Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > Pointless Writings

A Pointless Account of a Boy Getting a Vaccine

by BeatleBug 0 reviews

Ringo gets distracted while getting a shot.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Ringo Starr - Published: 2012-10-23 - Updated: 2012-10-23 - 296 words

0Unrated
Ringo hated shots, even if they did him good. The thought of a pointy needle sinking into anyone's skin, let alone his own, always made his stomach flop. He thought about running off, but he didn't want to be known as "Ringo the Renegade."

"Richard Starkey?" the nurse at the counter called. Reluctantly, he left his comfortable chair to go to whatever room the doctor was waiting for him in.

"Hiya, Ritch!" the doctor greeted. "You know what today is, don't you?"

Tonight, Ringo wanted to correct him, It's almost 9 o'clock. "Another shot," he replied instead.

"Right! The Hypobispeakia vaccine just came in! I heard it was quite popular in your heritage, but, hopefully, it shall be no more! You might even be commemorated! But I'm sure you'd just like to get it over with, wouldn't you?" Ringo nodded. "Good! Then let's get started!"

The teen looked outside the nearest window as the doctor got out a needle. Suddenly, as sight caught his eye. Outside, he noticed a distinct bright path in the nighttime sky. It was beautiful, looking like a dark silhouette. I know what that is, he thought. I know I've learned about them... It's... It's... "A nebula," he thought aloud.

"Pardon me?"

Ringo looked at the doctor. "Sorry... I was just--"

"Don't worry about it," the doctor interrupted. "I just wanted to say that you can leave now." Ringo looked at his arm and realized he was right; a small bandage confirmed that the shot was over with. He looked back up.

"Thanks," he replied. "Have a good night."

"You too!" the doctor gushed as he practically pushed Ringo out of the room.

Ringo went home in a better mood than he had anticipated as he stared at the nebula all the way.
Sign up to rate and review this story