Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Once Upon A December

[A/N] - I had half this chapter written out and Ficwad fucking deleted it! AHHHHH! I'm really pissed off but I'm gonna re-write the chapter...

"Sure?" Sara asked, looking around nervously. She's talking to me now but she can only handle a few words at a time without going white and starting to shake so she's taking it easy with the whole talking thing.

I nodded "Yeah, this is something that I need to do."

"Where?"

"Just trust me, I know where I'm going." I replied "Look, here's the train. Quick! Get on!" We ran forward and jumped onto the train. Once we were sat down in our seats Sara looked at me as if expecting me to start explaining why we were on a train to her. I sighed "I need to go and see Shayla. There's something that me and this other boy did to her that I'm not proud of."

"What? Who?"

"You probably remember Shayla, my Dad's ex-girlfriend. And the boy was my asshole of a boyfriend at the time. His name was Logan I think. Anyway, my parents had recently split up and I hated the fact that Shayla was in his life. So one night when our Dad's were performing, me and Logan were sat outside the arena together and I dared him to phone up Shayla and pretend to be my Dad. And so he did and he started saying all this stuff about how Dad was cheating on her and he was sorry but he didn't love her anymore. And Shayla really believed it was my Dad. At the time I thought I was happy. I was especially happy when me and my Dad went over and Shayla started screaming at him to leave because she hated him. I was over the moon... Until we got home and Dad just sat on the sofa and stared into space all night. He carried on like that for a week until he finally decided to move on. And then I decided that I didn't want him to be lonely."

"Penina?"

"I know, I know. But I'd been thinking in the time my Dad was single. Why did he need a girlfriend anyway? Why couldn't he just be happy with me? And I guess I was still hoping that my Mom would show up and we'd be the perfect family again." I snorted "Yeah, right. Like that's ever gonna happen. Not that I want it to now." Sara looked at me "I don't, honestly. When I went over to her house she was really rude."

"How?"

"Well I guess for most of the time she was amazing and I thought she was the best Mom in the whole world. She brought me all this cool stuff, well stuff that I thought was cool, and then she brought me back to her super amazing flat. But then she said she wanted to go out by herself. I asked her to stay but she didn't want to. I know I'm old enough to be left alone by myself but I hate being alone by myself. Obviously I'm not scared, I'm not scared of anything, but Dad would never have left me alone. So I was annoyed that my Mom would. And then she came back with this guy and said she was gonna dump me back at my Dad's so she could spent time with him..." I wiped away a tear furiously "Whatever. I don't need her. All I need is my Dad. And maybe Penina. But I fucked everything up." Sara opened her mouth "Don't tell me it wasn't my fault. Because I'm not just talking about the fire. I know that that was a mistake but all the shouting I did beforehand. I told Penina I wished she'd die. And she ran off to cry about it." I sighed "It's no wonder that my Dad won't believe me when I say I didn't do it."

"We'll tell him."

"He won't believe me. I know that if I were him that I wouldn't believe me either. Well, I can get rid of some of the guilt I'm feeling. We need to talk to Shayla. And then we need to talk to my Mom. Then I feel like I need to apologise to some of the others back at home. I think you know who I'm talking about." Sara nodded "Thanks for coming with me Sara. I'd have been really scared by myself."

Sara giggled "Not scared of anything?" She reminded me.

I smiled at her "Okay, maybe I'm scared of some things. Like being left alone by myself."

"Why?"

"I don't know. I've just hated it ever since my Mom walked out on me." I shrugged my shoulders "Maybe I'm just worried that if my Dad leaves me by myself that he'll never come back, just like Mom did. But it doesn't matter. Even though I nearly burned his girlfriend alive, I know he'll never leave me. And I know he'll forgive me in the end. Because I'm going to try my best to show him and Penina that I want us to be a real family. That's what they want as well. I'm sure of it."
Sign up to rate and review this story