Categories > Celebrities > 30 Seconds to Mars > A Beautiful Lie

Chapter One

by echeloncookie 0 reviews

Skyla was stuck in a beautiful lie. Now she has to tell them the ugly truth. **SEQUEL TO HURRICANE & FINDING JARED**

Category: 30 Seconds to Mars - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [X] - Published: 2012-07-22 - Updated: 2012-08-08 - 1290 words - Complete

5Exciting
First off, thanks to everyone who has read the stories before this one, Finding Jared http://www.ficwad.com/story/175094 and Hurricane http://www.ficwad.com/story/186062 This is a continuation of the never-ending battle between Jared and Shannon for Skyla's love. -just saying- and oh lordy is it a battle in this story. ~SPOILER~

A BEAUTIFUL LIE

CHAPTER ONE

Jared Leto looked around his room and sighed. It had gotten out of hand since his wife of sorts, Skyla Miller, had ran away a few weeks before. They were quickly approaching the end of August, and he and Skyla had been married for a few months now. He walked into her bedroom instead of going into his own and handed her a bottle of water.

“Thanks,” Skyla told him as she unscrewed the lid and took a drink.

Jared gave her a nod and sat down in one of the three comfy black velvet chairs in her room. Skyla had her iPhone out and was playing a game on it. She tossed it aside and joined him in the chair across from her. “So what is it?”

“You need to tell everyone else that you aren't pregnant. Before they buy you little baby clothes,” Jared told her.

Skyla made a face and looked at him. “You already bought a little onesie, didn't you?”

“I couldn't help it!” Jared handed her a little custom onesie that said, “My daddy is a rockstar!”

“Cute, but you're going to have to return it!” Skyla giggled as she stood up.

“Ahh! Party pooper!” Jared told her. He walked over and gave her a long kiss. Skyla pulled away from it with jelly legs.

“Holy...” she told him. Jared grinned at her as he helped her sit back down. “You know how to make a girl go numb.”

“How about we take this back to my room?” he asked her as he ran his hands up her back. “Then we can do whatever we want.” He winked at her.

Skyla chuckled and struggled to regain her balance. She followed Jared back to his room; he sat down on his bed and patted the spot beside him. She sat down and he turned and faced her.

“What do you want to do?” he asked her. Skyla shrugged and traced the pattern on his quilt.

“I don't know. You would probably know better than me.”

“I know what I want to do, but we are not doing it until you tell them that you aren't pregnant.” Jared laid back on his bed. Skyla could see the obvious boner peeking through his pants, and sighed.

“I'll tell them!” she agreed. Jared leaned up and walked out of his bedroom with her in tow.

“Hey, you guys? Skyla has something important to tell you,” Jared said as he led her through the house. Soon everyone was seated outside around the pool, waiting to hear Skyla's news.

“I'm... not pregnant. The test was a false positive,” Skyla said as she twisted her hands.

“What about your baby bump? What explains that?” Emma asked her.

“I've always been skinny. I must have gained some weight,” Skyla said.

“And your morning sickness?” Shannon asked.

“I am a very sickly person.”

“What about your sonogram?” Jared blurted out. Skyla looked at him and he began biting his lip. He mouthed, “I'm sorry,” and sat down.

“I've had kidney stones before, as well, so that's probably what it was,” Skyla said.

“How did you know you weren't pregnant?” Vicki asked her. She had been hanging out with Skyla and Emma since Skyla returned.

“Since I started my period the night I ran away,” Skyla muttered. She scratched her head and flipped her hair over her shoulder. It was almost time for her to dye it again. She felt Jared's hand on the crook of her elbow and she was guided away to his bedroom.

“Happy now?” she asked him.

“Very,” he told her. He leaned down and gave her a kiss. “Remember what I told you?”

“Yeah. Listen, um, I need to talk to Shannon about something. Okay?” Skyla told him. She patted him on his chest and went to find Shannon. She found him in his room, packing a small bag of rations.

“Hey. What are you planning to do?” she asked him.

“I'm going camping for a few days. Wanna come?” he asked her. He handed her a pack to start filling with supplies. “I'd love it if you did.”

Skyla looked at the pack and grabbed it. “Sure. Just let me grab some stuff.” She stuffed the pack with two cans of Raid insect killer, a few bottles of water, some lotion for poison oak, a few baggies of food, and some other things. She threw on a pair of shorts, a t-shirt, and some of her favorite shoes and went back to Shannon's room. She caught a glimpse of him as he finished packing his bag, and walked over to him. She touched his arm lightly and made him jump.

“Ready?” she asked him. She shouldered her pack and grabbed his.

“Yeah,” he told her as he took his pack from her. “Head on out to my Jeep, okay?”

“Okay,” she told him. She went outside to the garage and waited by his Jeep for him to unlock the door. While she was waiting, Jared came out and started talking to her.

“So where you going?” he asked her lightly.

“Shannon and I are going camping. We'll be back soon,” she told him.

“Whatever.”

Shannon hurried out and joined her by his Jeep. “Hold onto my pack for me, okay?” He handed her his pack and climbed in on the driver's side; Skyla grabbed their packs and climbed in beside him.

“So where are we going camping at?” she asked him.

“It's just a little ways away from the beach house. We'll drive there first and then we can go from there.” Shannon watched the road as he passed the river park, and a few miles away stood the run down beach house.

“It's been so long since I was here,” Skyla said as she walked inside. She ran upstairs to her room. “Nothing has changed since I was here last!”

“I know. Here, I have some more stuff upstairs. Go and get a few changes of clothes for us; I gotta get a tent and a sleeping bag.” Shannon tossed her another backpack to begin filling up with their clothes.

Skyla ran upstairs to their bedrooms and stuffed two changes of clothes for each one of them into the backpack. She grabbed a sweatshirt of hers and brought it along, knowing that it will get chilly earlier now. She decided to grab Shannon a sweatshirt as well, just in case. She carried the backpack downstairs and set it beside what looked like a bag of food. She sat down and watched as Shannon carried a tent bag into the living room. He pulled the tent out and began inspecting it. He noticed Skyla watching him.

“I'm making sure there are no holes, in case a rat chewed on it,” he explained to her. He put the tent back in its bag and set it by Skyla. He went and grabbed a bag of coals, some matches, and a portable stove and loaded them into the back of his Jeep. He then grabbed their clothes, the tent, and the bags of food and carried them out there too. He looked over at Skyla and smiled. “Ready?”

“As ready as I'll ever be.” Skyla got up and followed him out to his Jeep. She had never been camping before, and was ready to get her first taste of it now.
Sign up to rate and review this story