Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > I Love Your Hands

Chapter Two

by anonymowriter 1 review

A journey to an unknown place doesn't usually end well.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-09-22 - Updated: 2012-09-22 - 1635 words

0Unrated
Chapter 2

Having given up on life altogether, I started to wear a hat and gloves to work. Oh, and sunglasses. My boss wasn’t too happy, but she understood my situation and didn’t make me take them all off. If she did, I’d feel weird. The first time I wore this attire, I was getting hot, but I really didn’t care. I just stood there, at my register, helping customers who, most of which, were in a hurry today. It was morning, after all.

And then the door swung open and I looked at the person who came in. It was Brendon. He took one look at me and was suddenly infuriated. He cut the line and stood in front of me, “Who are you?! And what have you done with my Ryan?!” he growled, grabbing me by the collar. I gasped and tried to push him off, during which my sunglasses fell off. He let me go and slapped a hand to his mouth, “My Ryan! Why were you hiding? Is there something I need to protect you from?! Just tell me!” he nodded curtly.

Was it bad that I was starting to find this creepiness a little adorable? Probably. I bit my lip and shook my head, “I’m getting sick, so I’m protecting people,” wow. That was such a bullshit lie. But I really hoped I managed to pull it off enough for him to believe me. If he believed me, maybe he’d leave me alone. Right?

Wrong. “You’re sick! You shouldn’t be at work! I’ll take you home and take care of you!” he nodded vigorously, taking my hand into his, “I’ll make sure you get better! Come home with me!” he seemed so determined. And now I wished I hadn’t told him I was sick. Most people would either run in the opposite direction or claim that they wanted to help you, but would stay away from you anyway. Not him. Nope. He was trying to pull me over the counter.

I tried to pull my hand away from him. What was I supposed to do now? Tell him I wasn’t sick? Then what would he do? I didn’t even know. Part of me really didn’t want to know. I kept shaking my head while I tried to pry my hand away from him, but I couldn’t. He was stronger than me—which wasn’t really a feat; I was a small guy. This was one of those moments when I wished I’d taken up tae kwon do or judo or something. Something that would make me stronger.

Even after this, I still didn’t do anything to make me stronger. I never joined a gym, never took up martial arts classes. Meanwhile, I’m standing here, trying not to be pulled over the counter and all the customers are only getting aggravated that they aren’t being helped. Of course this would happen when I was the only one working. My boss had left about half an hour earlier. When I hadn’t said anything, he interlaced our fingers and looked at me like I was dying, “Let me take care of you, sweetheart,” his voice soft and gentle.

But he was scaring the shit out of me. I just shook my head, “Really. I’m okay. I’ll just drink some orange juice and get plenty of rest. I can take care of myself. Thank you though, that’s really sweet,” I gave him as genuine of a smile as I could muster. He didn’t seem like this was enough as he still didn’t let go of my hand. That’s when Alicia walked through the door. And, never in my life had I been this thankful to see her.

She went around the counter with a confused expression on her face, “Uh… Ryan, what’s going on?” she asked a little hesitantly.

“Take over reg. I can deal with this,” I gave her a smile. I was just worried that the customers weren’t getting served. I was more likely to get fired for losing customers than I would be for the attempt at kidnap by this crazy guy.

Some wild spark came into his eyes when I said that to Alicia. Suddenly, I was regretting that. Now I realized that if there was someone else there to do the job I’d been doing, I wasn’t entirely needed. So he could steal me. He let go of my hand and I took a step back. Shit, fuck. This was not going to end well. I watched as he made his way around the counter and pushed open the little door that separated us from the outside world. I looked over at Alicia for help, but she just put up her arms in front of her chest. She didn’t know what to do. Neither did I.

He started coming toward me with this crazed look in his eyes. I was so screwed. I kept backing up until I’d hit the back wall. He kept moving until he finally got to me, “I’ll take care of you,” he gave me this eerily big smile as he grabbed my arms and pulled me into him. His embrace was actually somewhat comforting, but didn’t change at all how scared I was right now or how much I didn’t know what to do. He pulled away and took my hand in his, “I don’t care if I get sick too, we’ll be sick together,” he started to walk away, my hand in his, forcing me to follow him.

I caught Alicia’s eye and she just smiled apologetically. There was nothing she could do. There was also nothing I could do either. He kept pulling me until we got to his car. To be completely honest, it was the OPPOSITE of what I was expecting. Parked in front of me was a sleek red Lamborghini. I was expecting a shopping cart or one of those shitty cars from the 60s that didn’t run anymore.

He pulled open the door and smiled at me, “Get in!” he chirped and I nervously got in and watched him pull the door down. He hopped over to the other side and got in. He pulled out the key and slipped it into the ignition. He pulled out of the spot and started to drive. I had no idea where we were going. Was he rich?

“Is this… your car?” I asked hesitantly. If he just stole it, well then I’d be accessory to steal. Great. That’s just what I needed on my record. He just laughed and kept driving. I wasn’t sure what kind of answer that was, nor was it what I expected. I kind of expected him to tell me it was. I also kind of expected him to not be crazy anymore and tell me that he just… thought I was cute and that he just wanted to see my reactions and that he’s actually a billionaire and not even remotely insane. But he just laughed.

He said nothing as the car gracefully glided over the streets, around curves, through what seemed like miles of trees. It was as if we were going through the twilight zone. I had absolutely no clue where we were going. Then again, how could I? As the car glided along the streets, a horrific feeling raged in the pit of my stomach. There was no way this day could end well.

Then he subtly pulled around a corner and down a long road before a large mansion came into view. This could not be real. He pulled into a curved driveway and parked the car behind a black BMW. He gracefully got out of the car and came over to my side. He pulled the door upward and grabbed my hand, “Come on!” he pulled me out and to the door. He pushed it open, “I’m hooomee~” he sang into the hollow, yet beautiful, house.

There didn’t seem to be any response except for the never-ending echo through the halls. He took my hand and closed the door behind me. He yanked me up the stairs and into a random room. He pushed me on the bed and put his hand to my forehead, “You don’t have a fever,” he pursed his lips, “Are you cold?! If you’re cold, I’ll give you a blanket!” he started to run frantically around the room until he came rushing back at me with a large wool blanket. He put it on me and tucked me in. He smiled and clasped his hands together, “Is that good?! Are you warm now?!” he nodded a lot.

“Brendon?” came a voice at the door. Brendon slowly turned around to look at the male at the door. He took a step back and looked down. The male continued, “Is this another one? Have you stopped your medication? You know what I told you. You can’t stop taking your meds or you’ll revert back and you’ll be worse. You need to start again tomorrow.”

“Can I keep him? Pretty please?”

“No. You have to let him go home.”

“NO!” he yelled as loud as he possibly could. He rushed at him and I jolted up in the bed. Well, shit!

---

A/N: So I'm not quite out of my funk yet, but I felt like writing, so here you go. :) I hope you enjoyed. Please review. Maybe if I get more reviews than I have been getting, I'll start to feel better. Maybe a little.
Sign up to rate and review this story