Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > From Under The Cork Tree

For a Moment, Let It Be

by moocow 3 reviews

Another surprize visitor and another surprize.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [!!!] [?] - Published: 2006-07-18 - Updated: 2006-07-18 - 1002 words

0Unrated
Chapter 13- For a Moment, Let It Be

"When I find myself in times of trouble
Mother Mary comes to me
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
And in my hour of darkness
she is standing right in front of me
speaking words of wisdom, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
Let it be, let it be.
Whisper words of wisdom, let it be"


Lizzie sat on her couch, watching some crappy Lifetime movie while reading her magazine when she heard footsteps coming from the basement stairs.
"If it is Patrick, Joe or Andy, I'd rather not deal with a lecture of how upset and emo Pete is, and if it's Pete, get out of my house," she spoke, not looking up from her magazine.
"And what if it's your best girl friend, Sierra?" Lizzie looked up to see Sierra standing there, arms crossed. Lizzie shook her head, smiling.
"Hey Sierra," she spoke as she crossed the room and sat down next to her, turning off the TV.
"Lizzie, we need to talk," Lizzie sighed and turned to her friend.
"Who sent you?" she muttered and Sierra dryly laughed.
"Nobody did. I decided to come here after eavesdropping," she told Lizzie and she silently broke out into a smile.
"Typical of you, SiSi," Sierra laughed at the nickname and then sighed.
"I'll tell you right now, tonight is going to be a girl's night in. As much as Pete is down and heartbroken...I know you are too, so let's break out the ice cream," Lizzie smiled as Sierra shed her jacket and scampered across the wood floor of the kitchen, fetching every girl's guilty pleasure.

"And when all the broken hearted people
living in the world agree,
There will be an answer, let it be.
For though they may be parted there is
Still a chance that they will see
There will be an answer, let it be"


"Sierra, I can't help but ask..." Lizzie paused as Sierra slowly removed the spoon from her mouth and raised an eyebrow.
"Ask what?" she asked scooping another spoonful of strawberry ice cream.
"How is everybody?" Lizzie asked, looking down at her spoon that had traces of saliva and melted ice cream.
"Meaning Pete, right?" Sierra asked through a mouthful of ice cream. Lizzie slightly giggled and nodded her head. Sierra swallowed and sighed out, trying to find a good way of putting it.
"He's..." she paused and flicked her gaze up to Lizzie's impatient face.
"You can be blunt about it, I won't care," Lizzie muttered and Sierra breathed a sigh of relieve.
"Good. Pete is fucked up, emotionally, physically and...spiritually," Sierra watched as Lizzie's eyes widened and her lips slightly parted.
"What do you mean?" she asked slowly and Sierra shook shrugged, her eyes drifting.
"I mean...he's just been so...distant...writing a lot," Lizzie bit her lip.
"Am I the next whore of the record?" Sierra just dryly laughed.
"The lyrics I've seen thanks to Patrick seem more..." she paused, moving her hands around in some weird way. "More...intimate, like...he's trying to grab your heart through the airwaves," Lizzie smiled at her friend.
"That's the cleverest thing you've ever said," she whispered and Sierra laughed.
"Like it? I made it up just now!" the two shared a laugh and Lizzie ended it with a sigh.
"So I take it he's writing a new album," Sierra nodded.
"They are actually recording, now, that's why I'm here...and not with them, Patrick even wants me to wait for it to hit stores...but, Pete told me you get the first copy...lucky bitch," Lizzie widened her eyes.
"Why me?" she asked. Sierra smiled and nudged her friend.
"Because the album is for /you/, dumb ass," Lizzie widened her eyes more and let her jaw drop.
"Wait.../me/?" she hissed and Sierra giggled as she pushed up Lizzie's jaw.
"What did you think it was about? All those songs, every word...every guitar riff, every deep bass note, every pound of the drum...it's all for you. You, Elizabeth Marie Valentine," Lizzie listened as Sierra stared her down, stating something that was just too much to handle.
"But...I..." Sierra hushed her friend.
"Don't worry...none of it is really negative...it's more of...well, I'm not exactly sure...Pat says they are done in about a week. First copy goes to you..." Lizzie slowly blinked and nodded as Sierra let out a dry laugh.
"Sierra...I think...I think I'm gonna faint," Lizzie breathed out and grabbed her spoon, shoveling more ice cream in her mouth.
"Pete put a lot of his mind, heart and soul into this...so..." Sierra trailed off and Lizzie glared at her friend.
"Just because he wrote a whole album for me doesn't mean I'm gonna take him back," Lizzie nearly spat but held back her disgust. Sierra just laughed again.
"He specifically told me he just wanted some way of telling you he's sorry and that he's a complete idiot, bastard, bitch, asshole, fucktard, and mess-up, anything you can think off. He just wants to be able to talk to you, without really talking to you..." Lizzie nodded her head, a slight frown appearing on her face.
"Did I really push him that far away that he's scared to talk to me?" Lizzie asked and Sierra laughed into her spoonful of ice cream.
"Liz, you changed your number like two days after you guys fell out," Lizzie raised an eyebrow and parted her lips in a gasp.
"I've fucked up," she muttered and Sierra nodded.
"And so did he," Lizzie bit her lip in thought.
"But he's not giving up..." Sierra added. Lizzie just nodded.
But I am...

"And when the night is cloudy,
there is still a light that shines on me.
Shine on 'til tomorrow, let it be.
I wake up to the sound of music
Mother Mary comes to me
Speaking words of wisdom, let it be"
Sign up to rate and review this story