Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A December

I watched as my best friend used my nail polish to paint her toenails "What's up with you?" She asked, looking up.

"Nothing." I said, biting my lip. But there was something on my mind.

It was Penina. I was really worried about her. I could still remember how bitterly Miranda used to talk about Shayla and how far she went to make sure that her and her Dad broke up. I knew she'd be exactly the same with Penina. Nothing I said would make her change her mind. I'd tried to stop her with Shayla but she wouldn't listen to anybody. Not since her Mom walked out on her five years ago.

Miranda's Mom, Bryn, was a pretty hopeless Mum. She didn't always remember Miranda's birthday and she'd promise to come over and see her, then not show up. But Miranda always talked about her Mom as if she were the best Mom in the entire world. Nobody ever said anything bad against Miranda's Mom because it'd upset her too much. I tried to talk to her about it once but she got really mad at me.

"Miranda!" Dad yelled from downstairs "Your Dad's here!"

"I don't care!" Miranda yelled back, continuing to paint her toe nails.

"Come on Miranda." I sighed.

"It's not like he cares about me anyway, he's got his stupid new girlfriend." I gave Miranda my 'look' and finally she groaned, got up and went downstairs. I went down with her.

It wasn't just Frank, Miranda's Dad, standing in the doorway. His new girlfriend Penina was there and Miranda pretended to puke "Miranda, cut it out." I whispered, walking over to the door "Hi!"

"Hey Rose. This is my girlfriend Penina." Frank smiled.

Penina held out her hands and I shook it "I'm Rose, Miranda's best friend."

"It's nice to meet you." Penina smiled.

I walked back over to Miranda "She's totally nice!" I hissed at her.

"Yeah, on the outside." Miranda hissed back.

"So do you wanna come in?" Dad asked "You could stay for lunch if you want."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah! Actually, I wanted to show you some new lyrics I'd been working on anyway."

"I didn't bring my guitar. I could go get it?"

"Don't worry, I've got a guitar." Dad smiled "Come on in."

Dad and Frank went down into the basement that my Dad had converted into a 'band room' and Mom took Penina into the living room to have a 'girly chat'. Miranda groaned "Well we came downstairs for nothing."

"It wasn't nothing! I met Penina. And I don't get why you hate her so much. She seems nice!" I was pushing it, I knew that. But I had to try, didn't I?

"Drop it Rose." Miranda replied, going back upstairs "Come on, I'll paint your toe nails now if you want."

I glanced into the living room before running upstairs after Miranda. She painted my toe nails orange "Mom phoned last night." Miranda told me "She said she's coming over on Saturday to take me out. She's taking me to Disney Land for the weekend. Isn't that awesome? I could ask if you're allowed to come."

"No, it's okay, you should spend every second with your Mom by herself." I replied. I did wanna go to Disney Land but Miranda's Mom probably wouldn't show up and besides, my Dad had agreed to talk me to Disney Land anyway.

"Penina thinks she's amazing but I bet she'll never take me places like that. And neither will Dad after a while. He'll just be obsessed with Penina and never bother with me."

"That's not true Miranda and you know it." I mumbled.

Miranda ignored me and carried on "But don't worry. She won't be around long."

"What do you mean?" I asked her, looking up.

"Oh you'll see." Miranda grinned.

I gulped. Something bad was going to happen, I just knew it.



[A/N] - Sorry this is so short! D:
Sign up to rate and review this story