Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Fabulous Killjoys:A Very Short Engagement

by ChloeLoveSoup_x 0 reviews

When The Fabulous Killjoys are killed, Emerald Spyder wont believe it. She's Fun Ghoul's fiancee, and surely he wouldn't just leave her like that?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2012-10-04 - Updated: 2012-10-04 - 2287 words

0Unrated
I looked into Dr. Death Defying's eyes. There was no dishonesty in there. What he'd said was true. The Killjoys were dead. One of them, Fun Ghoul, would be the hardest to lose. We had been together for the last two years. We were due to get married the next week. And now he was dead. Dr. D's voice broke the silence: "I'm sorry you've lost such an admirable fiancee. I also know you were close friends of the Killjoys. I can honestly tell you that they will be honoured and remembered for what they did for us.".

I just couldn't hold back my emotions after that sentence. My knees buckled, and I fell to the floor, crying uncontrollably. And even the voice of Dr. D couldn't comfort me now. The only thing that could was my husband-to-be, Fun Ghoul, holding me. But he couldn't. And that would be the hardest thing to accept.

3 DAYS EARLIER.....(A/N flashback, spooky :D)

I waited by the tree on the edge of the base. It was Fun Ghoul and mine's special place. It had been since we started dating eachother, two years ago today. I waited for him to meet me. He was late. As usual! I started to think about radioing him, just to see where he was, but then I saw a shadow approaching in the distance. "This must be him..." I thought to myself. And it was. I saw him walking up to me, clutching something in his pocket. I strided over to him, smiling. He looked at me, and his face lit up, and he smiled the smile I loved to see. He then said to me; "Em, we love eachother right?" I was quite baffled by this question. "Of course, why? What's wrong?" Came my curious reply. "Oh! Nothings wrong, dont worry. I just had to be sure." I was slightly confused by this...until he got down on one knee, and pulled out a small box from his pocked. Was this really happening?! When he opened the box, I saw the most beautiful diamond encrusted ring. Diamond is so rare nowadays, it must have been very expensive and hard to find. Then he opened his mouth, and began to ask the question...

"Emerald Spyder, I love you more than anything. I want to be with you forever, and I hope you feel the same way. Will you marry me?"

My hand flew to my mouth, tears began to sting my eyes. I finally found my words and said the words he wanted to hear: "Yes! Of course I will!"

His face lit up more than it had before, and he slipped the ring onto my finger and kissed me, slowly and passionatley. Then, to my surprise, the Killjoys ran at us, and hugged us. I hadn't heard them coming. They were my best friends, and I could tell that they were all very happy for us. Jet Star was the first to congratulate us; "Great going, you guys! This is going to be amazing!"

Kobra Kid spoke up next; "Jet's right, this is the best thing that's happened in so long!"

Party Poison didn't say anything at first, he just walked up to Fun Ghoul and gave him a huge bear hug; "Good going, buddy! I knew you could do it!" then he turned to me;" Congratulations! Be good to him!"

I laughed before hugging each of them individually and showing off my ring. Then Party's radio began to buzz, he walked away from us to answer it in private. We carried on talking. Somehow we made it onto the topic of wedding plans...

"So, when are you actually going to get married? Soon I hope!" Said Kobra

"Dude, we can get married next week if we want to, just as long as we're together." Came Fun's excited reply.

"Hey..we actually could! If we give Diamond Bumper our measurements, she could get us all kitted out properly in time. And if we ask Dr. D really nicely, he could take the sevice for us! There doesn't have to be loads of people there, just us five and some family and friends!" I replied, buzzing with excitement.

Jet Star looked impressed with my ideas, "Can us three be the best men?" he asked.

"Of course you can, stupid!" I said giggling, he smiled at me.

"So then, next friday?" Fun asked me. I was surprised he wanted to do it so soon, but I couldn't disagree, I wanted to hurry up and have our love made truly official.

"Its a date." I said, before smiling and leaning in to kiss him.

Party started walking back, his face much less enthusiastic than when he walked away.

"Bad news, guys. Very bad news." His voice sounded stretched, as though he couldn't quite believe what he was saying. "We have to go after the Innocent. I know that you wanted her to be safe, but its too dangerous to go after her."

"I'm not following you, Party...What's going on?" Fun asked, his arms tightening around my waist.

"Its too dangerous for any old killjoy to go after her. So Dr.D is getting us to do it."

"That doesn't sound so bad! We wanted this anyway." Said Kobra, Party's younger brother.

"Theres one small problem" Said Party. And we all know him well enough to understand that when he says 'small problem' its probably a huge one. "She's in the Scarecrow unit."

All of their faces fell. The Scarecrow unit was the most Drac-filled area in the whole of Battery City!! If they went they'd surely be killed!!

"You guys can't go, you'll be slaughtered!" I said, worry and anxiety taking over my speech

"We have to." Said Kobra "If Dr. D wants us to, then we have to go."

"Can't you pull out of it, or something?!" I asked him worriedly. He shook his head.

A tear streaked down my cheek. I turned towards my brand new fiancee. He wiped the tear from my face and kissed my cheek. "We'll be fine, baby. We're the best survivors in the whole of Battery City." he whispered in my ear as he cradled me in his arms.

"How can you be sure?" I said, my tear filled eyes staring up at his angelic face.

"Trust me." After he said that, I couldn't help it. I trusted him with all my heart. He would return to me. I knew it.

(so basically right at the start of this chapter, the preface if you will, the following writing is literally just before that.)

"Can Emerald Spyder please report to Dr. Death Defying's office. I repeat, can Emerald Spyder please report to Dr. Death Defying's office." Came Dr.D's voice over the tannoy. I clutched the photo of the killjoys and I in my hand, then got up and left my room for the first time in three days. I wasn't far from Dr. D's office, so it didn't take me long to get there. I stood outside his door and lifted up my hand to knock. I hesitated. What if it was bad news? No. It wouldn't be. Fun promised me. I knocked on the door. "Come in." Came Dr. D's booming voice. I entered, and sat down in front of him.

"You know that your friends and your boyfriend-"

"Fiancee." I quickly corrected him. I even tried to show off the ring, but I dont think he noticed.

"You know they went on a mission to rescue the innocent."

"Yes." I replied. I was there when they were told. How did he not know this?

"Well..."

"What is it?" This was the first time I'd ever heard Dr.D hesitate.

"This is difficult..." He said after taking a few seconds to find his words.

"Just come straight out with it." I told him. I didn't like to be kept waiting from information about my best friends...and my new fiancee, who had to dissappear literally minutes after we got engaged.

"They went into the Scarecrow unit, and got past the Dracs. They were about to leave, when they hit an ambush. None survived but the innocent."

I couldn't speak. It took me a while to find my words. "Are you sure? There could be some mistake!"

I looked into Dr. Death Defying's eyes. There was no dishonesty in there. What he'd said was true. The Killjoys were dead. One of them, Fun Ghoul, would be the hardest to lose. We had been together for the last two years. We were due to get married the next week. And now he was dead. Dr. D's voice broke the silence: "I'm sorry you've lost such an admirable fiancee. I also know you were close friends of the Killjoys. I can honestly tell you that they will be honoured and remembered for what they did for us.".

I just couldn't hold back my emotions after that sentence. My knees buckled, and I fell to the floor, crying uncontrollably. And even the voice of Dr. D couldn't comfort me now. The only thing that could was my husband-to-be, Fun Ghoul, holding me. But he couldn't. And that would be the hardest thing to accept.

Then I managed to get my emotions back under control. "Get me the Innocent. I want to talk to her."

(A/N how you liking it so far, my little motorbabies?! Theres a ton of emotions bouncing around here, so I'm just gonna carry on)

2 HOURS LATER:

The Innocent sat across the table from me. I stared into her eyes. She stared back. So much sadness in those eyes. So much pain.

"What the hell happened in there?" I asked her.She took a deep breath before opening her mouth to speak. I leaned closer to her. I wanted to hear every detail.

"The Killjoys came to rescue me. I had been kidnapped by Dracs. I was so scared..." she paused for a second and looked down as though she was trying to get rid of a painful memory. "They killed most of them, but we ran into a trap. Hundreds of them kept on running at us from every direction. Party killed one, I think he was one of his old friends or something because he hesitated. Then he got pinned up against the wall by the leader..the bald guy..I dont know his name. He shot him in the throat. Then Kobra saw and got angry. He started running towards them, but he got shot down by Dracs." I felt tears streak down my face as I visualised my best friends being shot and killed. But the innocent carried on. "Then I was running for the door, Jet was in front of me and Fun was behind me." I leaned in further."Me and Jet got out of the door when hundreds more came. Fun Ran to the door, but closed it behind us. The door was glass so we could see him shooting at them, trying to cover us. Jet grabbed my hand and pulled me along. Through the window, I could see him getting shot down trying to protect us. Jet was shot as I was getting into the van."

I Couldn't breathe. Tears were streaming down my face. My vision was blurred, my nose was blocked. This couldn't have happened. I stared down at my hand, the engagement ring was still there, unlike the man who gave it to me. I stood up and left the room, unable to stand it any longer. Dr. D was outside waiting for me. He put his arm around my shoulder. "I'm sorry, but there's nothing we can do." he said, trying to sound comforting.

"There's something I can do." I said. He stared at me with a strange look on his face. "I can go after them. I can see if there's a way to bring them back, and if there isn't I can bring back their bodies so they don't have to stay in that awful place." My words were distorted by my crying. Dr. D shook his head. "No way. There's nothing you can do, Emerald!"

"Please let me try? I have nothing left to lose!" I pleaded.

"That place is infested with Dracs, you'll be killed!"

"Then at least I'll be reunited with them somehow. I'll go by myself, just..please. Let me try. For them." I stared up into his eyes. He couldn't refuse. He looked down at me (as most people have to do, as I am quite short), and said; "Be careful."

"Thank you." I said, relieved. I stood on my tiptoes and kissed his cheek.

I quickly raced back to my room, got some food and drink supplies before taking out a case from under my bed, I opened it and took out a sidearm. I loaded it, then strapped it to my leg. I strapped a knife to my other leg, just for good measure. It would take a few days to get there by foot, but I would do it. I would do it because they would do it for me. And I realised, maybe this was my calling. Maybe this is what I was born to do. I put my photo of the killjoys and I into my front pocket, so they would always be close to my heart, and walked to the exit gate at the far edge of the base. I stood staring at it for a few seconds, before whispering to myself: "The future is bulletproof..."

Then I opened the gate, and began walking down the road. The road that would take me, either to my life, or to my death...

_____________________________________________________________________________
Sign up to rate and review this story