Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > How wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying.

How wrong we were to think that immortality meant never dying.

by FifiFiona 2 reviews

Is blood really thicker than water? Gerard had to decide; Frank or Mikey?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2012-10-10 - Updated: 2012-10-15 - 1014 words

2Insightful
Hello lovelies. This is my new story. I’m really excited about it! So many ideas! Hope you enjoy the first chapter! :) Oh and I promise more will happen after this chapter ;)

Michael James Way. An average 16 year old boy with the confidence of a spoon. Yeah, Mikey finds it difficult to communicate with other people because of his shyness. He doesn’t know where the lack of confidence developed from it just came. Maybe it was puberty, never the less it was a pain in the ass. Now he is left with no friends and trying to battle his way through high school. You see, Mikey was skinny and lanky with glasses that hung on the end of his nose. In other words a perfect mark for bullies.

Mikey was fortunate in that he had an older brother, Gerard, who would always look out for him. Gerard was the only person in and out of school that actually gave a fuck if Mikey lived or died. Mikey’s brother was only a year older than him but still people knew not to cross him. Gerard wasn’t popular or cool, in fact he looked as much a misfit as Mikey did with his dark clothing, eyeliner and black nail polish, but he still found the courage to stand up for Mikey when he needed him. Mikey knows high school would be much harder without his brother, his best and only friend.

There is nothing Mikey enjoys more than getting home from school to go up to his room. Shut the door and practice bass. These were the only times Mikey felt completely relaxed and comfortable. The 16 year old was a very intricate person and never let anyone come into his bubble. But when he listened to music he could escape from the enclosed space he kept himself in. Music meant so much to Mikey, it was basically the only thing keeping him sane and alive.

The notes Mikey played on his bass flowed into his ears. Mikey started to learn bass when he was 10 years old and found he was naturally talented, like he was destined to play the instrument. It was his everything. For the few minutes he played music, he forgot about everything that happened to him out with the room. In this box of a room he was at peace. No one could laugh at him, call him names, beat him up, anything.

“Mikey? You home?” A boy called from downstairs. Mikey recognised the voice straight away. He knew it was Gerard and so wanted to go and see him. Mikey gently put down his bass before he dived out of his room and skipped down the stairs. He was excited to tell his older brother that he had gone the entire day without getting picked on. It was the first day in years he had avoided any teasing by anyone. It was definitely an accomplishment.

Mikey was abruptly stopped in his tracks when he saw an, unfortunately, familiar face. Gerard’s best friend, Frank, had always been an ass to Mikey. Frank was the schools punk rock kid. The leather jackets, the piercings, the tattoos, the fringe that flopped in front of his face, Frank had it all. The short boy was the one that led the bullying towards him. Frank was invincible against Mikey because Gerard would never believe that Frank, oh sweet Frank, would do anything to cause Mikey any distress. Yeah right. He was the worst of them all because he could get to Mikey when he was at home.

“Mikey how are you?” Frank said with a grin on his face. “I briefly heard you playing bass up there. You’re really sounding good! We should definitely jam some time.“ Mikey simply stared at Frank, wondering if what he was saying was true. Gerard saw the friendly conversation and so strode into the kitchen leaving the two most important boys in his life to have a chat. As soon as Gerard was out of earshot, Frank saw his opportunity for a bit of fun. “Alright fucker. You know I thought I should probably let you know that Steve and Alex are not very happy with you for avoiding them at school today. Sooo they said that they were going to get you back tomorrow. Just a heads up.” Frank started laughing as he headed in the direction of the kitchen to join Gerard.

Mikey stood at the bottom of the stairs frozen. Steve and Alex were the biggest guys at their school. Basically they could beat up Mickey without a droplet of sweat. Mikey felt his heart rate speeding up and his awkward knees were quaking. He genuinely thought he was going to lose balance at any moment. So Mikey ran back upstairs to the safest place on the planet for him. His room.

Frank comes over to the Way household almost everyday after school. And every day makes Mikey feel shit about himself. Gerard and him were inseparable. They had been best friends for years. So Mikey had experienced the bullying for years. Every time Mikey tried to tell Gerard the truth about Frank, it would be waved to the side as a misunderstanding. Mikey understood why Gerard and Frank were such good friends, they had so much in common. If Frank wasn’t so mean to the younger boy then maybe they would have gotten a long too. But the dark side of Frank would never change and Mikey had come to terms with that. No matter how hard he tried to get along with the short boy there was no changing the situation.

Mikey hated being picked on so much! He just wanted to finish high school without people going out of their way to make it difficult for him. The anger is constantly bubbling up inside him. Its been happening for too long and he was becoming sick of it.

That’s it :) R&R please :) Next chapter soonish because it’s the start of my holidays next week! Yay!! xD
Sign up to rate and review this story