Categories > Original > Drama > Let's Change The World

Chapter 2

by atomickilljoy 5 reviews

"We are kids. But we're kids with passion and a cause. And that's more than I can say for them."

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-08-28 - Updated: 2012-08-29 - 826 words

1Ambiance
Jennifer had anxiously awaited Friday. That night, when the clock struck 12, they would be meeting up, if the people even bothered to show up.
Soon, it was Friday night, 11:45
Jennifer left the house, not even bothering to tell Danny. He wouldn't care.
She got on her bike and went to a near-by abandoned apartment building, which was where they were meeting up. When she got there, there was no one. At 12:20, when she was starting to think no one would show up, a girl showed up. She had short hair, with red streaks in the fringe. She was wearing black skinny jeans, a black hoodie, and converse.
"Um... are you Rebel?" she asked
"That's me!" Jennifer said, happy someone came. "I'm Jennifer" she said, extending her hand.
"I'm Ella" she said, catching sight of her hand.
Ella looked at her, with a puzzled look.
"What's that?! No handshakes! Hugs!" she said
"Wait, no I'm not much of a-" Jennifer started
Ella swept her in a hug.
"hugger" Jennifer finished.
Ella let her go, just as another girl came in. This one had a black pixie cut with red chunks. She was wearing a 'Flash' logo shirt, with leggings.
"Which one of you is Rebel?" she asked
"Me!" Jennifer said "I'm Jennifer" she said, extending her hand.
"I'm Mazy!" the girl said
They spent about 10 minutes, all talking. Mazy was a gymnast, and she LOVED music, much like Jennifer. Ella had to go through some really difficult shit. She had bullies, much like Jennifer, but her life was worse. Her dad beats her and her mom, her sister died, and she got raped in an alleyway. Jennifer and Mazy comforted her. She was a strong person.
Two other girls came in.
"Which one of you-" They started
"I am!" Jennifer said
One girl had bright red hair ,with black streaks on the bangs, that was collar bone length. She was wearing a Breaking Benjamin shirt. The other had black hair, with rainbow streaks. She was wearing a simple tank top, jeans, and sneakers.
"I'm Sam!" the girl with the red hair said
"I'm Amanda!" said the other girl
All of them started talking, to kill some time. Sam ran away from home, and lives with friends. Talk about rebellious. Amanda's mother died, too. Difference is, she has a dad, but he's barely around.
Another girl came in. She looked like she just came back from the 1960's. She had dark brown hair, shoulder length. She looked pretty cool.
"Hi I'm Jennifer a.k.a Rebel." Jennifer said, extending her hand.
"Hi, I'm Natalia Glinka!" she said
Natalia was from Russia, and she had a dysfunctional family, like everyone else did.
All of the girls who had come in were soon talking and laughing like old friends.
It was soon 12:40, and Jennifer was starting to lose hope when 3 guys came in. One had black hair, one had brown hair with glasses, and one had a big fro.
"Hey!" the first one greeted. "I'm Gerard. That's my little brother Mikey" he pointed at the one with glasses "and our friend, Ray" he pointed at the one with the fro.
"Which one of you is Rebel?" Ray asked
"I am." Jennifer said "And their names are Natalia, Mazy, Sam, Ella, and Amanda"
Everyone waved at the mention of their names.
"YO YO YO WHERE THE PARTY AT?!" said a guy with long bangs, as he came in with a blonde haired guy.
"Frank, shut up." Gerard said.
"Is he with you guys?" Jennifer asked
"Yep. Don't mind him. That's Frank. The guy next to him is Bob"
They smiled at each other.
"Ok so, if I'm correct, there should be about 4 more people coming in, right?" Mikey asked
"Yes, indeed. When they arrive, we'll begin talking" Jennifer said
Everyone was talking when, at 12: 50, 4 guys came in. All of them looked pretty normal, short brown hair, t-shirts and jeans.
"Hey" one of them greeted "I'm Brendon. Which one of you is Rebel?"
"I am" Jennifer said
"Hi! I am Brendon, this is Spencer, Ryan, and Jon" they waved
When everyone was done introducing themselves, Jennifer spoke up.
"Ok guys. You may have been wondering why I have gathered you here. This new law, banning rock music, it's unconstitutional, and it downright sucks. Like I said we're going to rebel"
"But there's only 15 of us! Maybe slightly more, but that's it!" Sam said
"How are we going to go up against government officials?" Amanda asked
"We're just kids, ya know. They're adults who have 10 times more of everything!" Mazy said
"We are kids. But we're kids with passion and a cause. And that's more than I can say for them." Jennifer said.
Everyone nodded.
"I'm in" Bob said
"So am I" said Frank
And one by one, everyone joined in, agreeing to go on the ride of their lives, not knowing what tomorrow will bring.
"Ok" Jennifer started "Let's get to planning"
Sign up to rate and review this story