Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Family Man I Was

Story Time

by ZOMBIENATION 0 reviews

I guess you never really know someone until you really get to know them. One day my life happens to be perfect and the next, it all comes crashing down into oblivion. But who's responsible?

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-07-18 - Updated: 2006-07-18 - 581 words

0Unrated
"One night after supper, the lead dog turned up a snowshoe rabbit. The dog lay down low to the race, his body flashing forward, leap by leap. Night came on, and a full moon rose high over the trees lighting the land till it lay bathed in ghostly day. And the strain of the primitive remained alive and active. Faithfulness and devotion, things born of fire and roof were his yet he retained his wildness and wiliness. And from the depths of the forest, a call still sounded....."

I smilled warmly as my dark blue eyes look out from the book I held, at the small child as she lay sound asleep in her cosey plump blankets and fluffy pillows. Close to her heart, with one small arm wrapped around, stay her small brown teddy bear. The sound of her small inhales of the warm air surrounding us in her small pink room. It soothed me to know I could keep her safe. She's mine. Always will be. Her little strawberry ringlets outline her perfect petite jaw. Little freckles bloomed over her pink rosey cheeks. Tiny hands clutch to the teddy as if it were to protect her from any harm of the shadows or other night life creatures.

"Babs, sleeping?"

I smilled softly once more at the sound of the woman's calm and loving voice. Turning my head to face the person the voice belonged to. Longer strawberry locks attached, with less freckles scattered on her perfect face. Teeth as white as anything when she showed them off in a sweet smile. As I turned my head back to watch over my perfect sleeping daughter, my perfect wife, woman of my dreams, love of my life, some one I'd die for, touch a soft hand to my shoulder, affectionate squeeze.

"Hope that wasn't a scary story." she warned me with her infamous dangerous smile.

I shook my head, "Nope. Benji's the one who tells her stuff like that."

"That's it. Blame one of your friends." she teased swatting my upper arm gently, letting out a small yawn in the process. My God, she was cute when she did that.

Wrapping an arm around her gently pulling her head to rest on mine, "Tired baby?"

"Mmm hmm." she replied with a solemn nod.

"Aww, I wanted an early night tonight, if you know what I mean." I chuckled.

She lifted her head up with a brow raised, "Babs is here. Plus, we did that last night when Paul was looking after her."

I stuck out my bottom lip, making it wobble as I tried my hardest to give an adorable pout, watering my eyes too. "Sooooo?"

"Billy! Why are you so horny all the time?" her laugh was playful. Babs stirred in her sleep and Liz slapped her hand to her mouth. "Come on." she whispered. "She'll wake up and we'll never get her back to sleep."

I smilled in agreement and Liz headed back to our room, but not before she placed a small kiss on Babs forhead. I applied the same, running my index finger lovingly across her little nose. Making my way to our room, I left Babs door open just a fraction. She was afraid of shrouded darknesses. What 5 year old girl isn't? Incase she woke up in the middle of the night and wondered into our room, climbing inbetween me and Liz, which was a regular thing at this stage in her life.

"Good night, Angel."
Sign up to rate and review this story