Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Different

When I woke up my head thumping from all the crying I'd done that night. I sat up slowly, clutching my head. For a moment I considered just lying back down and going to sleep. But then I remembered that today was the day we were saving Kat so I got up and quickly got dressed and washed. If I was only a minute late then Gerard would definitely leave without me.

As I walked into the diner I thought I was already late but it tured out that I was up too early. Only Penina and Frank were awake. They were sitting in one of the boothes. Frank had his arms round Penina and Penina was crying into his chest "Hey is everything okay?" I asked.

Penina shook her head and snuggled further into Frank's arms "She'll be okay." Frank told me "Could you maybe open enough cans of Power Pup for us all to have breakfast please?"

I nodded and Frank whispered to Penina that everything was okay and started stroking her hair while I went to open the cans. By the time I was done, everyone was awake and Penina had calmed down quite a lot. I handed out the cans and we all tucked in.



About ten minutes later we were all done and piled into the car "Penina, what were you crying about earlier?" I asked.

Penina went bright red "It doesn't matter Crayon, it was stupid, don't worry about me."

"Oh, okay..." I replied before looking out the window. It reminded me of the ride here when I had been complaining about how terrible this place was. Ever since I'd been with the killjoys I was beginning to appreciate the desert a lot more. It was much better than being stuck in between those awful four white walls.

"So Crayon, what does Kat look like exactly?" Raven asked, trying to break the tension.

"Well she was a black pixie cut with red chunks, she has one green and one blue eye, she's slim and she has tanned skin." I told them.

"She sounds like someone that BLI would automatically hate." Frank said "Just with her hair."

"I can't believe they force you to dye your hair black there." Raven whispered, twirling a lock of her shoulder-length blood red hair "I hate Better Living Industies."

"We all hate Better Living." Gerard hissed "But it won't matter. Soon we'll have enough killjoys to take BLI down altogether. We just need to convince more people to join us."

"But nearly everyone is taking that Better Living Industries crap." Ray reminded him "I don't know how we're going to manage it."

"Don't talk like that Ray. We'll manage it one day." Raven said optimistically "Crayon... You said they'd taken Crayon's Dad as well as you. So why aren't we saving him as well?"

"He doesn't want to be a killjoy. He says he's lived his life and only cares about Kat now."

"Well I don't think Kat will want to leave her Dad behind." Lucy said "We'll see when we get there, okay?"



We made it to BLI too soon and Gerard drove straight through the huge scary-looking gates. I started shaking as we drove up to headquarters "What if I don't like what I see?" I muttered "I'm really scared."

"Told you that you should've stayed at home." Gerard said smugly, turning round to face me "Listen, only address people by their killjoy names while you're here. We don't BLI finding out our real names. They'll probably have already forgotten your real name and will only know you as Victoria which isn't you. Now come on, let's go."



[A/N] - Short chapter but in the next chapter, I have a lot of stuff planned so yeah :)
Sign up to rate and review this story