Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > If These Sheets Were The States

If These Sheets Were The States

by emptypillowtalk 5 reviews

My name’s Gerard Way; I’m 15 years old and go to Westwood Private School, Belleville. Frank Iero is the most amazing person I've ever met. He’s funny, smart, rocks at guitar and listens to me...

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-10-10 - Updated: 2012-10-10 - 935 words

5Exciting
Title: If These Sheets Were The States – All Time Low, Don’t Panic 2012-10-09
Pairing: Frerard
Rating: T/PG-13

Hey guys! This is my first Fanfiction on this site, so yeah.. I don't really know anyone on here except CosmicZombie xD So Hai Lucy, this fic's for you! My name's Georgie and I'm here to hopefully give you an enjoyable reading experience. Please R&R, it would mean a lot! :D♥
xo EmptyPillowTalk

Prologue

My name’s Gerard Way; I’m 15 years old and go to Westwood Private School, Belleville. I live with my brother Mikey, sister Taylor and my Mom and Dad. Oh and we have a cat called Billie Joe. And yes, my cat is named after Billie Joe Armstrong from Green Day but that is totally irrelevant right now. I have three best friends, Ray Toro, Bob Bryar and Frank Iero. Ray is a guitar god, he really is. He could be Hendrix! Bob is well, Bob. It’s because of Bob we don’t get shit in school because well, Bob’s a big guy and not even the jocks would cross him. Frank? Well, Frank Iero is the most amazing person I’ve ever met. He’s funny, smart, rocks at guitar and listens to me when I start rambling and doesn’t tell me to “Shut the fuck up you homosexual idiot” as Ray likes to put it. That usually ends in Ray getting a copy of whatever magazine or comic I’m reading thrown at him, normally ending up in his gigantic fro and me having to fish it out. I spend most of my time daydreaming and drawing creepy vampires and zombies in class which my teachers find creepy but Frank finds pretty fucking awesome.

There’s gonna be one thing still missing this year, though. In the summer of when I was 12, my best friend Abbie’s parents were sick of her games and fooling around. They moved to England and put Abbie in boarding school, meaning that I’d never see her. Her parents never liked me anyway, with my jet black hair, eyeliner and creepy obsession with The Misfits and a coffee addiction to end all addictions. I still chat to Abbie online but it’s never going to be the same as when we were children and would lounge around on my bed day after day talking about stuff like what band was better The Bouncing Souls or as Mikey always rooted for, Anthrax, and the plural of moose which is obviously moosi but neither Abbie or Mikey would agree with me on that one.

“I’m telling you, it’s meese!” 10 year old Mikey said, dipping his hand in the bag of skittles lying on the bed.
“Oh shut up, Mikey.” Abbie said, kicking Mikey slightly and laughing, nearly choking on the skittles in her mouth. “It’s just moose!”
I laughed at the pair and shook my head “guys, it’s moosi.” I said, being the older and wiser child at age 12, whilst Abbie was only 10 like Mikey and still young indeed.
“Idiots!” Frank exclaimed, chewing on his Oreo. “It’s moose’s!”
“Guys, shut up, don’t argue when I’m right!” Abbie said, giggling and taking another handful of skittles. We spent most of our summer like that, not knowing that it would be our last and Abbie would move away shortly.

The day before Abbie was due to move, she told us. It was a shock to us all and we all said our farewells that evening. I walked Abby to her house down the street and held her hand the whole way there, damn, would I miss her, more than I’d ever imagine.

“Goodbye, Gerard.” Abbie said, not letting go of my hand and looking at me with deep, sad eyes. Tears started to fall down her face and I pulled her into a hug.
“Hey, don’t cry, beautiful. This isn’t the end. We’ll always be friends. I promise” I said, awkwardly laughing. I pulled her out of the hug; our faces only millimetres apart and I kissed her. It wasn’t a long kiss, but it wasn’t a short kiss. It was more of a sloppy meeting of lips if anything. We both pulled apart quickly and make disgusted faces at each other, half laughing. I shook my head and smirked at Abbie, “No. No, no, no. Ew. Gross.” Abbie smiled at me and nodded with agreement, it was an awkward first kiss for us both, but hey, nothing was going to ruin this goodbye.
“I’d best be off…” Abbie said, pointing her head in the direction of her front door. “I’ll miss you.” I smiled at her and felt the tears run down my face, we were both just silly kids with no idea what was really happening, but damn it hurt.
“I’ll miss you too, Gerard.” Abbie opened her front door, not letting go of my hand until she had to. I dropped in her hand a necklace, silver with vampire fangs on it. She loved it, of course, I know her too well.

I walked back through the cold August street till I reached my house and stared back down at Abbie’s house. “I’ll really miss you.” I whispered into the cool night air. It was going to be a tough few years, I knew it, but nothing could prepare me for the events that happened in my sophomore year of High School.

I’m Gerard Way, and this is my story.
Sign up to rate and review this story