Categories > Original > Romance > Baby, I'm Not Your Enemy

Chapter 1

by Kittenm 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-01 - Updated: 2012-10-01 - 729 words

0Unrated
I make my way through the crowd of people. I have no idea why I feel so dirty about being here, I mean, it's not like this is the black market or anything. 'This is in no way illegal anymore, Barry, just get over it.'

The auction starts in 15 minutes, and I have a little bit of time to look around. I've never been in this part of town before, I've never had a reason to. How do people do this, everyone knows what you're here for, how are they not ashamed? 'Because, Barry, everyone is here for the same reason.' My logic needs to shut the fuck up.

I walk back to the area where the people being sold are kept. I know that I don't want a girl. Yea, I like boys. Deal with it. I walk over to the line of boys. I say boys because none of these people can be a day over 21. One of the younger ones catches my eye. He can't be anywhere over 19. His form is shaking, his eyes cast downward. I walk over and stand in front of him, and he begins to tremble harder. His brown hair falls over his eyes, preventing me from seeing what color they are. I can tell that he wants to be anywhere but here, and I wonder what his story is.

"You can inspect him if you want. There are still," A man approaches me from behind, speaking then stopping to check his watch, " 7 minutes until the auction." The boy begins to shake even harder at the man's words. I tilt his head up gently, forcing him to meet my eye. The brilliant shade of dark ocean blue that meets my own olive eyes is filled with fear. I let my fingers run over his bare chest, feeling the smooth, pale olive skin. He's well built, but not overly muscular, and he's skinny. A pair of thin linen pants hang loosely off his hips, falling to brush the floor. It's a bit weird how they have the slaves actually wearing something. I guess it's just so that they have a little bit of modesty. I smile a bit at the young man in front of me. I guess I know which one I'm bidding for.

I walk out to where they are holding the auction, and wait for maybe 2 minutes. Then the auctioneer walks out and greets us all. The first one they bring out doesn't hold my interest. Neither do the next several. Although, several do try to fight and others cry and scream and yell.

Then they bring him on. He tries to pull away at first, but stands still after being hit across the face. His wrists are bound in front of him, and some determination has found it's way into his blue eyes. He keeps his head held high as the bidding starts. I hear someone yell "10,000!"

"11,000!" I yell out, know that if I push high enough, I can outbid this other person.

"11,500!" I knew he was going to do this.

"13,000!" That shuts the other person up, and the auctioneer states that I've won.

After the auction, I walk back to the back area, where I'm supposed to pick him up. I see a crowd people surrounding the area. I didn't realize how many slaves were being sold until I walked back here and saw all the people.

When I can finally get in, one of the people working the auction recognizes me and brings me over to him. He looks at me, defiance taking place of the fear that was in his eyes earlier. I didn't realize how short he was earlier, either. I can see other people dragging the people they bought out roughly, and I don't want to do that. I gently take a hold of the rope binding his wrists together, making a mental note to get that off him as soon as possible, and place a hand on the small of his back. He jerks softly, obviously uncomfortable with the touch. I manage to get him to walk towards the car I came in, sitting him in the backseat. I sit down with him, and tell my driver to take us home. This is when he finally breaks down, his fear becoming obvious.

"Hey, hey, don't cry. My name's Barry, what's yours?"
Sign up to rate and review this story