Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Star Crossed Love #28

by bulletproofheart44 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-08-26 - Updated: 2012-08-26 - 2046 words - Complete

1Exciting
The drive home was long and awkward, Arianna did ask or say anything. I stared out the window the whole time, trying to numb my pain in a spiritual way rather than chemical. But oh god how I wanted the chemical.
We arrive home around 5:00 and the first thing I do is run upstairs and into my room slamming the door shut and start pacing back and forth. How could I have come so close? I should have never gone! I feel the heat in my face. I was so stupid! I hear a soft knock at my door.
“Come in” I say quickly. Arianna peaks her head in and gives me a shy smile.
“Are you okay?” She asks stepping into my room. I just look at her blankly.
“Come on Jo you can tell me what is wrong” She glides across the room and sits on my bed patting next to her. I sigh and sit down.
“Did you see something at the concert that made you have flash backs?” She asks tilting her head to the side.
Arianna thinks I turned to alcohol and drugs while I was in New Jersey was because of losing my uncle, and that I somehow went through some traumatic shit while I was drunk. I just let her think what she wants.
“yeah,” I lie. She sighs.
“ I’m sorry Johanna. I wish I knew how I could help without getting you drunk” She tells. I just shrug
“It’s okay” I sigh and rub my face with my hands. Then my phone starts ringing. I quickly get off of the bed and run over to the dresser and see it is Ken. I smile and answer.
“Hello?”
“Hey what are you doing?” Kens deep voice booms from the other end.
“Nothing at the moment why?” I ask. Arianna is giving me a cheesey smile. She knows how much I like Ken and he likes me.
“Wanna go get some coffee? I just got off of work. Hell of a day!” he sighs on the other end.
“Um yeah sure….in about an hour? The usual place?” I ask.
“Of course, can’t wait to see you!” and with that he hangs up. I can feel a smile creeping up on my face. The pain is gone.
“Oh shit! He asked you out again didn’t he?!” Arianna says springing up.
“Yeah..” I bite my bottom lip.
“He is so handsome Jo, you’re lucky. OH OH! Let me pick out your outfit and do your hair!” She claps her hands again and heads for my closet.
“I think I should shower first” I say heading into the connecting bathroom.
“Well, hurry up! I wanna make you hot!” she yells after me. I roll my eyes and hop into the shower.

And in about 45 minutes Arianna has me looking hot indeed. I stand in front of the full body mirror wearing a pair of short shorts, a tight blue shirt, and a pair of black converse. My hair is down and curled and he has plastered make up all over my face. I feel so weird I haven’t gotten ready for anyone in…well 3 years.
“You look so good Jo!” She says excitedly. I smile and shrug. “Way better than a pair of yoga pants and a long shirt like you always wear” She teases.
“Yeah yeah well I haven’t had a reason to get ready” I honestly say.
“Well get going!” She says pushing me out the door. I laugh and grab my keys to my car. She smiles at me one more time and gives me a hug before I walk out the door.


I arrive at the little coffee shop/ book store and see Ken’s black Camaro and park next to him. I sling my purse over my shoulder and walk into the parking lot. The smell of coffee fills my nose and I smile. I look around for Ken, but don’t see him so I head up to the counter and order myself a frapachino and as I am about to pay Ken shows up at my side and slams down a $10 bill. I jump in surprise then look up at him.
He is about 6 foot, jet black hair, a Colgate smile, the most perfect jaw line you have ever seen on a man and dressed in a grey suit. He is so damn attractive. I blush and he leans down and gives me a kiss on the cheek.
“Didn’t see you come in, come lets go sit” He says wrapping his arm around my shoulder leading us to a booth. He sits across from me and adjusts his navy blue tie and smiles a million dollar smile.
“So glad I could see you today, work was just hell. I am trying so hard to become partner at my firm but they just don’t seem to see it” He says in frustration. I nod and take a sip of my drink.
“I’m sorry, I am sure they will soon” I encourage. He just smiles again and puts his hand on mine.
“How was your day?” His deep voice asks.
“It was fine, went to a concert with Arianna in Denver, that’s about it though” Ken raises his eyebrows.
“Oh, well that sounds fun” he takes a drink form his coffee and lets out a sigh and stares at me. I wiggle in form the uncomfortableness.
“You’re so beautiful Johanna” He whispers. I smile and she rubs my hand with his thumb.
“Thanks” I respond back. I feel my cheeks get red. He laughs. He is about to say something else when there is an abrupt screaming of teenage girls. Ken and I both cover out ears and look behind us. There is a swarm of girls surrounding what looks like a couple of guys.
“Oh my god! They are here in our town! MCR!” A girl yells pushing away from the table besides us and runs over there.
My heart drops and starts beating fast again. I feel like I am going to pass out.
“Well look at that, someone famous is visiting out town!” Ken says. I just nod and keep my head down, I need to get out of here and fast.
“I need to go” I say grabbing my purse and my coffee.
“Johanna wait!” Ken says standing up and following me out of the shop. I just run for the doors not looking back. My heart is pounding harder than ever, I feel like I am going to throw up.
Why are they here?! Right, Arianna’s interview on Monday. Shit! I wont be able to leave the house now. Oh my god! What if they heard Ken yell my name?!
My breathing gets faster and I lean against my car trying to calm myself down. But just can’t seem to find my happy place right now. I feel two hands on my shoulders, and when I open my eyes I see a very worried Ken in front of me.
“Jo are you okay?! What’s wrong?!” He asks worriedly. I look around and see that the coffee house now has a line of people coming out of it. I need to get out of here.
“I need to get home” I state.
“Are you okay> What happened?” He asks again.
“I just….I just can’t be here right now Ken. I am so sorry, lets do this again okay? Just not here, not until after Monday. Just please” I say crossing my arms. His eyes look lost and worried.
“Okay, I’ll call you Tuesday. I hope everything is okay” He quietly says. I nod and give him a kiss on the cheek then get into my car.
Why is this all happening now? Just when I thought I was going to be able to move on, and forget about everything. About him. I need to drink, I need to some something to make this pain stop. Immediately I stop the thought and concentrate on the road. I just wont be able to leave my house for the next 2 days. I can manage that. I can’t run into him, I just can’t.
*****************************
Monday comes, and I am anxiously waiting for the day to go by. I spent all of Sunday in my pajamas lounging around the house ignoring Arianna’s pleas for me to go shopping, or out to eat. I just told her I wasn’t feeling well, she seemed to buy it.
Today is her interview with them. She talked non stop this morning about how excited she was to finally interview a big band on her show. I just nodded and pretended I cared, when really I didn’t. I just want this all to be over with. So I can get back to my normal life, and hopefully get things going with Ken.
I am in the middle of the center right now, examining a pig named Bacon that was just brought in. His last owners were very abusive and he is severely underweight and dehydrated. I turn to the tech next to me and say.
“I want him on 200 mg tablets of an antibiotic and get him set up to a 10 gtt/ min Iv fluid. I want him checked on every hour, and make sure he is eating. Tell me if anything changes good or bad” I pat the pig on the head and give him a kiss on the tip of his nose.
“It will be okay boy, we will have you feeling better in no time, soon you’ll be out on a farm” I write in his medical file and hand it to the tech who smiles and goes on her way.
I walk out of the pin area and back into the main building’s lobby. I flop down on one of the chairs in the waiting room. We are dead today and that isn’t a good sign.
“Dr. Retorio? Would you like some coffee? Freshly brewed” The secretary Chaeli asks, I nod and gladly take the cup from her. The clock ready 2:25. Arianna’s show is over in 5 minutes. 5 minutes until I am home free. She walks swiftly back to her chair and stares at her computer screen. Chaeli is about 5’3, petite, pixie cut brown, and is way to happy for me sometimes.
“Shall I turn on some music?” She reaches under her desk where the radio control for the over head speakers are.
“No!” I shout. I automatically have the radio set for Arianna’s channel. Chaeli jumps and stares at me. I feel myself blush.
“Sorry, just not right now” I say calmly she just gives me a half smile and turns back to her computer screen. I grip my coffee tighter and lean my head back , close my eyes and doze off.

I am startled back away from my phone ringing in my scrub pocket. I look at it and see Arianna is calling. I glance back up at the clock and it says 3:00. All she is going to do is talk about the interview I have to think of something.
“Hey Ari, Im really busy right now can I call you back?” I say in hurried tone.
“No! No you can’t! Oh my God Jo! The interview was great and-“ I interrupt her.
“Can we talk about this at home please I really am busy” I say harshly.
“ Gee Mrs. Cranky! I just wanted to tell you that I did the announcement about your adoption center on the air, and guess what! The lead singer of My Chemical romance is looking for a black cat to adopt! He heard the advertisement and was very interested, I gave him the address of your place! He should be by soon! Isnt that great! Your adoption rates are going to boom after this!” She says excitedly. But my heart stops, my stomach twist.
“When did he leave?” I squeak.
“About 15 minutes ago” it takes 15 minutes to get from her studio to my adoption center. My mouth gets dry he is going to be here any minute. I have to think of something.
Sign up to rate and review this story