Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Do what it takes to survive.

Goodnight Dr. Death

by FifiFiona

Loneliness can drive people to do things they don't want to do.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: NC-17 - Genres: Horror,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] [?] - Published: 2012-10-12 - Updated: 2012-10-12 - 1161 words - Complete

?Blocked
Sniff this is the last chapter :( I’ll talk a bit more at the end of the story so enjoy :)

5 hours Gerard spent rocking Frank back and forward in his arms. Gerard never thought he could care about someone so much. He never really let anyone in because he was scared they would use him and leave him like everyone else had. But Frank, Frank was different. He was kind to Gerard, believed he was perfect. Even though he is not.

The tears from Gerard’s eyes were drying up simply because there was no more water in his body to produce them, definitely not because he wasn’t sad anymore. Gerard had been depressed before and he turned to self harm. The scars across his body still haunt him everyday reminding him of his weakness. How he felt just now was a trillion times worse than then because now he was completely alone in the world. He ran away with the boy he loved and now he was dead. He was gone. Gerard couldn’t handle the pain that was tearing at his insides.

Gerard gently pushed Frank off his body so he could stand up because he was so sure he was going to be sick any moment. The realisation of his isolation was too much for him to handle. He was bent over clutching at his stomach trying to make the tearing sensation inside his stomach leave because he could barely breathe. Gerard then puked all over the ground around him because he just wasn’t strong enough.

Gerard stopped frozen, he had the worst thought he ever had. The people Frank and himself had killed, had their families felt the same way Gerard had at that moment when they found out their son, daughter, brother. sister, friend had been brutally murdered. One night when Frank and Gerard were sat in each other’s arms and were telling one and other everything the smaller boy called Gerard “Dr. Death because he was the planner, the mastermind of murder.” At first Gerard was flattered that Frank saw him as some sort of genius. Now he was sad to think he was the person behind ruining people’s lives. Frank thought of himself as the monster but maybe Gerard was just as much of one as Frank was.

There was no way Gerard wanted to feel sorry for himself. He was more disappointed that things turned out this way. Gerard loved Frank. The hardest part of everything was knowing that the perfect time spent with Frank was done, gone forever. They would never share an innocent kiss and cuddle, never have their chats about everything; every feeling, every memory, every fear, all gone.

Gerard couldn’t go home because, well, what was there for him? Nothing. He knew what he had to do. Gerard knew his life was headed this way for a long time, he didn’t know how or when but it was coming. He walked towards Frank and picked him up in his arms. He placed his lips against Frank’s for the last time.

“Frank I’m sorry for everything that has happened. I never thought it would end this way. I love you.” Gerard whispered. He had a feeling that maybe Frank could here him somewhere and was hopefully forgiving him. Gerard took some rope he picked up in town the week before and tied it around a branch of a tree. He gently hung Frank’s lifeless body from it. The second piece of rope was tied beside it. Gerard climbed the tree and slowly hung on the branch by his hand. He grabbed Frank’s hand and squeezed tightly. The tears had picked up again, Gerard couldn’t stop himself this was happening and he was scared. Gerard wasn’t scared of dying, he had no reason to live, he was scared he would never find Frank.

“Frank I promise to be with you soon, goodbye world. It’s my time to go. I guess Frank would make some quirky joke like ‘this is Dr. D signing off.’” Gerard giggled because he knew that Frank would say something like that in such a serious situation. Gerard let go off the branch and swung on the rope. He wanted to die thinking of something happy and that was Frank. Frank was the only thing in his life that made him genuinely happy.

Two lifeless bodies hung from the tree, hand in hand. The end was a tragic love story, a love story nonetheless. The two boys would now always be together forever.

__________________________________________________________________________________

“Mikey! Don’t run away from me!” A woman called after her 6 year old son. The mother and son went for a walk into the woods because Mikey enjoyed playing in a place where no one would find him and cause his fantasy to be destroyed by reality.

“But mommy I’m a big boy now!” Despite his mum’s insistent demands to get back. He kept running freely deeper and deeper into the woods. Until he saw something that he didn’t understand. Two boys were hanging from the trees. The whole thing seemed confusing for the 6 year old, why were they there? And why were they holding hands? Mikey didn’t know how he felt, he was scared but also felt sorry for the two lifeless bodies. Mikey decided the best thing to do was run in the opposite direction. He didn’t want his mum to see the image he was facing at the moment. The young boy knew his mum would over react and start screaming for him to get away from the dead bodies. Mikey had a feeling things would be much easier if he left the two boys alone.

Mikey returned to the trees only a few times over the 10 years since the first time he witnessed the incident. There was something that Mikey was drawn in by; maybe it was the tragedy of the boy’s situation that he found interesting. Eventually the boy’s were found and taken down from the tree but still Mikey went back to the place where one day he could bring someone who he loved just like Frank and Gerard had.

Sooo there it is Do What It Takes To Survive finished. I want to cry. :( Before you leave I want you all to know, I do not want any of you to ever feel like taking your life. I hate writing about suicide but that was the direction this story was headed.
*]
[*On a happier note I had sooooo much fun writing this story! I have started to write other stuff… ;) please R&R... I would definitely like to say thank you to RockMusic for reviewing almost every chapter! You are awesome! And just a general thank you to everyone who has read it. Maybe we will cross paths again guys but for now so long and goodnight. :)
Sign up to rate and review this story