Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Poison

Epilogue

by 3RR0R 3 reviews

The end of the whole mess.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-08-27 - Updated: 2012-08-27 - 388 words

2Exciting
The Poison
Epilogue
The sun shone down through the fronds of the willow tree, leaving speckles of light on the grass. In front of me, the children played, balls of energy on the playground I’d built six years ago. I was twenty now, married, and pregnant with another small child. It had taken some time for me to forget that horrible night at my house, when I finally had to face my demons. But with Gerard here to support me every step of the way, I finally healed.
Marriage came soon after, and although there was no chapel service, no fancy white dress, and only four bridesmaids and best men each (with hardly an audience), it was wonderful, only topped by the birth of my first child.
Helena. Named for my mother, who is a person I’ve has misunderstandings with, was a brave woman and deserved to be honored nonetheless. If naming a child after her was all I could do, then I did it.
I felt a hand on my shoulder, then another resting on my knee. I leaned and kissed Gerard’s temple, leaning on his shoulder.
“D’you think they watch over us?” he whispered. “Your mom and Lindsey?”
By the playground, I saw a blue light flicker. I squinted. Since I had first come home, I’d seen no sign of Lindsey’s ghostly form. I missed her, to say the least.
“I suppose.” I answered. “I hope so.”
The blue light took on the form of a young woman whom I knew all too well. She smiled at me and nodded, as a sign that I had finally fulfilled that promised I’d made to her and myself,
I’d fixed him.
“Yes.” I said again. “Definitely.”
::
So, uber short little thing to tell what happened after the whole mess. Fitting, how I was listening to the Redemption sequence of the Exogenesis Symphony by Muse. Beautiful song, (hopefully) poetic epilogue.
So this is it, then. Totally over. I’m not done with fanfiction yet, though ;)
There will be another MCR fic in the making, featuring Mikey, an incredibly sarcastic heroine, and creatures with very sharp teeth and lust for a little more than blood...
(announcer voice) Coming when the author gets off her lazy ass and starts writing the second chapter!
Sign up to rate and review this story