Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Stuck in the Middle With You

Twenty

by thatcrazedfan 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2012-10-29 - Updated: 2012-10-29 - 1252 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Thursday Morning
Frank

“If you want me to go with you, I will.” Gerard grabbed his car keys and grabbed the doorknob. I was worried about what Bert would do to him, and I just wanted to go with him and make sure he was okay.

He turned to face me and shook his head. He was smiling which was a good sign. “No, this is something I need to do by myself.” And without another word he disappeared through the front door. I was actually very proud of him for going by himself, but still I was worried. What if Bert did try something and no one was around to help?

“Do you need a ride home?” Donna walked into the living just as I sat down on the couch. It looked like she was getting ready to head to work. I just shook my head.

“Nah, I’m going to wait for Gerard to get back. He shouldn’t be too long.” She smiled and nodded before walking out the front door. And just like that I was alone in the house. Well, Mikey was locked in his bedroom upstairs, but other than him, I was completely alone.

The house was quiet, and it was strange. This house was never quiet, someone was always up and doing something, but I guess I’d never been here on a weekday morning before.

That was one thing I always loved about coming over here, there was always someone doing something, always noise somewhere. Unlike at my house where I was usually alone, and even when my mom was home we both were quiet people. It’s not that I don’t like my home life, but change is good every once in awhile.

Instead of turning on the TV, I decided to sit and enjoy the silence. It didn’t take long for my thoughts to interrupt. I started thinking about Gerard and how he was going over to Bert’s house so he could break up with him. I was so proud of Gerard for being so strong, and even though he was scared he was standing up and facing his fears. I guess that’s one of the reasons I fell in love with him in the first place.

He was a lot stronger than me. I could have never done what he’s doing. It took me forever to finally get the strength to stand up to my dad. My dad. I’d been thinking about him a lot lately, ever since someone broke into our house. I know it’s crazy, but I just have a weird feeling that he did it. Why else was nothing stolen?

I really hoped it was just a crazy thought. I don’t know what I would do if my dad came back. Especially if he tried hurting us again.

Behind me I heard footsteps on the stairs. I knew who it was without even looking. “What are you still doing here?” I could hear the anger still in Mikey’s voice. It made me cringe.

I turned to face him as we walked farther into the living room. “Waiting for Gerard to get back.”

“Where did he go?” He crossed his arms over his chest. I met his gaze. His eyes were red and puffy, like he had been crying. It was strange to think he had been crying because of how he was acting now. Right now, he seemed like the kind of person who would rather fight to the death than cry about anything.

“To see Bert.” As soon as the words were out, Mikey’s eyes widened and I saw what could only be described as fear race across his face. “He’s going to break up with him.”

“Bert is dangerous! Why didn’t you go with him?” He yelled. I was not expecting him to react like this. I figured he would be happy that his older brother was finally getting out of a terrible relationship.

“I tried, but he wanted to do it alone. Mikey, Gerard is fine. He’s stronger than you think.” Mikey turned and ran back up the stairs without saying another word. His reaction had me worrying about Gerard all over again. I glanced at the clock. He had only been gone for twenty minutes. If he was back in one hour, I would call the cops.

**

As soon as I heard someone entering the house, I jumped up off the couch and ran to the front door. I was a little surprised to see Gerard looking exactly the same as he did when he left standing there. There were cuts or scrapes or bruises, or anything that said he had been in a fight.

He smiled as soon as he saw me, “Everything went better than expected.”

It was too good to be true. There was no way he walked away from Bert that easily. “What happened?”

He shrugged, throwing an arm around my waist and leading back into the living room. “His sister was there. I don’t think he wanted to do anything with her around, so he just okay and I left. He didn’t even look that upset.”

I shook my head as we both fell back on the couch. He pulled me as close to him as possible and I leaned my head against his chest, listening to his heartbeat. “I can’t believe it was that easy. I mean, I was sitting here, worrying the whole time.”

He laughed, placing a quick kiss on my forehead. “You need to stop worrying so much.” Before I had a chance to say anything he kissed me deeply. There was something different about this kiss. It felt wrong somehow, like he was hiding something from me.

It was probably just my imagination running wild, at least I hoped it was anyway. Besides, what could Gerard possibly be hiding from me?

I looked up at him, meeting his gaze. His eyes were definitely hiding something, but he just continued to smile down at me. “You’re sure everything went fine? He didn’t say anything at all to you? No threats or anything?”

Suddenly he frowned. “Frankie, I swear. Everything was fine. Don’t worry about it.” He kissed me again. “You just have to trust me.”

I nodded, “I do trust you. I just can’t believe it.” I forced a smile. “It’s finally just the two of us.”

There was something weird going on in this house. First Mikey was acting all strange and suspicious, and now Gerard. It was like something huge was happening, and they didn’t want me to know about it. What if Gerard was just doing this as a prank, and Mikey was in on it?

I shook the thought out of my head almost as soon as it crossed my mind. No, I know Gerard, and I’ve known Mikey forever, they would never do anything like that. Besides, something this right couldn’t be wrong, could it?

A//N: I know, I've been doing a terrible job of getting this updated. I swear, I'm posting as much as I can. My laptop is freaking out at the moment, so I only have access to the desktop, and I can't get on very often. As soon as my laptop is back in running order, I promise updates will be more frequent. Until then, I hope you enjoy this chapter :)
Sign up to rate and review this story