Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Stand Up Fucking Tall

by therapist 0 reviews

One-shot, Gerard's POV. Don't really know what to call this? Eh.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2012-09-08 - Updated: 2012-09-08 - 760 words - Complete

0Unrated
A/N: Hey guys, well today I just came to the realization that I had a Ficwad account and was like "FUUUUUUUUUUUCK -runs to computer-" so here you go. I dunno what to call this honestly, it's just like, a one-shot. I hope you enjoy it ^_^ Oh and another thing, I'll probably only be posting one-shots since I don't have the time, creativity, or attention span for chaptered story thingys. Sorry to disappoint you. SORRY IT'S SO SHORT D: Rates and comments are appreciated =D


With shaking hands I pick up the microphone.
Im so close to my dreams I can almost taste them. Every thing I've ever given up on because of the cloud of looming failure, they don't seem so far away. Every one that has ever put me down, held me back, they're all silenced. They're all watching me. And now, I'm proving the impossible.

My forehead is sweating. Screams erupt threw the audience.
I'm scared.
Scared they won't take me. Scared I'm not good enough. Scared no one will understand.
Everything I'm singing tonight, I wrote it all. I wrote it all through sheer moments of my pain.
What I'm singing tonight is what I've always been so afraid to tell people. I've ripped myself open for these songs, suffered to write them all down on paper. The pain I've gone through, only for somebody somewhere out there to feel what I did. I don't have to meet them. I just want to know that maybe, I'll be able to help one person in this entire world. Maybe they won't go through what I did. Maybe I'll be able to save one.

Even just one.

I've pored everything I can into doing this, and now I'm here. All my effort has paid off. Someone taps my shoulder and points onto the stage. I take a deep breath in.
This is it. I cant go back now. I let it out and take a large step with my right foot. Im suddenly running to the center of the stage.

"HELLO NEW JERSEY!" I scream. Where is this coming from?
"WE ARE MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!" More screams erupt from the crowd. I grin. "This song is called Our Lady of Sorrows!" I look into the mass of bodies and see people jumping up and down screaming. The music starts up.

"Yeeeeeah." I sing deeply into the mic. I turn around and face the rest of my band. I give them a look, and it seems to give them confidence. I quickly turn again and I'm back to facing the screaming bodies.

WE COULD BE PERFECT ONE LAST NIGHT!
AND DIE LIKE STAR-CROSSED LOVERS WHEN WE FIGHT


I'm running back and forth across the length of stage.

AND WE COULD SETTLE THIS AFFAIR!
IF YOU WOULD SHED YOUR YELLOW TAKE MY HAND
AND THEM WELL SOLVE THE MYSTERY OF LACERATION GRAVITY!
THIS RIDDLE OF REVENGE, PLEASE UNDERSTAND IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY


My head is spinning and people in the crowd are singing the lyrics with me. I see one boy, he wearing a t-shirt. It says 'MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE SAVED MY LIFE'
I feel liberated. I feel free. No one can hurt me. No. Not tonight, not right now. I'm holding my dreams in my hand. I have no intention of ever letting go. This is where I'm supposed to be. This is who I am. Fuck anyone who wants me different. I'm not changing. I've wasted too much time sitting back in the corner watching. This is our time. This is my time. And no matter what, I know somewhere in these kids, I have made a difference. I have changed the world. And I won't be forgotten.

Stand up fucking tall
Don't let them see your back
And take my fucking hand
And never be afraid again
We've only got one chance to put this at an end
and cross the patron saint of switchblade fights
You said we're not celebrities, we spark and fade, they die by threes
I'll make you understand and you can trade me for an apparition
Stand up fucking tall
Don't let them see your back
And take my fucking hand
And never
Trust, you said
Who put the words in your head
Oh how wrong we were to think
That immortality meant never dying
Stand
Take my fucking hand
Take my fucking...
Stand up fucking tall
Don't let them see your back
And take my fucking hand
And never be afraid again
Just because my hands around your throat
Sign up to rate and review this story