Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > 7 snogs

Snog #5: Rumor

by kirayasha 0 reviews

More Live journal fun featuring Sessh/Rin...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Rin, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2006-07-18 - Updated: 2006-07-18 - 780 words

0Unrated
Rumor (Snog #5)

By kira


Author's note: More LJ Snog fun featuring Sesshomaru and Rin!



When five sets of eyes looked at him with a mixture of disgust and curiosity, Sesshomaru wondered if they had heard the rumors that had been widely circulating concerning him and the human girl-child that accompanied him. When his brother kept opening and closing his mouth wordlessly as he came over to him, he knew for certain that they had heard them. Sighing softly, he glared back at them.

"What is it, Inuyasha?" he asked eyes narrowed as he stared at his brother.

Inuyasha sighed and looked away. Looking back at his brother, he replied, "Is it true what they're saying? That you and ummm..." he trailed off and looked away. "Rin," he continued softly, "are ummm...mates?"

Sesshomaru's eyes flashed red in anger and he wanted to rip his brother's head off for suggesting such a thing. However, he restrained himself, and taking a deep breath and slowly letting it out, he said, "Iie! Rin is...Rin. "

"But she sleeps with you..."

"Where do you suggest I make her sleep, Inuyasha? She's human, and a child. Surely you know how fragile they are?"

"But it's..." the hanyou trailed off helplessly.

"It's what?"

"Umm...I don't know, it's," Inuyasha growled. "Unseemly! Damn it!"

Sesshomaru, quirking his eyebrow at his brother's out burst, said softly, "Tell me, Inuyasha, if she were my own pup, would it be so unseemly as you put it, to have her by my side, so that I may look after her during the night? Or is it only unseemly because she is not and not only that, human?"

Inuyasha eyed his brother narrowly, "Since when are you so concerned over the welfare of a human?"

"I'm not; I am merely concern over what happens to her. And if you're through trying my patience..."
"Keh!" Inuyasha turned to leave when it hit him. "What are you going to do when she grows up?"

Before Sesshomaru could anything in reply, Rin, who had been running around playing with Shippou, tripped and skinned her hands and knees. She sat up and looked them over, bravely keeping her tears at bay until Shippou, fearing Sesshomaru's wrath, started crying.

Sesshomaru was at her side in an instant. "Rin, daijoubu?" he said softly before turning to glare at Shippou.

"Hai..." she hiccupped, holding her hands out for him to see.

Gently brushing away the debris, Sesshomaru said, "You'll be fine. Come, let' go. Jaken!"

"Hai, my lord!" The little toad youkai scurried towards them along with Kagome who quickly outdistanced him.

"Wait, can I see your hands, Rin-chan?" Kagome said softly, and scooping Shippou up, she walked over to the little girl.

Rin looked over at her beloved taiyoukai for permission and getting a curt nod in reply, she held her hands out.

"Oh... you just skinned them. Look, they're not even bleeding any more which is good," Kagome said as she examined the little girl's palms.

"Hai, but they still sting a bit," Rin said shyly. "And so do Rin-chan's knees..."

"I've got something that'll help." Kagome rummaged around inside her backpack.

"Hai! Kagome has special medicines from her village," Shippou said. "As well as ninja snacks! They're the best!" He happily took the lollipops Kagome handed him.

"You can have one too when I'm finished, Rin-chan."

"Arigatou!"

Kagome smiled and ripped open an antiseptic wipe. She swiped it across Rin's hands and knees. The cooling touch of the towelette took away the sting and Rin smiled as Shippou handed her the lollipop.

"Arigatou, Shippou-chan."

"There's just one more thing to make it all better," Shippou whispered as Kagome closed her backpack.

"What's that?" Rin whispered back as she eyed Sesshomaru. She could tell the taiyoukai was eager to get away from here and she hoped whatever Shippou said was needed would be quick.

"Just a kiss to make it better, right, Kagome?" Shippou said as he looked over at the older girl.

"Hai..." Kagome looked over at the impatient taiyoukai. "But I don't think Rin-chan needs one."

"Ummm...maybe Rin-chan does... But if you don't want to give me one, that's alright, Kagome-sama, Sesshomaru-sama will give me one instead. Ne?" Rin looked up at him.

Closing his eyes and sighing heavily, Sesshomaru took her palm and lightly brushed his lips against her palm. "Better?"

"Hai!" Rin said and taking his hand in hers, she walked away with him, Jaken sputtering along behind them. That simple request had inadvertently set off another round of rumors concerning her relationship to the dour taiyoukai as Inuyasha and friends tried to figure out exactly what they meant to each other...
Sign up to rate and review this story