Categories > Original > Drama

When I Was Loved: Apology

by 18th_Hole 0 reviews

Niaomi has an identical cousin. Niaomi loves Carmen. Carmen loves Niaomi's cousin, Thomas. The most hurtful triangle a person could ever experience...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2012-11-05 - Updated: 2012-11-05 - 368 words

0Unrated
Niaomi is sitting in Carmen's front lawn, waiting for her to come outside and sit next to her.
Carmen looks through her window at Niaomi, sadly. Suddenly, both Niaomi and Carmen feel a sharp pain in their chest. One so painful like they've never experienced before.
Niaomi's phone began to ring. She took it out of her pocket. She looked almost surprised when she realized that it was Thomas' number on the screen. She accepted the call and stood as if getting ready to jump for joy. But it wasn't joyous news that she received.
Carmen ran outside to Niaomi and caught her just as she began to fall.
Niaomi let the phone slip from her hand. She began to shake.
Carmen carefully sat her down, and sat down next to her. "Niaomi? What's wrong? What happened?"
Niaomi stared at the ground as she was on her knees, sitting on her feet. "He's gone."
Carmen thought she might've mistaken what she said. "What happened?"
Niaomi quickly turned and looked into Carmen's eyes, "He's gone! Thomas is gone!"
No. Carmen thought. "He can't be gone. He said he was coming back."
Niaomi looked back down, "He went to Thailand...I was supposed to go. Not him."
Carmen reached and softly touched Niaomi's hand, but Niaomi pulled away.
"Don't touch me, Carmen." A look of worry blew across Carmen's face, "Are you happy now? I can no longer love you! I don't even think I could have the strength to ever love you like I once did. But that's okay, right? It's what you want, right? Now you can't be uncomfortable around me anymore. I no longer feel the love I had, the love for you, Carmen. Everything is gone. He took everything with him, because he knew this would happen. And who knows? Maybe this is the best thing for you. That's fine. Because now it feels like it was the best thing for me, too." She grabbed her phone and stood up, "I'll be going now. Goodbye, Carmen. This may be the last you see of me." A small tear rolled down her face. She took in a deep breath, let it out, and began to walk...away.......
Sign up to rate and review this story