Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Everybody Wants To Change The World

Chapter Twenty-Two: Deploy The Battery, We're Taking Back Control

by Nightstars 0 reviews

This is my epic return!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2012-11-04 - Updated: 2012-11-05 - 1757 words

0Unrated
I HAVE RETURNED AND IT FEELS SO GOOD!!! I know a lot of ya'll probably forgot about this and have lost interest but I swore to myself that I would finish this!
Okay, I had written this chapter a long time ago and was super excited for it. Then I had gone over it again and I HATED IT! I hated the way I started it, the way I ended it, the way that I wrote each characters emotions. So, I trashed the whole thing, it was long and finished and I threw it all away.
This! This chapter right here is the new and improved Chapter Twenty-Two. I Hope you Enjoy, I tried to make it as long as possible. Also, you get a little bit of background on the guys and some of their inner feelings and thoughts in this chapter.
Inspiration for this chapter was a song by The Decemberists - This Is Why We Fight. I had it on repeat while I wrote this chapter. Well that with Sing and S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W.
Anyways. Allons-y!


Chapter Twenty-Two: Deploy The Battery, We're Taking Back Control

The Woman stood in the room, her eyes narrowed and dark as she surveyed the numerous screens in the room. She stood with a form of dignity that not many people had had since the world had ended and then been restarted.
Well not many people except for those damn Killjoys.
Her dark eyes trailed down to the small girl at her feel and she fought the urge to grimace. Her arms folded across her chest and she quickly raised her gaze as she watched a few of her soldiers leave the room, the only ones that remained were those that typed madly at the computers.

Party Poison urged the car faster, eyes scanning the streets for any signs of immediate danger. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a motorcycle pass by in a blur of color, followed closely by a second one. Faintly, a clattering sound reached his ears and he nodded slightly to himself before roughly pulling the steering wheel to the left The car whipped around and he grimaced as he struggled to keep himself from slamming his shoulder into the door. He wouldn't slow down. His sight never wavered from the street in front of him. None of the bright reflection from the sand blinded him, and god he missed it. Still, he refused to even think of turning back. Nothing could deter him now, this is where he was meant to be and this is where he would stay until they gor Grace back. Or he would die trying.
Kobra Kid shifted in his head, keeping himself righted at his brother's startling turn. Quickly, his eyes did a once over a of brother, anxiety pushing him to ensure his sibling's safety. Vaguely, he could hear Dr. Death Defying's words in his head.
'It's a suicide mission.'
Quickly, Kobra clenched his teeth together and took in a deep breath. They needed to get Grace back, and he'd be damned if he wouldn't fight for her. There would be no way that he wouldn't fight for her. In a world like this, she was something that needed to be protected, something that couldn't be allowed to be corrupted. So yes, he would fight for all the people that had been brainwashed in this deserted world. For all the people who had died, for his brother, for his friends, and for Grace.
Fun Ghoul stared at the back of the seat. Fear gnawed at the inside of his stomach, aching to claw it's way up this throat and yell it's existance to the world. He could feel it churning inside of his, snarling and growling. It was alive inside of his, wanting to burst forth but he fought it back, keeping a stoic expression and never letting anything flutter across his usually jovial face. A thick lock of hair fell into his face but he ignored it, a trivial matter compared to what they were there to do. He started straight ahead and watched as the building neared. This was his life, his mission summed up in a matter of hours.
Jet Star would be lieing if he said that he wasn't at least a little bit anxious. But he kept his face expressionless. His mind raced a mile a minute, thinking of times before all this had happened. Of times when they weren't the so called 'Fabulous Killjoys'. Times when where were just four friends making music together and taking the world on with grins on their faces and knowledge that they had a safe home to go to at night and they could always make more music. Of times when they had a family to go to at home, before all this terror and crazyness ensued and they had to seperate from their families to be absolutely positive that they were safe. He could remember it as if it were yesterday when the four of them had sent their loved ones away. God how he missed them, but he supposed that's how it had to be. And then they had found Grace, and she became another piece of their broken up family. They couldn't just let her be taken away, and the wouldn't, not as long as they still had breath in their lungs.
"We're coming Grace."

Her eyes narrowed even more as the alarms blared around her.
Slowly, her gaze lowered to the girl on the floor beside her. As the girl's lips curled into a taunting smile the Woman fought to keep a snarl off of her face. Instead, she smiled right back at the girl, her eyes holding nothing but anger and smugness.
Already, she knew the outcome of this battle, she knew exactly what would happen.
Quickly she turned back to the screens and watched before leaving the room entirely, her hand resting upon the hilt of her flat-blade. Yes, she knew exactly how this battle would end.

Poison slammed his foot onto the brake, his heart slamming against his chest as they all swiftly exited the car, well aware of the security camera catching them all entering Bl/ind territory. He shared a quick glance with Kobra, with his brother, and moved forward, not bothering to say a single word. They walked quickly, never pausing or rethinking their plan, this was the only way. The only possible way to get to Grace fast enough.
Kobra moved, his eyes taking in their surroundings as fast as possible. Yet he was always aware of where his brother and friend's stood. Never once did he let them out of his mind, always he cast a glance at them and quickly flitted his gaze away. Vaguely, he could remember a song about no bravery and sadness. About death around them and asking why there wasn't enough bravery anymore. He couldn't help but notice how the only thing present in his friend's eyes was their daring and fearlessness. But still overpowering that, was their love and determination.
Fun Ghoul could feel the way Kobra's eyes would pass over them but he ignored it, knowing that Kobra was always overly cautious that way. Then again, he couldn't blame him. They hadn't survived this long by ignoring what was around them, or by completely letting each other fend for themselves. The only reason they had lasted in this world as long as they had was because they had each other. Even before this deserted world that they now lived in, they had survived because they had each other, they had thie family, their had the music that they loved so much to create. That had ended and now...Well now they had lost to many things, they couldn't afford to lose Grace.
Jet Star shifted his hand to his holster, and quickly drew his raygun as they neared the bridge, watching as the others repeated his action. His mind raced, hear beating furiously as adrenaline and a sense of finality coursed through his body. They were here, and they weren't leaving without Grace, not if he could help it. So he kept moving forward, his finger already placed upon the trigger of his bright green raygun, and ready to pull it at less than a second's notice. This was what needed to be done, he's be damned if he didn't try to get Grace back.

Then there were shots. Bright, white, rays of light were flying towards them Party Poison moved forward. His need to protect the only loved one's he had left driving him to cover them as best he could. Then, he raised his raygun, and fired.
There were more jets of light from behind him and he could recognize the familiar colors. One by one the Draculoids fell to the ground, black smoke wafting from the scorch marks on their white suits. The Killjoys moved forward, even never glancing towards the ground to stare upon the things that had once been human. Instead they moved forward, charging through the doors and taking down any Draculoids that tried to interfere with their path.
As quickly as the Draculoids had attacked, they were all strewn upon the ground and the four of them were racing through the building, not questioning their path but knowing that they were going in the right direction. And there it was before them, the room with large screens and computers and the many Draculoids sitting at the keyboards typing madly. Still, there on the floor, wide-eyed and anxious, Grace.
Without thinking the group burst into the room, rayguns already firing before the Dracs could reach their feet. With a gasp of relief, Missile Kid lurched to her feet.
Then Party Poison was on his knees, his arms wrapped tightly around Grace and pulling her close. His face was clear of any emotion, not twitch of the eyebrows, narrowing of eyes, or quirk of the lips. He was simply impassive, the only action betraying him was the tightness which he used to hold Grace closer. He could feel her trembling lightly in his grasp.
"We're going to get you out of here Grace," he murmured.
Still his gut twisted as the alarms blared inside of his head. His eyes flickered upwards, catching his brother's gaze. The kindred dread swirled in Kobra's eyes and he knew, they would get Grace out of there, but at what price...That was something he didn't know.
Sign up to rate and review this story