Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Do what it takes to survive.

All we are is bullets.

by FifiFiona 1 review

Everyone has a secret that you wouldn’t expect. It’s just some secrets are more extreme than others.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2012-10-04 - Updated: 2012-10-05 - 1324 words - Complete

0Unrated
Hello :D So pre-warning: get some tissues.

The atmosphere between the two boys had definitely deteriorated. Silence frequently loomed between them. This is obviously not surprising given the situation. It had been over a week since the scenario with Bob. Now, they didn’t feel it would be the best idea to go back to woods just yet so they walked the busy streets of New Jersey. They held each others hand tightly while travelling through the people of the city. The familiar skin created a comfort for both boys. The rain battered against the concrete pavement and the sky was still dark.

It sounds weird but Frank and Gerard didn’t really know what to do when they weren’t killing people. They had spent a few weeks together but didn’t do anything else other than hunt people so finding something to do was proving itself to be a bit of a challenge.

Frank had his mind set on giving up killing. He didn’t want to be seen as a monster because he wasn’t like that. He wanted the side of him that had fallen in love with Gerard to dominate over the side that craved people’s souls. Gerard wanted the good side of Frank to shine through as much as possible, obviously, but he didn’t want the consequence of losing the boy he had so deeply fallen in love with.

Back in the days of their old lives neither boy was gay, or at least hadn’t discovered it yet, so finding each other opened up a lot of feelings not only for each other but for themselves. Looking into what you really are makes you a better, stronger person. Cheesy but it’s true, Gerard and Frank had found this out first hand.

“How are you feeling?” Gerard asked with a worried tone in his voice. He noticed that Frank’s face was squinted as though he was in pain. Frank wasn’t exactly in pain but you know when you’re really hungry and your stomach starts to ache because it’s empty? Well that’s how Frank was feeling. The discomfort was still not enough to convince him to eat though.

“I’m fine. How about we get some coffee though?” The mention of coffee got Gerard’s taste buds tingling. It had been a couple of days since he last had coffee and he was starting to have withdrawal symptoms. Gerard only has one vice and that is coffee. He doesn’t really drink or smoke, just overdoses on caffeine.

They approached the nearest Starbucks and ordered two black coffees to go. They weren’t really in the mood to sit around people who lived such average lives. The people went about their days completely oblivious to the fact they were in the presence of two homicidal killers. They looked like any other couple you would walk past in the street but everyone has a secret that you wouldn’t expect. It’s just some secretes were more extreme than others.

Back in the woods darkness ascended over the trees. Both Frank and Gerard were completely soaked at this point from the heavy downpour of rain. They hadn’t spoken much during the day. They both had too much to think about. Silence made the woods seem louder. They could hear animals running in between the trees causing the dead leaves on the ground to flutter and rustle. They had never taken the time to take in the beauty of the place they had been staying in. It was so natural, it almost represented their relationship. They had this natural thing between them, it didn’t matter that Frank wasn’t completely human, it didn’t matter he was picked on, it didn’t matter that Gerard had a shit home. It did matter that they were in love though.

They took a seat in their usual spot. Gerard wrapped an arm around Frank and pulled him in for an innocent kiss.

“Gerard it hurts.” Frank bubbled. There was no need to explain, Gerard knew what he was talking about and caused Gerard’s inside to squirm, it was difficult seeing Frank like this. Frank was coming over an addiction so it was going to be painful. The taller boy kept as positive as he could in this situation by telling himself that there was a chance that Frank could get better that maybe he would get clean like a drug addict. Frank wasn’t so hopeful.

Gerard held Frank close like if they moved apart he would lose Frank forever. He saw the grind of despair in Frank’s expression. The taller boy was determined to make Frank happier so kissed him with so much lust he thought his mind would go completely cloudy. Gerard pushed his tongue as far into Frank’s mouth as he could without choking him. Teeth knocked together and tongues were wrestling. The kiss kept heating up until Frank pulled away to breathe.

“I love you Gerard. You have no idea how much you mean to me. My time with you has been better than anything I’ve ever experienced.” Frank panted.

“Stop talking like you’re going to die! You don’t know what’s going to happen because Frank you are unique and special. I know you can overcome this just don’t give up.” Gerard’s voice was pleading as his eyes filled with water. Frank, too, was now in floods of tears. He didn’t like Gerard upset but the boy had to understand there was nothing he could do. He was getting weaker by the minute. Frank wasn’t scared of dying because it was inevitable that he wasn’t going to survive but he was scared of leaving Gerard alone.

“Yeah maybe you’re right. I guess we should probably get some sleep anyway.” Frank kissed Gerard on the lips and remained there for a long time before finally pulling away. “Goodnight. I love you Gerard.”

“I love you too, Frank. Just remember the power of positive thinking.” Gerard desperately tried to lighten the mood but it couldn’t be lifted. They both fell asleep with Frank tightly wrapped inside Gerard’s arms. For the first time that day, Gerard felt content that everything was going to be okay.

The sun rose the next morning but hardly any sunbeams were radiating past the black clouds. The rain kept pouring all night, they had been slightly sheltered by the trees. Gerard looked down at Frank who was still lying in his arms. The smaller boy looked so peaceful. His black fringe fell over his pale face.

“Good morning Frank.” Gerard gently whispered in Frank’s ear placing a light kiss on the smaller boys collarbone. Frank didn’t wake so Gerard shook him. Still no response. So Gerard shook much harder screaming Frank’s name. He finally checked the smaller boy’s pulse to find nothing.

“No! Frank! Please. No!” Gerard held Frank even closer. Tears dripping down his face but were wiped away from the rain drops falling from the sky. The thunder blared loudly in the distance. Gerard was shaking so uncontrollably now and was struggling to breathe. He didn’t know what he was going to without Frank. The boy was the only person on Earth that he had, no one else cared but Frank did. He saw past all of Gerard’s flaws and loved him. Now he lay in Gerard’s arms still and lifeless like the rest of the people they had killed together.


You have no idea how difficult this was for me to write. I was genuinely crying by the end. OH THE EMOTIONS! Hope you liked it and I am sad to say there will only be one more chapter of this story :( Please R&R and an update shall be made soonish.
Sign up to rate and review this story