Categories > Anime/Manga > Weiss Kreuz

Something Precious

by Saiai 0 reviews

Schuldig muses on something he considers to be precious while Crawford confronts him. One-shot. Schuldig + ??

Category: Weiss Kreuz - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Crawford, Schuldig - Published: 2005-06-04 - Updated: 2005-06-05 - 420 words - Complete

1Insightful

Author's Notes: Just a short little drabble I threw together a few years back. Schuldig musing on a member of Weiss and Crawford confronts him on what he's feeling.



You never realise how precious someone is to you until they're taken away, until they're wrenched from your world in an unforgiving gesture. To have the sudden warmth you had let yourself grow used to gone, realising then that you took its presence for granted. Never in your worst nightmares did you think that you would loose the one thing that you shouldn't have loved but did so without understanding why.

Even with preparation, even knowing that it was going to happen, it still killed me to face the reality of it. Rage tore through me, biting at my soul, demanding vengeance for this horrible wrong. My soul was missing something that it had grown attatched to, that I had grown attatched to. I don't let go of things easily, especially not the few people that I let in far enough to get attached to.

"You'll get him back, Schuldig. Patience or you'll fuck up all our plans."

"Plans, Bradley? What fucking plans are you talking about? Fuck your plans! You told me to get close to the kitten and dammit, I did it! Maybe a bit too much, and now you're telling me to be patient in getting back the person I worked so hard to get close to? Fuck you Bradley. Fuck you and your plans and your goddamned patience! I'm not letting them keep him!"

Silence was my answer and the wood of the heavy door splintered beneath my fist.

The American only stared at me, amber eyes steady. "You love him, don't you?"

Shock. Denial. Anger. Acceptance.

"Isn't that what you wanted?" Bitter. Mocking.

Glasses were folded and placed upon the polished surface of the dark wood desk. "I didn't think you capable of loving anyone but yourself, Schuldig. You surprise me."

"Yeah, Bradley. We all know what a fucking cold-hearted bastard I am. Look in the goddamned mirror if you want to see one of those." I wasn't going to stand for this, the accusation that I was less than human, lacking the ability to love someone.

Did I love him?

Maybe. Love's a pretty big thing to admit to. Maybe I do, but I know that even if I don't, he's special to me.

The one precious thing, the one precious person in a world full of deceit and lies.

Yeah. Maybe that is love.
Sign up to rate and review this story