault that Mikey had fallen in love with him. After two years, you would think it gets easier. It never does. Frank always finds a way to be more attractive, more funny, more thoughtful each day. Which makes Mikeys task to ignore his ridiculously frequent feelings near impossible. Mikey heard footsteps, and he froze. Being stabbed by a murderer maniac in a park in New Jersey was not how he'd envisioned he would die. Should he run? It was pointless now, he'd just have to put up a good fight. The footsteps quickened and Mikey braced himself, clenching his fist, ready to fight off the crazy murderer.

"Mikey?" a voice shouted. The murderer knew his name? This is bad, this is like something from a bad gangster movie except Mikey wasn't a gangster.

"Mikes" the voice said, and Mikey realised it was the one person he did and didn't want to see. He looked up wordlessly. Frank looked panicked, and he had been running. His black hair was plastered to his forehead and his white shirt was becoming untucked. He had lost the red tie earlier, probably at the hands of that girl, but he was still wearing his striped gloves. He rested his hands on his hips, just above the studded belt keeping his black skin -tight jeans up.
Frank opened his mouth, and his lip ring glinted in the moonlight.

"Why did you go?" Frank asked. Mikey shrugged, what was he supposed to say? It was silent for a while, and it was bordering on awkward.

"Ray was very drunk" Frank commented.

"I know, I saw him with his tongue down Bobs throat" Mikey replied, internally cursing as he reminded himself of Frank and that girl. Frank laughed, a small high-pitched chuckle.

"Yeah. He noticed when you left" Frank said, running a hand through his short black hair. 'So much for unnoticed then' Mikey thought. He really just wanted to go home and sleep, pretend this had never happened.

"We were worried, you know. You shouldnt just take off like that" Frank stated.

"Like you care" Mikey had said, before he could stop himself. That's it Mikey, drop yourself in it. He was such an idiot.

"Of course I care, Mikey" Frank said, taking a step closer. Mikey began to worry about this close proximity. "Ray told me". It took Mikey longer than it should have to realise what Frank meant. His face flushed red, he was mortified. That's probably why Frank was here, to let him down gently. To pity the little weirdo who has a crush on him.

"Sorry" was all Mikey could think to say. "Just forget about it, I get that you don't like me like that. Why would you, it's me. And you're straight anyway. It's-" Mikey was cut off by the feel of something on his mouth. He then realised it was lips. Franks lips. He kissed back gently, unsure of how sober Frank was. Frank pulled away and looked into Mikey's eyes.

"She kissed me. Man, that sucked. I was going to tell you tonight. That I loved you, but that chick jumped down my throat and you ran off" . Mikey was startled at Franks revelation.

"You were?" Mikey asked, certain he was dreaming. Or dead. Oh no, he was dead. The footsteps were the murderers, and he was dead. "I'm dead aren't I?". Frank laughed at Mikeys sudden question.

"Of course not, why on earth would you think that?" Frank asked, chuckling.

"I heard footsteps earlier, I think it was a murderer. And he's killed me, and this is the afterlife. Because this is too good to be true" Mikey explained. He suddenly felt a sharp pain in his arm, and flinched.

"There. I pinched you. You're neither dead nor dreaming. Now kiss me again". Mikey did as he was told, a warmth spreading through his entire body as their lips met.

"Oh" Mikey said, pulling away as he remembered. " I was going to tell you earlier, you know. When I came into the kitchen, it was to tell you I loved you". Frank smiled brightly, and it was the most beautiful thing Mikey had ever seen in his life.

"I'm sorry about earlier, Mikey. I...I love you". Frank looked into his eyes, and Mikey felt his screwed up heart put itself back together.

"I love you, too" Mikey responded, happily. Frank took Mikey's hand and lead him away from the park. They walked hand in hand down the street, the wind unable to penetrate the happy bubble that surrounded them. This, Mikey thought, was what happiness felt like.
Sign up to rate and review this story