Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Story

My Story

by MCR_Killjoy_A 6 reviews

This is my story, the story about how MCR really did save my life

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-04-08 - Updated: 2012-08-23 - 1238 words - Complete

2Moving
My story starts at the beginning of my life, so 31st October 1998 (I know, awesome birthday right?) I was born, grew up, and live in London. As a small child I was surrounded by music such as 'Red Hot Chilli Peppers', 'Iron Maiden', 'Led Zeppelin', 'Guns N' Roses', 'AC/DC' and more. These were just some of my Dad's favourite bands, he was/is from New Zealand and was raised with that sort of music. My Mum how ever prefers 'Pop' and stuff in the charts.
In primary I listened to music occasionally, like in the car, on the radio, stuff like that, in primary school it didn't matter what music you listened to, or what you liked, everyone was more or less equal, and there was no hierarchy system, I had tones of friends, and quite a few best friends. Then at the age of 11-12 I moved on to Secondary school. It was a living hell from the day I walked in. I was wearing a pencil skirt, with a tucked-in school shirt, buttons done up neatly, hair tied back, tights, polished loafer school shoes. I thought I looked smart, so did my Mum and I was fine. Everyone else however thought I was immediately weird, I was straight away classed as an out-cast just cause I wasn't wearing a pleated skirt, or my top button wasn't un-done, or my hair was too neat.
As the term went on I changed my self in order to fit in, I listened to the pop crap, and bought stuff which now I think about it, was a waste of money. But cause I actually liked science, and I liked horror movies, and because apparently people didn't get me, still nobody liked me. And I started to feel really down and alone, then around april of 2011 I started getting bullied by a girl from my Primary school over the phone, e-mail, and face book. One day it got to the point were I couldn't take it anymore and I was on my way to school one morning and I had received a particularly nasty phone call and I just started crying my eyes out. I was being told I was worthless, and pathetic and a stupid bitch. That day I told a teacher and it stopped, but unfortunately I was already quite deep in depression.
A few months later at the end of the term, everything went from bad to worse, I was on the bus on the way to school, when the stop before mine a guy was getting off and as he walked down the stairs (as it was a double decker) he gave me a freaky joker like smile. He was about fifty with greasy black hair in a quiff like thing, and old clothes. I thought nothing of the smile and turned to look back out of the window, I saw him get off, he then turned to look at me and smiled at me again. By that time I was slightly freaked out, but I got off at my normal stop anyway, as I was half way along the long stretch of road that lead to my school, I heard footsteps behind me, and in the corner of my eye I saw him following my. He had legged it from the bus stop and was now following me. I walked faster, he walked faster, I walked slower, he walked slower, finally I reached the corner where school was, as I turned the corner I saw him go to turn the corner and then quickly turn away as he saw the school there, I ran in side and went straight to the teacher in charge if the well being of the girls and told her. They then called in a policeman and I was questioned, unfortunately they haven't/never will find him.
I was very depressed at that stage and was thinking very dark thoughts, I was even considering suicide, which is very extreme, especially for a 12 year old girl, I had no friends, I had been bullied, I was given shit at school for being different, I had been followed, my family life was falling apart, my Grand-mother had even recently just died and I felt life just wasn't worth it. I felt like that for months, school was getting worse and worse, I was falling out with my teachers, and my family life was tearing apart at the seams and to top it all off, I was hitting puberty so I was experiencing hormones for the first time.
Then the next academic year one November day I was sitting on the coach waiting to go to hockey and I sat girl called Holly, and she said to me,
"Have you heard of 'My Chemical Romance'?" And from then my life changed forever through that one simple question. I had heard of them, I mean who hasn't heard 'welcome to the black parade?' But I looked further into the band and fell in love with them, I ditched the fake act and started off with the real me. The only problem is my Mum and her parents are kind of 'high class citizens' and look down on people like me (AKA goths, emos, punks, rock fans.) So my mum didn't like the direction I was going in, she threatened me saying things like,
"If you don't stop dressing like this, you won't be allowed to go out, or see your friends." This was in January of this year. I started reading Kerrang! And it became my bible, my bedroom walls are covered with band posters thanks to you and I am finally comfortable with who I am, my mum is coming to terms with it, my dad how ever was always fine with it. Holly is my best friend ever now, I play bass guitar in the band we formed with some other friends, I also sing, but because we came open about who we were we're picked on even more than before, we try not to let it get to us but it still hurts bad.
I've just come back from a skiing holiday in Italy, it was ment to be the get away from all the hurt and to finally enjoy myself, however in ski school I was picked on so much it nearly brought me to tears. And the worst part is I felt guilty for it. That my parents had spent a lot of money for me to go on holiday and I barely even had fun. I'm sitting here now on easter sunday, the day I got back, lying in bed listing to my chem and writing this, thinking to my self,
"How could I had gone through all this and more in 13 short years and still be here?" I realise now I'm stronger than I thought, and I'm not gonna let the tabloids or other mean and wrong people stop me from being me. And thanks to MCR, I realise that now.
There is so much more I could have said, like my charity work, pain pill addiction and more but there aren't enough words to describe how I feel some of the time. But, I'll leave you with this, my motto: 'I was put on this earth to make a mark, and that's what I'm damn well gonna do."
Thank you MCR, you saved my life.
Sign up to rate and review this story