Categories > Original > Romance

The Story Of Sloth And Snails: New York, New York

by LisaBrinayTW 0 reviews

Millionaire writer and Colombia University student, Lisa Brinay, will find love in a man she has dreamed of having a life with for years. With her bestfriends, Izza and Jazzy, Lisa will truly live ...

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2012-10-28 - Updated: 2012-10-28 - 1484 words

0Unrated
Full summary:> Millionaire writer and Colombia University student, Lisa Brinay, will find love in a man she has dreamed of having a life with for years. With her bestfriends, Izza and Jazzy, Lisa will truly live her life in the Big Apple...

Author's Note: This is actually fanfiction of me and Nathan Sykes from British/Irish Boyband, The Wanted. I wrote this in a short amount of time and I don't have a beta-reader so it's not really up to par. Especially, since this is my first fanfiction or story that I've published on here. I'd like to dedicate this to my fellow Insanators, Farwiza and Jasmin. You know the drill... READ AND REVIEW. Enjoy :) Xx LisaBrinayTW


CHAPTER 1: Rudy's Bar and Grill


I sighed, glancing at my metal-strapped Oris watch, I slump further into my seat. I was sitting in a booth near the back of Rudy's Bar And Grill, waiting for my best friends. My best friends, Jazmin "Jazzy" Murdoch and Izzadora "Izza" Milton were running late. I had been waiting for 45 minutes, having had 2 hotdogs, 1 beer and the same guy hit on me twice, my patience was running out. Colombia University, where I studied Graphic Arts, Journalism and English, was a 10 minute walk from Rudy's Bar And Grill. Meanwhile, The Julliard School, where Jazzy and Izza were studying dance and theatre, was a 21 minute walk from the grill. And both of them had rehearsals and projects to complete So i guess i could let them off the hook. I had projects and assignments as well, and it would be nice for them to inform me if they weren't going to make it...

I was becoming impatient. Where were Izza and Jazzy? Did they get held up in class or Did they get run over by a taxi? Did they forget about our meet up or did they abandone me? I sighed yet again. Even I was annoyed by my thoughts and endless questions. I was broken from my questioning thoughts by my phone vibrating in my back pocket. It was a text message notification. I had 1 text message from Jazzy. I unlocked my phone and read the message hurriedly.

JazzyM> Hey Lis, sorry. Got held up in class. Izza and I are in the taxi right now, we'll be there in 5 :-)

I sigh, relieved. They were safe. Late, but safe. I reply merely 2 seconds later.

LisaB> yeah, sure. Tell me next year will you? Good to know you guys are safe. Still waiting.

I got a reply 2 minutes after I hit "send".

JazzyM> Lol. Sorry Lis :) Eat the hotdogs, their free right?

LisaB> mhmm. Why'd you get held up?

I waited for a few minutes before I finally for reply from Jazzy.

JazzyM> :)

Before I replied, I felt extra weight on the seat. Jazzy sat next to me with Leaving Izza the place in front of me. Turning to Jazzy, I say with a roll of my eyes. "I've had 2 hotdogs, 1 beer and I've been hit on TWICE by the same guy," Izza looks genuinely sorry, but Jazzy isn't very pitiful. "And that's bad? This guy, is he ugly?" I shrug, "He looks okay, I just don't feel like snogging with any strangers tonight... The guy wants to do more than snog though,". Jazzy shakes her head, "you are attractive, take advantage of it," Izza gives Jazzy a pointed look, "Lisa is not a whore who uses her looks for her own advantage. Besides, how was class today, Lis?," I shrug yet again. "It was okay, a little hard, how was theatre?," Jazzy and Izza loom at eachother and smirk, "quite interesting," Jazzy finally says, "good," Izza says.

Izza and Jazzy were persistent on keeping me in the dark - about what went on during their their rather "interesting" class- so I just let it go. Knowing, surely well, that I could get them to crack after 2-3 beers - and maybe, just maybe, even find out who has been reading the 50 Shades Of Grey book, I've seen lying around it apartment. Izza and Jazzy were quite light-weight drinkers. After the 3rd can of beer and their gone. Completely. Jazzy would be making an outright fool of herself, -being already crazy when sober- and Izza would be the emotional drag queen. I drink quite a lot so it takes me 5 beers in order to get really drunk. I'm apparently the "temperamental dare-devil" who strips as soon as she hits the 6th can.

Anyways, I decided to order a sirloin steak, mashed potates on the side, broccoli and an ice cold beer to wash it down. I hand in my menu, giving my order to the waitress and stand up, sauntering to the bar. I can almost hear Izza sigh as I sit in an empty seat, which was coincidentally, next to a blue-eyed and blonde, muscle-y stud. I'm not a flirt, but this guy caught my attention, after all... He WAS my -

"Miss Upperton, what are you doing in a bar?" I smirk lazily at my Graphic Arts professor. "Its Rudy's Bar AND Grill, is it not? You don have a problem with me being here, do you?" I say, giving him my 100 mega-watt smile. Professor Grennard chuckles, "Miss Lisa, are you flirting with your professor?," I bite my lip seductively. My professor gives another chuckle, "Lisa, Lisa, Lisa... Get drunk all you want tonight, as long a you're in class wide-awake, fresh and ready to learn, I won't tell you off," With that said, My graphic arts professor takes a 50 dollar note and leaves it on the counter, "Tonight is on me," he winks, "Rose, give the girl a gin and tonic, god knows how much this girl needs it, with the amount of assingments I give her..." Walking away, Professor Grennard -or Eric Grennard- a quint stumble in his usually rockstar, stride.

Professor Grennard and I clicked as soon as I walked into his class. We have that playful, flirtatious friendship. A relationship between us would never work. It was all for good fun. Eric was a 38 year old graphic arts professor at Colombia University. He is unmarried, which doesn't make sense since he has looks of a male model. No lie. He is VERY attractive. Other than his looks, his teaching skills are pretty impressive too. His lessons are interesting and easy to follow.

I grin, chuckling to myself, I get out from my seat at the bar, drink in hand.

In one swift motion, I turn around, coming into contact with a solid, warm surface. I look up to see a face I'd never in my wildest dreams see in real-life... So close. The person I bumped into was none other than... "Nathan? Nathan Kaneswaran, From The Wanted?" I hear a high- pitched voice screeching behind me. My irritation clearly showing on my face. The screeching voice belong to none-other than my all-too-annoying Class mate, Rebecca D'Lay, or as she calls herself, "Becca the Hot Lay", - which is farther from the truth. Guys only screw her just because she is apparently "hot" and EASY. Becca has no skills. Becca only joined Graphic Arts because of Professor Grennade. It's a miracle she has the qualification though I'm pretty sure she is using somebody else's files because the 4.2 GPA is not her's, it's not logical.

Anyways, Rebecca sauntered up to to me and the man of my dreams. "It's Nathan Sykes," I say bitterly. Feeling already embarrassed and heartbroken, I excuse myself. Rebecca is all over Nathan and I don't think I can take it. Rebecca smirks at me, satisfied that I backed down. Nathan didn't seem to be the type but Rebecca was shoving her 36 D FAKE breasts into his chest. There was no way I had a chance. Nathan seemed to protest but I just brushed it away. Walking back to my seat, I sat in my seat, drink in hand feeling like a complete loser. Izza looked shocked, Jazzy looked surprised. We sat in an awkward silence as Izza and Jazzy stared at me, drinking my beer dejectedly. Finally, Jazzy broke the silence, "why the heck did you let 'Becca' have your man?," she said 'Becca' distastefully, I just had to grin -only a little bit. I shrug, "who would look at me when they have 36 D boobs pressed against their chest ?," I say depressed. "Well...," Izza starts, "Your dream man certainly does," Jazzy takes my beer away from me, "Nathan hasn't stopped looking over here since you sat down," I glance at the bar, Rebecca was trying to kiss Nathan, but he was trying to push her away. Finally, Nathan pecks Rebecca, and turns away. Seeing his perfectly soft, beautiful lips touch that slags, disgusting pouty lips made me sick. I get up leaving my things in the booth. Walking out into New York's street, I breath in the smell of New York.
Sign up to rate and review this story