Categories > Original > Drama > Growing Up

Chapter 6

by atomickilljoy 3 reviews

"Wrong choice. Now, I'm going to make your life a living hell."

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2012-10-20 - Updated: 2012-10-20 - 616 words

0Unrated
"What the fuck?!" Tre screamed.

Jennifer smiled, happy she didn't have to kiss Alex.

"I'm sorry!" Brendon said "I don't know what happened!"

Alex was in shock. After a few seconds, it was evident that tears welled up in his eyes, but he didn't let them spill. Alex had a bloody nose, dripping like a broken faucet. Brendon's knuckle was bloody, which meant he threw a lot into that one punch.

Jennifer got up from her spot, right as Tre was taking Alex into the basement bathroom.

"I'll take care of Brendon!" Jennifer called out to Tre.

Tre nodded as he disappeared with Alex.

"That's what she said" Mike giggled.

Jennifer rolled her eyes and took Brendon into the upstairs bathroom.

"Are you mad?" Brendon asked when they were in the bathroom.

"I'm not mad. I'm actually quite relieved." Jennifer said.

She took his hand and ran it under the cold water.

"Why did you do it?" Jennifer asked, breaking the silence.

"I don't know. Why do you do half of the stuff you do?" Brendon asked.

Jennifer shrugged.

"Some things are just things you do. You don't really think about it." Brendon said.

Jennifer smiled, thinking about how happy she was to have Brendon around. If he wasn't around, she would've given her first kiss to Alex.

"Can you tie up my hand? It still hurts a bit." Brendon shyly asked.

Jennifer smiled.

"There's no hand I'd be more honored to tie up."

**

"Ugghhhh" Jennifer groaned.

It was Saturday morning, and Jennifer consumed a lot of alcohol. She felt like crap, to say the least. She suddenly got the urge to throw up, and ran to the bathroom.

"JENNIFER!" her mom shrieked.

Jennifer groaned as her mother's voice entered her brain. When she was finished, she brushed her teeth and went to the kitchen. Her mom didn't know Jennifer drank at parties. Jennifer had to be extra weird that day, to keep up appearances.

Jennifer walked into the kitchen and was greeted by her mother. Her mom was making pancakes. Just the smell of it made Jennifer's head pound and make her want to throw up. She ran to the bathroom and threw up again.

"ARE YOU PREGNANT?!" her mother screeched when Jennifer was finished and brushed her teeth again.

Jennifer laughed.

"I've only been with one man...What happened to my plan? I WAS GONNA BE AN ACTRESS! I WAS GONNA BE A STAR! I WAS GONNA SHAKE MY-"

"Go do your homework or something!" her mother exclaimed, not wanting to hear any more of Jennifer's singing.

Jennifer smirked and went back to her room.

**

Jennifer got up at 4 in the morning and got dressed for school. She went to Brendon's house to meet him.

"How's your hand doing?" Jennifer asked, as they walked to the train station.

"It's good. It looks really badass!" Brendon exclaimed.

Jennifer laughed.

When they got to school, Tre, Billie, and Mike greeted them as always. As Jennifer walked to her first class, Kayla stopped her.

"You think you're cool now because of what a daredevil some people think you are?" she asked

"No. People don't even remember what I did." Jennifer said.

"Well, I saw you come to school with Brendon. You didn't listen to me. You better stay away from him or else-"

"Kayla, I'm sick of your threats! I never said I liked Brendon, although, you know what? I DO! Now stay away from me!" Jennifer said.

"Wrong choice. Now, I'm going to make your life a living hell." Kayla said.

"Have fun, doll." Jennifer said, leaving Kayla furious.

Jennifer was now determined to pursue Brendon, even if it meant having to put up with Kayla.
Sign up to rate and review this story